IGNORED

Fonts To Sheff Utd?

SecretSam

Do people on here really not realise that Fonts has, without doubt, been on bad form this season, but when settled with a decent CB partner, he is a decent NPC first team player, probably one of our better ones.

Cut the guy a bit of slack and maybe with a little bit of support and refound confidence, he might just get back to his best form, which would do us wonders at the moment. Lets not forget that Southampton were on the verge of paying us £1million for this player that you you all seem to have written off! That was only a year ago.

I know he is having a mare of a season, but surely you can't all have forgotton that when on form he is a decent NPC standard CB.

Just never liked him its a bit like my irrational hatred of Carl Hutchings

But as I've said in the past I'm man enough to say his leadership is missed something other posters aren't known for

I would hate someone that killed someone in my family or something equally as bad.

I would generally have a mild dislike of players

Not sure it would be a "massive mistake" but I totally agree the level of mindless abuse on here over him is embarrassing.

He's played poorly this season, he's lost confidence but do I think he's ever gone out and done that on purpose? No.

We paid the grand sum of £50k for Liam and have had excellent service from him over the years (yes, I do know he's been paid well for it).

I don't think he ever should have been captain, either, but that wasn't his decision.

It is also not inconceivable that the from he's lost could return, it's not as if he's 30+, is it?

Excellent post.

As for Monkeh's comments about hating Carey, why the f ** k do you even support a Club like City if you hate Carey?! You hate a man who has reprsented us the second most times in history, a man who has given his all for this Club breaking many bones along the way and a man that when he has retired will be regarded as a Bristol City legend? Well I truly am speechless.

Fonts is having a very bad season no doubt about it,

But fonts for him to perform he needs a leader ball winner beside him he hasn't had that

As much as I hate Carey he is the only leader on the pitch we have but he's at that age now where we can't rely on him

We need a player like him to come in so we can get the best out of him again

A bit like shearer and sherringham those to players always brought the best out of each other

Fontaine needs that

This season a side he has been a very important player for us and can be again when he gets form back

You don't become a bad player over night

Hate Carey?

Dear god thats the dumbest thing i have ever seen on here.

Please explain why you hate a Bristolian that for years and years has given everything to this club,would do anything on the pitch to get 3 points and has bled for us time and time again.

looking forward to you're reply!

For those claiming the stick Fontaine is getting is embarrassing ...

Fontaines performances have been embarrassing, his "leadership" is embarrassing, the fact he's probably one one highest earners in the club is embarrassing, the amount of times he has cost us goals and points is embarrassing, his effort is embarrassing.

yes he may be a decent guy and I have nothing against him personally but his season to date is an embarrassment.

I would love it if he had a great end to the season and prove me wrong.

Anyway, back on topic and away from the pro/anti Carey/Fonts stuff - I agree, he's been a good player in the past but is struggling this season, but is this rumour valid or is it just plain old horsesh17?

It's off 'that site' so I think the rumour of me filling in for Fontaine is about as true as this rumour!

Anyway, back on topic and away from the pro/anti Carey/Fonts stuff - I agree, he's been a good player in the past but is struggling this season, but is this rumour valid or is it just plain old horsesh17?

It's from football rumours, so it's about as valid as sightings of Elvis working on the tills at Aldi.

Hate Carey ?????

No wonder some ex players and staff don't have a good word to say about the place is it?

Just about sums some of our fans up, very short memories, and zero respect shown for City stalwarts who care deeply for the club, and have shed blood and tears for it.

Some clowns think abusing players will help get the best out of them, hardly suprising Fonts hasn't been on his game after injury is it?

Some nobheads can't help but scream and shout dogs abuse at players, as it's the easiest thing in the world to do, next time why not try encouraging a player who's trying his best, you never know it might just spur him on if he knows fans are behind him, strange concept to some I know.

Carey, Fonts, Marvin, Skusey all been voted players of the year by fans, I think they above all others they deserve respect.

Try to show some it'll make you a better human being.

As much as I hate Carey he is the only leader on the pitch

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Louis Carey only passed by John Atyeo in terms of matches played? Hasn't he been at the heart of the team since 1995, and a mainstay in two promotion sides? Hasn't he broken his nose on several occasions while defending for the club, and chucked himself in front of the ball more times than one could reasonably ask? Didn't he score the first goal against Crystal Palace in the play-off semi-final? For all his few months away at Coventry, hasn't he been the most loyal player Bristol City have had in most fans' lifetimes?

And you hate him?

Let's put it this way. I think I saw the smoking horse...

SOme of this stuff is absolutely disgraceful. Maybe he has had poor form but he's not the only one.

WHen did fonts have a consistent partner in defence, that's more than two games. He has been asked to fill a variety of roles.

IF fonts leaves it'll be a massive mistake

to the silly bastards who buy him, not for Bristol City...over-rated, over bloody paid, and still bloody here

Hate Carey ?????

No wonder some ex players and staff don't have a good word to say about the place is it?

Just about sums some of our fans up, very short memories, and zero respect shown for City stalwarts who care deeply for the club, and have shed blood and tears for it.

Some clowns think abusing players will help get the best out of them, hardly suprising Fonts hasn't been on his game after injury is it?

Some nobheads can't help but scream and shout dogs abuse at players, as it's the easiest thing in the world to do, next time why not try encouraging a player who's trying his best, you never know it might just spur him on if he knows fans are behind him, strange concept to some I know.

Carey, Fonts, Marvin, Skusey all been voted players of the year by fans, I think they above all others they deserve respect.

Try to show some it'll make you a better human being.

Well said, sir.

Well I'd be happy to keep him because I know he's a capable defender, certainly the type of player we need for cover. Our manager did him no favours giving him the captaincy, he's not cut out for it. It was clearly affecting his game, as sometimes happens when people are made captain. I have to point the finger at McInnes for letting this go on for too long before changing captains. A manager should spot these things.

Fonts is having a very bad season no doubt about it,

But fonts for him to perform he needs a leader ball winner beside him he hasn't had that

As much as I hate Carey he is the only leader on the pitch we have but he's at that age now where we can't rely on him

We need a player like him to come in so we can get the best out of him again

A bit like shearer and sherringham those to players always brought the best out of each other

Fontaine needs that

This season a side he has been a very important player for us and can be again when he gets form back

You don't become a bad player over night

Hate Carey? What a fool you are, great servant to BCFC that deserves respect. Some people are just beyond help.

Everyone on this forum is entitled to an opinion mate but that comment about Carey it totally out of order.

they might have been city legends but there was a few i hated.

they were the same as carey litewaits. they are as follows. ateyo,mcamoyle,galley,kellard.derrick,gibo,t.t,rooks,sharpe,lowe.

big jump! taylorsss! riley nevile,barnard scott always hated em all, dont know why just did!

SOme of this stuff is absolutely disgraceful. Maybe he has had poor form but he's not the only one.

WHen did fonts have a consistent partner in defence, that's more than two games. He has been asked to fill a variety of roles.

IF fonts leaves it'll be a massive mistake

Bang on Fonts has had a tough patch, but some of the stick he is getting has been terrible on here, of Fonts has the right partner alongside him he's a class act, this season he has had a different partner every game, the pressure of the captaincy put on him by the manager, been probably our most experienced player in the back line not a role he relishes, and fans on his back. For many seasons he has been a very steady and reliable player for us. Id be disappointed to lose him as he still has a role to play in partnership with a ball winner/no nonsense defender. That said a move could be best for him and a new challenge!

Archived