IGNORED

Camp From Forest

Swindon8er

Personally I think Camp is a **** - insert any four letter insult you like here

BUT - Footballing wise I rate him, I think he's a good player and would be well worth trying to bring to the gate - get Lewis Carey out on loan and see who cracks first Heaton, Gerken or Camp.

We are a long way from attracting Camp to challenge for a place at Ashton Gate though

Personally I think Camp is a **** - insert any four letter insult you like here

BUT - Footballing wise I rate him, I think he's a good player and would be well worth trying to bring to the gate - get Lewis Carey out on loan and see who cracks first Heaton, Gerken or Camp.

We are a long way from attracting Camp to challenge for a place at Ashton Gate though

he helped us stay up last year.. so he's not a****!!

Heaton has only "committed" to a one year contract anyway. What happens at the end of the season if Heaton decides, despite the way he has performed, that he is too good for us and seeks pastures new? I can't see him being interested in League 1 football. Gerken will no doubt be looking to go elsewhere at that point anyway as it is clear he will not be used by Mcinnes and that leaves us with no keepers apart from the untried and untested Lewis Carey.

If we can get Camp in then go for it. And if Heaton has to make way then so be it albeit I will be in a minority of about three on this forum.

As for this Saturday I would be starting with Gerken myself after the poor goal Heaton let in last week added to the equally poor one up at Sheffield. However, I think Abu Hamza has got more chance of getting a game under McInnes than Gerken.

I'm guessing that another three or four months on the bench might just persuade him to go and play for another Manager at a different club. He's being professional, training and turning up etc. but I imagine if he had any sort of pride in him he would be pretty p'd off about the situation at the moment. He gets dropped for making a poor mistake against Gillingham, comes in for a couple of games whilst Heaton is being rested, does NOTHING wrong at all then gets dropped again and yet the current keeper has made two poor mistakes in the last five/six games and will still no doubt keep his place on Saturday.

I'm guessing that another three or four months on the bench might just persuade him to go and play for another Manager at a different club. He's being professional, training and turning up etc. but I imagine if he had any sort of pride in him he would be pretty p'd off about the situation at the moment. He gets dropped for making a poor mistake against Gillingham, comes in for a couple of games whilst Heaton is being rested, does NOTHING wrong at all then gets dropped again and yet the current keeper has made two poor mistakes in the last five/six games and will still no doubt keep his place on Saturday.

I don't think it was so much Gerken being dropped, more Heaton was rested for a game as you said.

The Gillingham game was in the league cup, it's common for sides to play their 2nd keeper in that competition.

It's common for sides to play their 2nd Keeper in the FA Cup too, Blackburn did for example and he didn't let anyone down, but we didn't and our "1st" Keeper undone all the good work we did in the first seven minutes!!

Little things like that are not going to persuade Gerken to stay beyond the end of the season or that he has any future under McInnes. Heaton is only committed until June anyway and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave too, 100% certainty if we go down in my view.

So in summary, get Lee Camp in!!

It's common for sides to play their 2nd Keeper in the FA Cup too, Blackburn did for example and he didn't let anyone down, but we didn't and our "1st" Keeper undone all the good work we did in the first seven minutes!!

Little things like that are not going to persuade Gerken to stay beyond the end of the season or that he has any future under McInnes. Heaton is only committed until June anyway and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave too, 100% certainty if we go down in my view.

So in summary, get Lee Camp in!!

True, though in fairness to Heaton that was his first real mistake this season so far as i can remember.

On his contract, wasn't there something about a clause triggering an extension once he played a certain number of games? He spent a lot of time as Cardiff's no.2 and wanted to make sure that wouldn't be the case here iirc.

True, though in fairness to Heaton that was his first real mistake this season so far as i can remember.

On his contract, wasn't there something about a clause triggering an extension once he played a certain number of games? He spent a lot of time as Cardiff's no.2 and wanted to make sure that wouldn't be the case here iirc.

He also made a bad error at Wednesday that didn't cost us hence my two mistakes in 5/6 games comment.

