IGNORED

Abominable Home Shirt - The Clearout Starts Early...

kmpowell

Sales must be really slow of this abomination (in turn stock must be huge!) for them to start reducing already...

sale2012bl.jpg

Away shirt untouched in price, so I presume we'll be (hopefully) sticking with that next season. Dave L stated they've selected next season's shirt already (going back to red and white), so I'm glad they realise they made a big mistake with this one.

Presuming we actually have a marketing department, they all need sacking.

look at the area we're in, word of mouth and constant exposure to the club, making it more central to the community, are exactly what we need to bring more fans in.

to discourage fans from getting shirts by a) re-inventing history to say black has always been a feature on them and b) changing both kits every bleedin year is a joke.

the marketing team, and club in general, has been myopic. If you want to be a big club you can't afford that.

I like the shirt but give it another month and it'll be down to £20 and another month after that and it'll be down to £10.

Wouldn't want to buy a shirt that was one we wore whilst struggling all season long though.

We need to get a two season thing going and then they will hold their price longer and people will be inclined to buy as they know it'll stay in-date for longer.

To be fair the club was very honest about it though. To paraphrase, it's one of the big money makers so that dictates the 1 year policy.

Yeah I know it's a big money maker but it's sad that the running of a club & increased wages of players is knocked down onto the fans this way.

The retro shirt they released sold really well. I'd like to see some classics from the past re-issued...

Is there anywhere apart from the city shop to buy shirts ie. in town?

I went in sports soccer or sports direct whatever its called and they have every kit under the sun but not city shirts how bad is that!

You can buy a Liverpool shirt from the 70s and a Ukrainian national team kit but no city or rovers shirts ..... why is that?

Can remember the commercial manager saying that shirts wouldn't be reduced at all as it devalues them. Bet the people yet to use the £10 off any shirt offer with their season ticket are pissed off as cant be used in conjunction with other offers

It might well be a money make but I can't help but think that more people would buy it if they knew the lifespan of it being "in-date" would last an extra 100% of time. Then you've got the kids whose birthdays are late in the season, parents may not want to shell out £35 on a shirt in March/April knowing it'll be out of date in August. Bring in a two year shirt and it's less of an issue as it'll still be in-date for the majority.

Also, DL stated that the shirt for next season has already been decided. If it has to be decided this early because of the contracts with suppliers then if we had a two year shirt system running there could be more fan consultation given there is more time to sort it out. Then if there is more fan consultation, there is also more chance of people buying the shirt.

Do you think twice as many people will buy a 2 year shirt as those that buy a one year one?

I personally don't think this will be the case, it may prompt a 'big name' signing in the second season though - in order to sell shirts (reverting to Cardiff's reasoning behind bringing Bellamy in on loan the first time)

It might well be a money make but I can't help but think that more people would buy it if they knew the lifespan of it being "in-date" would last an extra 100% of time.

Is there anywhere apart from the city shop to buy shirts ie. in town?

I went in sports soccer or sports direct whatever its called and they have every kit under the sun but not city shirts how bad is that!

You can buy a Liverpool shirt from the 70s and a Ukrainian national team kit but no city or rovers shirts ..... why is that?

Because they would sell hardly any bristol city or bristol rovers shirts.

Am I the only person who actually likes this shirt?

I like it, have one with my name number and league badges on it. Problem with the majority of City fans is they don't like anything different, hell there are still calls for purple and lime.

It's quite funny really, everyone bangs on about how they want the club to do well but the majority of our fans live in the past, "we want purple and lime", "why is there a black patch on our kit, we're white and red", "bring back the robin" etc

So many clubs have advanced, evolved and we may as well be an 80's club still.

I like it, have one with my name number and league badges on it. Problem with the majority of City fans is they don't like anything different, hell there are still calls for purple and lime.

It's quite funny really, everyone bangs on about how they want the club to do well but the majority of our fans live in the past, "we want purple and lime", "why is there a black patch on our kit, we're white and red", "bring back the robin" etc

So many clubs have advanced, evolved and we may as well be an 80's club still.

Did you support what Cardiff did? Out of interest?

I like it but laughably some people blamed it for our bad performances this season, oh dear.

You are right Tins. It is quite clear that our poor form is entirely down to the decision to return to red shorts instead of white ones.

If you look at our record, we always do better in a 'Man Utd' kit rather than a 'Liverpool' one

Afternoon, I just thought I'd clear up a couple of queries regarding the home shirt.

Adult home and away shirts are currently £29.99, this is a limited offer until the end of January. This is not a reaction to low sales, simply a traditional 'January Sales' offer. I would never have said that we won't reduce the shirt at all, however I did say that we wouldn't reduce the shirt to less than we bought it for - which has happened in the past!

We appreciate that this season's shirt has split opinion, the inclusion of the black has received mixed feedback which we have taken on board. As Dave has stated elsewhere on OTIB, next season's home shirt will red and white.

So far this season we have sold a total of 3,727 home shirts, which is approx 75% of the total stock ordered.

This is a small increase on this time last season, when we'd sold 3,689 home shirts and 2,061 away shirts sold (we ordered more yellow away shirts last season due to the "Big Team Picture" promotion).

Depending on how sales go towards the back end of this season (April/May), it may be necessary to reduce the price of the remaining shirts (in the less popular sizes) however it is unlikely to drop much below the current sale price.

I hope this helps, I'm always happy to discuss issues such as this either on here or directly on kevin.smith@bcfc.co.uk

Kevin Smith

Archived