IGNORED

Adomah Confirmed....

UREDS_91

Brilliant for Albert but the worst news possible for us.

It might inflate his value but I thought he is only signed until summer 2014 so this summer coming he will only have a year left so clubs will only to wait a year to get him on a free not that I think city would let this happen.

Does anyone know if the ACN is on bbc this time? I know they've covered it in previous years.

Eurosport and ITV (4, probably) if I remember correctly..

Who else is in Ghana's group apart from DRC ?

Group A: Angola, Cape Verde, Morocco, South Africa

Group B: Congo DR, Ghana, Mali, Niger

Group C: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Zambia

Group D: Algeria, Ivory Coast, Togo, Tunisia

**** the africa cup of nations.

Our key player and he's off jollying it up in Africa for a country that he wasn't even born in. Sorry, but I'm of the school of, you play for the country your born in, none of this mother, grandmother crap.

We need Albert if we stand any chance of staying up this season and considering this club gave him the step up from Barnet, you'd hope for a bit of loyalty from a player when we need him in the team most, personally I hope he spends all the tournement on the bench and plays little more than a few minutes, the last thing we need is him coming back knackered or injury.

Bristol City is my priority, not some poxy competition in Africa

Disgusting xenophobia at its worst.

what a utter ridiculous comment to make? REPORTED

I want OUR players to play for OUR club, not to play for a country that he wasn't even born in? I just don't understand the fifa rules that you can play for a forieng county because of older generations of your family.

Yeah show some loyalty Albert! Don't go and play for your country, that would be madness. He may have been born here, but his heritage is Ghanian. I'm with you on playing for Egypt because your great grandma was half Egyptian, but if it's your whole family then I think it definitely gives him the right to play for that country.

its not as ludicrous as when marv played for jamaica, but the simple fact is that adomah was born in england, raised in england, and has lived his entire life in england, so it is simply farcical that he is going off to play for another country in an entirely different continent

wish him all the best, but fifa genuinely needs to sort out this problem. we've had cacau and eduardo playing for germany and croatia, when they're both brazilian. its becoming a farce

Fair play to Albert hope he's has an awesome tournament.

In the rest of the world, players put Country before club, there is a pride to playing international football. If the Ghanaian FA believe Albert Adomah is one of the best players of Ghanaian heritige in the world then he must be over the moon.

International football should be the pinacle; it's just being treated as a separate entity by some countries - biggest culprit is England and its players. Adomah is so proud to call himself Ghanaian, a pride that has deserted most of the England squad of the 21st Century. Ghana is a country which all have huge pride in their international team and the players have great pride in playing for them.

I do feel for the bloke that left Bursaspor to play for Ghana;

He was then dropped by Bursaspor for putting Country before Club;

Then he was not picked by Ghana for not playing enough domestic football!

It's a shame this same pride isn't replicated in England in my opinion, a manager promoting 'club before country' is Sir Alex Ferguson because of how much money is involved in the domestic game. The only way this attitude will change is if huge sums are injected into the National Team to coax players into puttng their country first.

Obviously this is all my opinion

I have a mate who was born and raised in London but is of Ghanian parentage and he regards himself as more Ghanian than English. Now it may well be that Albert just fancied an international career and feels very little connection to the land of his parents, but we need to accept that we live in a multicultural society (as indeed the western world is) of our own making and we can't criticise people who ended up here because (historically, not literally) we subjugated them, for feeling more of a connection to the land of their parents than the land of their birth. Another example of that very British habit of being dismissive of any way of life other than our own

However, agree with that point about Brazilians playing for Germany or Croatia, though I do think that some of these notions of 'nationality' are outdated: you're from whichever country you feel is your home

I have a mate who was born and raised in London but is of Ghanian parentage and he regards himself as more Ghanian than English. Now it may well be that Albert just fancied an international career and feels very little connection to the land of his parents, but we need to accept that in a multicultural society (indeed the western world is) of our own making and we can't criticise people who ended up here because (historically, not literally) we subjugated them for feeling more of a connection to the land of their parents than the land of their birth. Another example of that very British habit of being dismissive of any way of life other than our own

Well said that man.

I have a mate who was born and raised in London but is of Ghanian parentage and he regards himself as more Ghanian than English. Now it may well be that Albert just fancied an international career and feels very little connection to the land of his parents, but we need to accept that in a multicultural society (indeed the western world is) of our own making and we can't criticise people who ended up here because (historically, not literally) we subjugated them for feeling more of a connection to the land of their parents than the land of their birth. Another example of that very British habit of being dismissive of any way of life other than our own

Well said. My accent ensures that I get it in the neck (both here and across the Irish Sea) for being a plastic in spite of the fact that I was born in County Kerry! It's one of those things but it's not just a British habit in fairness.

Pleased for Albert on his involvement. It's a good chance for us to see how we fare without him. Let's face it, we've been lucky with the lack of injuries to him at least and there's every possibility that he might not be with us for that much longer, although I think it's fair to say that without being anywhere near one of the chief culprits he's not been at his best this season.

Archived