IGNORED

Taylor To Millwall

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

millwall have been linked with every striker at the low end of the championship so far this window,

Just Paper talk, He's not for sale we wouldn't of cup tied him if he was (unless they put a stupid bid in a million plus or something)

It's probably one of those rumours that are floated just to fill column inches in a newspaper, but if Millwall do make a bid I think City should accept. Taylor has some strengths but his main failing is he doesn't score goals. Only 1 for City this season and his record before joining City is approx 1 goal in every 8 games at league 2 level.

According to wikipedia; Taylor has only played 24 games for City

This can't be true, can it?

For me, don't sell. Taylor is still young, still wins the majority of headers he challenges for and has some intelligent movement in his locker; with a bit of experience, looking at him as an asset, his value can only increase. Should we go down to league one, I think we'd be able to keep him too.

Hate to say it but Stead, at this stage of his career, for me is the one to loose. This will be the last chance we are able to get any money for the bloke if he doesn't run down his contract. A great player an a true proffessional, it's business though.

According to wikipedia; Taylor has only played 24 games for City

This can't be true, can it?

For me, don't sell. Taylor is still young, still wins the majority of headers he challenges for and has some intelligent movement in his locker; with a bit of experience, looking at him as an asset, his value can only increase. Should we go down to league one, I think we'd be able to keep him too.

Hate to say it but Stead, at this stage of his career, for me is the one to loose. This will be the last chance we are able to get any money for the bloke if he doesn't run down his contract. A great player an a true proffessional, it's business though.

he was out injured for pretty much all of last season so yea I think thats correct

As my evil twin says, Taylor departing (after Pitman going) would turn a situation where we had too many strikers into one where we potentially don't have enough.

That said, if we can replace him with someone who actually scores goals and we're making a profit on the deal - bye bye Ryan.

Keep him I say, I like what I've seen so far. Similar player to Stead just a lot less experienced. Will need a player like him if the rumours are true and Stead leaves in close season.

Well when we go down, there will be a shiteload more than Stead leaving in the close season.

In fact its quicker to say who will still be here.

Skuse, Fontaine and errrrr us.

we only play 1 striker.

We'll be playing 2 up front if the defence and midfield are adequately strengthened with Kelly and McFadzean or/and others, and at last it's looking promising in that respect.

Not a big fan of non scoring strikers so I'd take the opportunity to let Taylor go anyway if it's a good offer.

No doubt Del would have someone else in mind to make up the numbers up front.

Well when we go down, there will be a shiteload more than Stead leaving in the close season.

In fact its quicker to say who will still be here.

Skuse, Fontaine and errrrr us.

No, rumour has it that Skuse has numerous admirers who may even be determined to prise him away this window.

Im assuming we will be signing Felscher to play up front as every player that del has taken a look at and made waves about has subsequently signed (Bates, M Wilson etc). If Taylor goes, and for a profit then Millen's youth policy really was quid's in.

I think he's going to be in on loan if ALbert is away for a period in the ACN

we didn't own wood and yannick put in a transfer request :)

My point being this forum is littered with people who claimed those two weren't good enough now writing about how bad a decision it was to not retain them and why couldn't we get the best out of them...

Taylor is a classy deep lying forward.

My point being this forum is littered with people who claimed those two weren't good enough now writing about how bad a decision it was to not retain them and why couldn't we get the best out of them...

Taylor is a classy deep lying forward.

Who can't score at this level.

Taylor is not exactly a goal machine but if there's any truth in the rumor and City let him go that would leave the striker cupboard pretty bare. Stead and Davies are both injury prone and Baldock needs a partner up front.

When did we have a striker that actually was a "goal machine"?

Lita?

Even Baldock has dried up in our side apart from penalties.

Who can't score at this level.

We clearly have different attitudes towards the game, Nogbad.

You are stuck in the past of 4-4-2, two goal scorers and excusing lazy players because they might score a Worldy at some point. A formation that is dead at the highest level, an idea that is dead at the highest level... But remains in the heads of 50 something's stuck in the past.

I come from a generation that appreciates the build up to a goal as opposed to simply the finish. Wants to see tactical fluidity, not rigid banks of 4. That understands the importance of ball retention, and the fact you do not have to score within 5 seconds of gaining possession.

Thankfully, IMO, despite this country doing its best to avoid changing with the rest of the game, we're slowly seeing a passage away from that crap.

:)

I come from a generation that appreciates the build up to a goal as opposed to simply the finish. Wants to see tactical fluidity, not rigid banks of 4. That understands the importance of ball retention, and the fact you do not have to score within 5 seconds of gaining possession.

We can dream that this sentence may describe City one day...

We clearly have different attitudes towards the game, Nogbad.

You are stuck in the past of 4-4-2, two goal scorers and excusing lazy players because they might score a Worldy at some point. A formation that is dead at the highest level, an idea that is dead at the highest level... But remains in the heads of 50 something's stuck in the past.

Thankfully, IMO, despite this country doing its best to avoid changing with the rest of the game, we're slowly seeing a passage away from that crap.

:)

Well, if you're playing the game your way then Taylor still doesn't fit. You can't play one out and out Striker and him not be able to score.

Archived