Notts Forest goalkeeper has been told he can leave the club, he looked really decent opening day I thought and also when I've seen him on the tv, obviously not a priority position to improve Heaton and Gerkin not bad keepers but wonder if we could get him in.

With the financial problems - what the hell do we want to sign another keeper.

As for this Saturday I would be starting with Gerken myself after the poor goal Heaton let in last week added to the equally poor one up at Sheffield. However, I think Abu Hamza has got more chance of getting a game under McInnes than Gerken.

Abu Hamza doesn't like crosses either!!!

I'd love to get Camp to AG, but it ain't going to happen.

Lee Camp is 28

Is he an exception?

I think so - Goalkeepers last so much longer than outfield players (barring severe injury/loss of ability) He is one of Billy Davies' gems like Kenny is Warnock's & Nelson is Allen's. Heaton get's alot of grief for a down right shoddy defence, sure up the defence and Heaton/Camp competition would be very good.

I don't rate Gerken as highly as others do, his proffessionalism cannot be questioned though, he has been here since 2009 and played second fiddle to Basso, James, Heaton and possibly Henderson after being snapped by Tyson, his commitment to the cause is definitley up there with one of the most committed. I respect his dedication to BCFC but, if he isn't good enough to actively challenge for the number one spot and nobody has come in to offer him a number 1 jersey elsewhere, I struggle to see the faith in his ability that others do.

If BD gets a championship job or a top end league one job Camp will probably go there.

Lee Camp is 28

Is he an exception?

I think so - Goalkeepers last so much longer than outfield players (barring severe injury/loss of ability) He is one of Billy Davies' gems like Kenny is Warnock's & Nelson is Allen's. Heaton get's alot of grief for a down right shoddy defence, sure up the defence and Heaton/Camp competition would be very good.

I don't rate Gerken as highly as others do, his proffessionalism cannot be questioned though, he has been here since 2009 and played second fiddle to Basso, James, Heaton and possibly Henderson after being snapped by Tyson, his commitment to the cause is definitley up there with one of the most committed. I respect his dedication to BCFC but, if he isn't good enough to actively challenge for the number one spot and nobody has come in to offer him a number 1 jersey elsewhere, I struggle to see the faith in his ability that others do.

If BD gets a championship job or a top end league one job Camp will probably go there.

The only grief Heaton really get's off me is staying on his line far too often and not pushing his back four far enough out at times to make it easier for him to come and get crosses, particularly in-swinging ones in the six yard box that should be a piece of p1$$ to take for a Keeper at Championship Level (and are taken by other Championship keepers). That is his own doing, not that of his back four. Although I accept that certain elements of our back four are sub-Championship standard and that does not make his job any easier.

Think Gerken will start saturday and he will be our nr 1 next season if Heaton leaves. Not sure if Camp is better than Gerken.

Just about ANYONE is better than Gerkin. Has anyone come in for him from a better club, while he is deservedly on the bench?

Remember Gerkins last appearance in the 5-0 tanking which FINALLY got Millen his books? 3 goals his fault

Just about ANYONE is better than Gerkin. Has anyone come in for him from a better club, while he is deservedly on the bench?

Remember Gerkins last appearance in the 5-0 tanking which FINALLY got Millen his books? 3 goals his fault

Forgotten about the eight or nine games at the end of last season when Gerken finally (albeit belatedly to many) replacing James was one of the single most important factors in keeping us in the Championship.

So he had a terrible game at Blackpool. Don't all keepers have those? What about the game at Forest last season that was the complete opposite? Or the 0-0 draws at Ipswich and Newcastle? Or the 2-1 win at Derby?

Can't agree that "just about ANYONE" is better than Gerken. Using your logic nobody from a "better" club has come in for Heaton so he must be pony too!! In fact he couldn't get a regular game at a better club, in terms of league position and performance, than us at the minute.

Sounds like you dislike him for whatever reason. I'm not saying he's Buffon but he's not remotely close to being as bad as you make out.

Archived