IGNORED

Getting Local Talent...

bucksred

Do BCFC have scouts in Buckinghamshire (Or anywhere) area. I ask cos Sam Baldock is one of a full team, including 6 reserves to come from the Aylesbury area

These 11 players and subs include Emmerson Boyce (Wigan) Rob Green (West Ham, on loan at Birmingham) Jake Grey (Palarse) Remi Streete (Newcastle) Richard Lee (Brentford) Lee Cook (QPR, Now Leyton Orient) Sam and his brother who is also an MK person I disagree with, Gareth Ball (Swinetown), Matt Philips (Blackpool), Sam Ricketts (Bolton). The others are no league players in the list. Bear in mind there is no league team in Aylesbury, Wycombe Wanders, Lu'on, MK Mongs, Scumford, & Oxford are the local teams, plus (obviously) the Laaandan sides. the paper concerned said the team had cost 11 million in transfer fees (Not to the local clubs they came from).

If City is ever to become a force, it looks as if we will have to tap into things like this, not just the West and Bristol areas. If the Mongs can get players like this, then we have to.

How does City's system work these days? I am intrigued to know...not a dig, but trying to get a constructive debate going, and help us get back

Remember; Paul Cheeseley came from Gordano and City missed him hence signing him from Norwich!

Norwich took a fair few on trial from this area during the 1970's, Big Paul and Andy Rollings were two local lads who were successful there.

The Cheese was from Pill and he later played rugby for Gordano.