IGNORED

Gary Johnson (Merged)

Scrumpy_247

Steve Watts - I just saw the comment "he proved he couldn't manage at this level" do you remember when we got to the play off final and we were 1 game away from the premier league? We wouldn't have gone down if he hasn't been sacked. We were always competitive.

What most seem to forget is that the league that season was a very poor one. The top two would have failed to gain promotion with their points tally in any season that the Championship has been in existence in it's current name (since 2004, I think). Hell, we managed to finish fourth with a goal difference of plus one. We were riding the crest of the promotion wave, as evidenced by our decline ever since. And make no mistake, we were heading for relegation when he went. He is a very good lower league manager, but I would be amazed if he ever amounted to anything more than a very good lower league manager.

the stat of us being 4th if every game finished after 90 mins (ie stoppage time goals against) when he left adds spice to the argument, sadly, GJ's my way or the highway attitude worked for 4 years, then, turned very sour, mainly due to players taking the p*ss. they say never go back, but he is doing alright at yeovil, and id have him back in a heartbeat, but not with his bruv pete thanks!!

No!

He ran out of ideas! That's why he was shown the door because he had reached the limit of where he could take us as a club and it was heartbreaking to fans turning up week in week out to see him begin to take us backwards with poor signings and his inability to come up with a plan B for how to set up the team, let alone plan's C or D.

If he comes back, we might steady the ship for a short period of time, but at this level his methods were found out and he couldn't change things around without losing the dressing room.

Don't misinterpret me as a Johnson hater though, just think that Gary WAS a great manager for us.

Archived