IGNORED

Transfer Window - Day 8

Bowie

Point being Monkeh, the preliminary negotiations and due diligence should have been done before the window opened. Unless of course McInnes didn't know who he wanted to bring in and has been waiting to see what players are available.

More likely good players don't want to come to bottom of the championship clubs and are waiting for a better offer to come in. You reckon Sturridge would have signed as quickly for say, Reading as he did for Liverpool? Come into the real world RR. No point signing crap for the sake of it - we have plenty of that already

Point being Monkeh, the preliminary negotiations and due diligence should have been done before the window opened. Unless of course McInnes didn't know who he wanted to bring in and has been waiting to see what players are available.

please tell me how you know this hasn;t happened? I don't think you are employed by the club so really you have no clue,

The fact we have been linked with plenty of players since the window has opened and we have openly talked about 1 trialist shows that feelers has been out there,

but don't let facts get in the way of another anti manager agenda

Unless of course McInnes didn't know who he wanted to bring in and has been waiting to see what players are available.

Nothing wrong with that IMO. Transfer window movements are likely to mean players become available who at first were thought unavailable. There will also be scenarios where players coming to the end of their contract now confirm to the club that they will not renew their deal (a la Maynard).

Lets be brutally honest, since the transfer window has opened we have a relatively meaningless cup tie, a game against one of the top performing sides in the league and a game against Leeds from whom we rarely seem to get a point. Would one, two or even three incomings really make a huge difference to the results in these games given they would have limited time to gel with their new teammates and to gain anything from these games we would most likely have to have 11 of our players playing at close to their best? Is it also a great idea to blood them in in ties which prudence means we should expect very, very little?

I see no reason to panic buy, or even necessarily showing the hand too early because there will be alternative options in the transfer window, options which right now may be unavailable, and any early signings are unlikely to impact upon immediate results. Therefore much better to bide your time and get the right option, rather than the right now option. The only thing I can see that is important is ensuring that an option of sorts comes in, whether that happens pre or post Leeds I think is rather trivial.

''millwall have been linked with every striker at the low end of the championship so far this window,

Just Paper talk,''

please tell me how you know this hasn;t happened? I don't think you are employed by the club so really you have no clue,

The fact we have been linked with plenty of players since the window has opened and we have openly talked about 1 trialist shows that feelers has been out there,

but don't let facts get in the way of another anti manager agenda

So when Millwall are 'linked' it's just 'paper talk' but when we are linked it suddenly becomes 'facts'. The only facts that interest me are that we are 23rd in the league and haven't kept a clean sheet all season.

''millwall have been linked with every striker at the low end of the championship so far this window,

Just Paper talk,''

So when Millwall are 'linked' it's just 'paper talk' but when we are linked it suddenly becomes 'facts'. The only facts that interest me are that we are 23rd in the league and haven't kept a clean sheet all season.

we have that lad in on trial and the club have confirmed there are 3 or 4 offers out there ie fact

we have that lad in on trial and the club have confirmed there are 3 or 4 offers out there ie fact

Millwall are probably spinning the same spiel to their fans. I won't believe it until it happens. It's a bit like backing a horse. go on what you see at the racecourse, not on reports from the gallops.

No Saborio was last player from Swiss league.

Not talking about a player signed nearly 20 years ago when we were in league 1.

Did you ever see Ago play? He was absolutely ******* gold-plated, real class

Went on to play in the Bundesliga, that sub-standard sh17 league

Indeed seriously lack of action and its getting depressing, it's not secret what positions need filling, more need fixing than are fixed.

Lack of action AGAIN from the club speaks volumes when action and fresh blood is desperately needed

If my understanding of our financial situation and FFP is correct (and it may not be), then we need to dump a few before we can bring in some?

I don't think the activity regarding Kelly and Frank Felch-me is 'nothing', and they sound like real possibilities. But we do need some steel at the back...however...

A thought occurs - if we improve our distribution and retention of the ball in midfield, we will give it away less. Therefore our opponents will have the ball less. Therefore the pressure on our defence will reduce. Or am I over-simplifying?

Bowie

my thoughts are : I'm worried

If you've seen all the home games this season then your eyes tell you this simple equation :

This present Squad + This Manager = Relegation - so the only chance of surviving is more and better players OR change of manager in the hope that he could get more out of the current squad

Given the dire position we are in and the publicly stated fact ( by Derek ) that we have tried and failed since the summer to fill key positions , then I was hoping that deals were all lined up and would be announced in the first few days of January

The fact that they havent means one of 2 things :

1 ) Club not sure about Derek's future so reluctant for him to recruit any more players in early January

2 ) Players of the calibre we need aint interested in coming into a relegation battle

This is why we should have pushed teh boat out in August because it was always going to be difficult to recruit in January when you are at the bottom of the table

If the new signings are the Crawley centre-half , some Venzualan triallist and a Man Utd teenager then I'm afraid that wont be enough and we will be relegated

Del's not lost his touch then. Intricate planning , assessing the needs of the team and getting in quick and signing some much needed defenders and midfield options. Oh no I have just woken up and it's all a dream.and good old Del is still in the blocks yet the race has started.

