IGNORED

Transfer Window - Day 8

Bowie

1/4 way through transfer windor And yet......still no incomings

Some trialist from a minor league and that's it.

Kinda hoped that the manager would have players lined up to bring in when window opened but probably too much too ask with this bloke.

Views

I was waiting for the first post saying "why haven't we got anyone in"

And here it is.

Nice one.

I like to think I'm level headed on here and not a 'reaction maniac post results'. But I got to admit I am quite dissapointed so far we have not seen anyone come in. We're desperate for new signings and need them ASAP. We need to take the transfer window by force and show teams around us we have the arsenal to sign players who can make the difference. Hull City are showing this by boosting their chances for promotion. We need to do the same via boosting our chances to get out of this slump at the bottom. Show the rest were gunning for it and looking for a fight.

The more inactive we are in the window, the more itchy it gets for us and it further exposes our weaknesses while other teams around will try and improve their own soft spots.

Our last player from that minor league wasn't so shabby. Rumours abound ac milan offered 18 million for the guy from that shabby league. Lets not write him off just yet.

Really..... Never knew Milan were after Alvaro Saborio

Either way, it's a trialist which is usually a sign that the manager is unsure of the player and wants to see him in person first.

Similar to the summer and last Jan...

Really..... Never knew Milan were after Alvaro Saborio

Either way, it's a trialist which is usually a sign that the manager is unsure of the player and wants to see him in person first.

Similar to the summer and last Jan...

Agostino

I like to think I'm level headed on here and not a 'reaction maniac post results'. But I got to admit I am quite dissapointed so far we have not seen anyone come in. We're desperate for new signings and need them ASAP. We need to take the transfer window by force and show teams around us we have the arsenal to sign players who can make the difference. Hull City are showing this by boosting their chances for promotion. We need to do the same via boosting our chances to get out of this slump at the bottom. Show the rest were gunning for it and looking for a fight.

The more inactive we are in the window, the more itchy it gets for us and it further exposes our weaknesses while other teams around will try and improve their own soft spots.

Indeed seriously lack of action and its getting depressing, it's not secret what positions need filling, more need fixing than are fixed.

Lack of action AGAIN from the club speaks volumes when action and fresh blood is desperately needed

I was waiting for the first post saying "why haven't we got anyone in"

And here it is.

Nice one.

To be fair, given the state we are in and the dire urgency of getting defenders in, I would have expected us to have someone lined up that we'd been working on since the last window shut ready to go at one minute past midnight.

What surprised me was today's news that Danns won't be returning and is going out loan again to another club. Surely Danns would have told McInnes that he wasn't interested in rejoining City before he went back but only today does the story break.

Like most of us I would have expected some 'preliminary' work on potential signings to be have already been done before Jan 1st in readiness for a prompt signing or two. That hasn't happened and with Leicester arriving at AG on Saturday McInnes has nothing new to work with. It doesn't look good.

What surprised me was today's news that Danns won't be returning and is going out loan again to another club. Surely Danns would have told McInnes that he wasn't interested in rejoining City before he went back but only today does the story break.

Like most of us I would have expected some 'preliminary' work on potential signings to be have already been done before Jan 1st in readiness for a prompt signing or two. That hasn't happened and with Leicester arriving at AG on Saturday McInnes has nothing new to work with. It doesn't look good.

Disappointing I agree but can't see anything or anybody to be annoyed about - he probably knew nothing about new interest from other clubs when leaving and who can blame a man for wanting to work nearer their family so they can live together. Not Danns' fault nor McInnes'. I suspect when he left McInnes would have expressed his wish to have him back and Danns would have been happy to come back had something more favourable not come up.

So the fact that McInnes has bids in for players, two of whom we are aware of, means no preliminary work has been done ?

Bids, discussions could/should have gone in weeks ago.

But haven't sums up typical lack of action from mcinnes

Easy innit ?

Wave 10m or whatever it was and things happen.

Especially when clubs want to offload the player.

You're missing the point quite deliberately Cynic.

Surely McInnes would have a short list of players he would like to bring in and would surely have put out the feelers to test their interest, made offers, bids ect ect just as Liverpool would have done with Sturridge.

McInnes should have had at least one player ready to bring in on Jan 1st.

Has any one else got that horrible feeling that there's just to much work need doing to repair this squad and so little time? Even if this trialist turns out to be half decent and we manage to sign a CB, will that be enough to see us safe? I fear not.

I'm not so sure, shock horror but I'd be quite optimistic if the trialist does turn out to be a good playmaker in the midfeild and we sign a good CB. Having said that it would also depend on McInnes actually allowing us to play the same formation and starting 11 long enough to gel... that I'm not so confident about.

To early to panic about signings, I'd like to think we'll have a midfielder in by Saturday because if Leicester turn up, it could be a bit of a walloping.

Like the sound of this Kelly from Killie, wouldn't think wages would be too high so we could even keep him if we go down!!

No Saborio was last player from Swiss league.

Not talking about a player signed nearly 20 years ago when we were in league 1.

Ah okay I was talking about permanent signing. Sabrorio if played as a striker, rather than target man, may have done a little better for us. You could see the difference when ball was played into chest or feet, rather than head, which seemed order of the day.

so far, so good

pitman and danns off the wage bill, which has to be #1 priority in this window

2 or 3 more out then we can be in a position of looking to make additions on a one in, one out basis with it making some financial sense

first nyatanga, morris and one more need to go, then we can look at adding someone

so far, so good

pitman and danns off the wage bill, which has to be #1 priority in this window

2 or 3 more out then we can be in a position of looking to make additions on a one in, one out basis with it making some financial sense

first nyatanga, morris and one more need to go, then we can look at adding someone

didn't think I'd agree with you but this is spot on,

Robbo and his agenda against a manager who isn't his secret love ie millen, We've got bids out for 3 players currently, guess what these don;t happen over the space of 12 hours these take up to a month to complete (Baldock)

If no one has come in by jan 31st at 23:59 then by all means moan and slag the club off but until then pipe down and wait

Robbo and his agenda against a manager who isn't his secret love ie millen, We've got bids out for 3 players currently, guess what these don;t happen over the space of 12 hours these take up to a month to complete (Baldock)

If no one has come in by jan 31st at 23:59 then by all means moan and slag the club off but until then pipe down and wait

May have the bids out, but then Derek has to use his charms to sell the club to them.

How many times do we scrape the barrel at the the ending of the transfer window.

Point being Monkeh, the preliminary negotiations and due diligence should have been done before the window opened. Unless of course McInnes didn't know who he wanted to bring in and has been waiting to see what players are available.

Archived