IGNORED

Abominable Home Shirt - The Clearout Starts Early...

kmpowell

Depending on how sales go towards the back end of this season (April/May), it may be necessary to reduce the price of the remaining shirts (in the less popular sizes) however it is unlikely to drop much below the current sale price.

Looks like the donating shirts to disadvantaged sunday league teams in foreign countries will get a boost then. I'll look out for the future Bristol City-Seychelles and Bristol City-Pohnpei connections.

We appreciate that this season's shirt has split opinion, the inclusion of the black has received mixed feedback which we have taken on board. As Dave has stated elsewhere on OTIB, next season's home shirt will red and white.

I hope that's "red and white" as in "Red with white trim" - couldn't believe Southampton's home kit this year, thought they were a stripes team?

Personally, I don't like the kit but as others have said, it's not entirely our decision - it's an Adidas template. And it raises £££s.

Nice, simple but modern kit would be ace. But I'm not really one to have my say as the only replica kit I've ever bought was for the kids :)

Looks like the donating shirts to disadvantaged sunday league teams in foreign countries will get a boost then. I'll look out for the future Bristol City-Seychelles and Bristol City-Pohnpei connections.

Yeah you'll see on comic relief a real stick thin African kid playing football wearing a XXXL Bristol City Kit. You'd think they had it hard enough already.

Sew up the sleeves and make a sleeping bag?

Just a little tasteless, don't you think?

Went to the Maldives a few years ago, loads of kids there wearing old footie shirts from the UK, got chatting to them and they were really interested to hear about what these places were really like!

Dropped Kevin@City an e-mail, think next year's kit will be more 'traditional', phew

Went to the Maldives a few years ago, loads of kids there wearing old footie shirts from the UK, got chatting to them and they were really interested to hear about what these places were really like!

Didn't say it was a bad thing but if the club refuse to make a small loss on the remaining stock then they'll have to instead settle for a complete loss.

Get s grip people. Its still red, its Adidas, and its got cider as a sponsor....not too bad compared to where we were a few years back.

The black band wont be to everyones taste but its only one season and it does differentiate us from all the other teams who play in red and white.

Oh and if it was a two season shirt then people would be moaning they want a new one sooner.

Now who wants a fight?

Sales must be really slow of this abomination (in turn stock must be huge!) for them to start reducing already...

sale2012bl.jpg

Away shirt untouched in price, so I presume we'll be (hopefully) sticking with that next season. Dave L stated they've selected next season's shirt already (going back to red and white), so I'm glad they realise they made a big mistake with this one.

INTERESTING.......WAS £45.99? SAVE £16? I thought the shirt was £45? or are the club doing the traditional retail thing of bumping up the RRP price to make the sale/reduction price look more impressive

I know it's only a quid, but it's the point.

Yeah I know it's a big money maker but it's sad that the running of a club & increased wages of players is knocked down onto the fans this way.

The retro shirt they released sold really well. I'd like to see some classics from the past re-issued...

I think the purple and lime shirt would sell well

Presuming we actually have a marketing department, they all need sacking.

look at the area we're in, word of mouth and constant exposure to the club, making it more central to the community, are exactly what we need to bring more fans in.

to discourage fans from getting shirts by a) re-inventing history to say black has always been a feature on them and b) changing both kits every bleedin year is a joke.

the marketing team, and club in general, has been myopic. If you want to be a big club you can't afford that.

More fans would have bought it if it was in the clubs real colours. A shabby gimmick from the commercial bean counters that causes the very thing Dave L wants to bridge.

If you've read Up Pohnpei writen by Mark Watsons brother and fellow city fan Paul Watson. You'll know when he went there and asked clubs if they could donate shirts City were the first to reply telling him to piss off

Nah, not read it. Know about his "job" there though.

What else would the club do with a shit load of extra shirts?

Well i am getting one saturday if not before. Not overly keen hope a lesson has been learnt and we return to red and white. A re worked modern version of the 1975 - 76 shirt would be gert lush or the rogin one of 76-77

I quite like the shirt, but £45? Thats a lot of money in these times of austerity.

I think people would shell out forty five quid if it had a two season life span. We should change the home kit one season and then the away the next season. People who want a new shirt every season would be happy, people who want value for money would be happy. I also think one should be more traditional and the other a bit more modern, again keeping both types of fans happy.

I didn't like this season's home shirt but think the away one is very smart and would have bought it if it had a two season life span or if it is further reduced.

Archived