Bowie

my thoughts are : I'm worried

If you've seen all the home games this season then your eyes tell you this simple equation :

This present Squad + This Manager = Relegation - so the only chance of surviving is more and better players OR change of manager in the hope that he could get more out of the current squad

Given the dire position we are in and the publicly stated fact ( by Derek ) that we have tried and failed since the summer to fill key positions , then I was hoping that deals were all lined up and would be announced in the first few days of January

The fact that they havent means one of 2 things :

1 ) Club not sure about Derek's future so reluctant for him to recruit any more players in early January

2 ) Players of the calibre we need aint interested in coming into a relegation battle

This is why we should have pushed teh boat out in August because it was always going to be difficult to recruit in January when you are at the bottom of the table

If the new signings are the Crawley centre-half , some Venzualan triallist and a Man Utd teenager then I'm afraid that wont be enough and we will be relegated

can I borrow your crystal ball?

thats a crawley centre half who championship clubs are chasing and Swiss born Venzualan who has 11 caps and 2 goals to his name as well as 21 under 21 swiss caps and a Man U Teenager who has played twice this season for man u and is so poor that Man U pinched him from liverpools youth acadamey...................

Not to mention Kelly a highly rated cup winning midfielder and I'm sure others we are not aware of yet.....

Its like this every transfer window WE HAVENT GOT A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF MONEY

can I borrow your crystal ball?

thats a crawley centre half who championship clubs are chasing and Swiss born Venzualan who has 11 caps and 2 goals to his name as well as 21 under 21 swiss caps and a Man U Teenager who has played twice this season for man u and is so poor that Man U pinched him from liverpools youth acadamey...................

Not to mention Kelly a highly rated cup winning midfielder and I'm sure others we are not aware of yet.....

Its like this every transfer window WE HAVENT GOT A BOTTOMLESS PIT OF MONEY

Agreed but also the calibre of players that we can attract has to be realistic. I think the money would be there for the right signings but it's pretty clear they don't want to come to a relegation bound side.

Oh and in addition I am really concerned about Albert's absence in January as we have some tough games and in the last few home games we have had 2 main methods of advancing the ball over the halfway line :

1 ) a 70 yard punt

2) Albert running at the opposition with the ball

..on Saturday method number 2 is unavailable so I dread to think what its going to be like

Don't underestimate what effect the absence of Albert might have

so far, so good

pitman and danns off the wage bill, which has to be #1 priority in this window

2 or 3 more out then we can be in a position of looking to make additions on a one in, one out basis with it making some financial sense

first nyatanga, morris and one more need to go, then we can look at adding someone

i am being proven right. danns, pitman and woolford is three out before any arrivals

Reading Mr Lansdowns comments, and those of our illustrious "manager" re value for money and younger players, I dont think we're gonna get anyone decent in, unless we luck in and find a Viera or Henry amongst em.

I think we are getting ready for another long spell in League 1. We're being told to up a bid of 200,000 for a Kilmarnock player, this doesnt exactly suggest we're gonna get any names either.

If by chance we survive in this division this season, its gonna be the same story again next season. This much vaunted revamp of the youth and other teams had better start bearing fruit pretty damn quick, or it will be a long time down in League 1..

200th Post in 25 days since joining - and still nothing positive to say about the club you "support"?

I'm POSTIVE that the once McInnes has got the boot this club will climb the table.

Dick

Lets be frank though, name something really POSTIVE over the 25 days, bar the Peterboro result which was POSTIVE.

I'm POSTIVE that the once McInnes has got the boot this club will climb the table.

Dick

Lets be frank though, name something really POSTIVE over the 25 days, bar the Peterboro result which was POSTIVE.

Is there any need for your second paragraph?

Positives: Selling Pitman, Selling woolford, having bid accepted for Kelly, under 25 recruitment policy, interest in McFazdean(sp), extended loan deal for our winger at AFCW, board & owner indicating sustainable plans for the future, Albert in Ghana squad, Albert given No 10 shirt, result at Ipswich, our game in hand.

I know our league position is a big piece of the puzzle but we have to look at the bigger picture and the longer term. We got out of this the last two seasons by getting a few loanees in, there's nothing to say we cant do it again. I'm still believing.

Keep your chin up.

COYR

Positives: Selling Pitman, Selling woolford, having bid accepted for Kelly, under 25 recruitment policy, interest in McFazdean(sp), extended loan deal for our winger at AFCW, board & owner indicating sustainable plans for the future, Albert in Ghana squad, Albert given No 10 shirt, result at Ipswich, our game in hand.

I know our league position is a big piece of the puzzle but we have to look at the bigger picture and the longer term. We got out of this the last two seasons by getting a few loanees in, there's nothing to say we cant do it again. I'm still believing.

Keep your chin up.

COYR

i agree with most of your points, but how is it positive for us that one of our best players - born and raised in london, england - is going off to play in the african nations cup?

i agree with most of your points, but how is it positive for us that one of our best players - born and raised in london, england - is going off to play in the african nations cup?

Would be even better if he was playing for England, but on the pretense that he has a storming ACON which I hope he does, he'll be worth more to us. The negative is obviously his absence but the chap before was asking for positives, he sounds like he's well aware of the negatives.

Keep your chin up.

COYR

Selling Pitman - No - Best goal scorer we had.

Selling Woolford - Best Left Winger we had - not given another chance to recreate early season form with Cunningham - Strange

Bid Accepted for Kelly - PAPER TALK

u25 policy - Talk

McFazden - PAPER TALK

Loan Deal for Winger - Toby - so what? Is he anywhere near first team if not why we got him?

Owner sustainable plans - shouldn't his plans always been sustainable instead of throwing money at everything and creating massive losses

Albert in Ghana Squad - How the HELL is that good for US.....We need him in our Starting 11, not some london born player bogging off to Africa when we need him most

Result at Ipswich - GOOD POINT

Game in Hand - Prefer points on table!

so one postive

Archived