IGNORED

Sorry It's Not Worked Our Del Boy

coxyboy

I was one that did not get excited when Del came but got behind him. Yes he has to be accountable as the manager and has not cut the mustard but this group of players must hang there heads in shame and have let there manager and us the fans down. In truth i think he was a little out of his depth at this level. People will say well its the job and he was on fantastic money but he has a family which he moved down here and now Del still wakes up this morning having lost his job. I know he wanted the best for BCFC and wanted it to work and I bet regardless if all the wages he will pick up while out if work he will be bloody hurting today.

All the best Del if you read this, it was right fur a change I think you will agree but I hope you are back in work again and still believe you are a good manager.

Just put similar post on was the time right thread. Completely agree coxy. Some people lose sight that for him this is real life and will have feelings; it's not just the world of football. I'm sure del cares and feels a bit of a failure at the min. Hope he comes back and is a success somewhere else in the future but we needed a change.

Just put similar post on was the time right thread. Completely agree coxy. Some people lose sight that for him this is real life and will have feelings; it's not just the world of football. I'm sure del cares and feels a bit of a failure at the min. Hope he comes back and is a success somewhere else in the future but we needed a change.

Asked peoples pockets if you dont think they care .

This is a job, you are either good or bad or indifferent at it.

The results were poor to say the very least, so yeah not good enough at this level or his assistants (friends)

He will find another job, pleasant in his manner, but too friendly with the players (some)

But this club was too big for him, but he will make it in management.

McInnes came over as a charismatic and likable guy but being so doesn't necessarily make you a success.

The bottom line is that he failed. He made far too many mistakes, not strengthening adequately in the summer, signing players he barely used, tinkering with formation, tactics and personal every game. How many times did he play the same 11 twice in a row? Failing to address the very obvious defensive weaknesses which ultimately cost him his job.

I'm sure he'll take a while to lick his wounds, consider where he went wrong and come out the other end a better manager for it. I'm sure he'll be a success at another club in the future

im gutted it didn't work out for him. it was for him to go after yesterdays result and in all honesty came a little too late. i hope he gets another job soon at a lower league club or maybe back in scotland. a struggling Bristol City in the championship was out of his depth. good luck to him for the future though.

Gutted for delboy.

Buy having said that, things got progressively worse to the point where his position became untenable yesterday, regardless of new transfers.

The one thing that confuses me is when people speak of his charisma - I just never saw it. Nice guy, yes, but charisma, no.

He seemed to be making less and less sense with each interview as well, and when I listened to his post match yesterday, I finally had had enough too. Harping on about the positives of the second half...in what haas been a shambles. Was just a dead man walking. Was his last chance to show some real passion and anger, to apologize to the fans and give us some assurances but he blew it.

Good luck, hope you learn.

so you wanted him to fail and take city down?

Dont be an idiot and start trolling looking for a row.

I have said on here that I backed the man right up until about 4 weeks ago !

So no of coarse I didnt want him to fail, but once it became apparent he was crap and dint have a clue I wanted him gone !

Well, I'm gutted for the guy. Clearly, a decent fellow who was badly let down by his senior players (excepting Carey). The chopping and changing was largely due to the woeful performances these individuals put in and trying to find a formation that 'protected' the gutless wonders.

Yes, I was one critical of the transfer strategy, his loyalty to certain players who evidently weren't up to the task and ultimately he has to 'carry the can' for the debacles on the pitch. Just really sad its turned out this way. Hopefully, we can rid ourselves of all the leaches at the same time in this transfer window.

Dont be an idiot and start trolling looking for a row.

I have said on here that I backed the man right up until about 4 weeks ago !

So no of coarse I didnt want him to fail, but once it became apparent he was crap and dint have a clue I wanted him gone !

not being an idiot and not trolling for a row. seems like you want the row by calling me an idoiot. i wanted him gone too, but i would want any manager in charge of BCFC to succeed.

A pity it did not work out and I'm very glad he kept his family in Scotland. A very wise decision. We got very poor players hence the continious changing. Del got ambition and probably qualities not possible to adopt by a bunch of lazy Sunday Leaguers. It's not possible to judge McInnes qualities without having watched atleast five training sessions. Good luck for the future Del boy.

I have to say I'm disappointed it's not worked out for him but I think he was the architect of his own downfall, which for me makes our current predicament all the more frustration. He signed some very good players and addressed 2 of the big problem areas we've had in recent season (left back and goal scoring), but then didn't play the players he signed. When he did play them he often didn't utilise them correctly. I'd always felt he could turn it round, perhaps until Millwall when he inexplicably dropped Baldock and changed a team that had won the game before. His determination to prove himself right in his constant tinkering went from irritating to irresponsible. Still think there's a good manager in there somewhere, but it wasn't coming to light at Ashton Gate. My only issue is that I really can't see anyone who's a stand out candidate to come in

Out of interest, as 3 of the 4 goals yesterday were keeper error, had we lost 1-0 do people think McInnes would have gone? Appears to be a poor performance (wasn't there) but if we'd lost by the odd goal to one of the best teams in the league would the board have felt compelled to get rid?

All sizzle and NO substance...........Mcinnes talked his way in and was certainly full of himself.........unfortunately it was all signposts with no destination. He has managed to waste this season in our clubs history...............has returned North of the Border with pockets full of cash...and will probably walk straight into a job with a team in the Scottish Leagues. WHAT is there to thank????

Gutted for delboy.

Buy having said that, things got progressively worse to the point where his position became untenable yesterday, regardless of new transfers.

The one thing that confuses me is when people speak of his charisma - I just never saw it. Nice guy, yes, but charisma, no.

He seemed to be making less and less sense with each interview as well, and when I listened to his post match yesterday, I finally had had enough too. Harping on about the positives of the second half...in what haas been a shambles. Was just a dead man walking. Was his last chance to show some real passion and anger, to apologize to the fans and give us some assurances but he blew it.

Good luck, hope you learn.

sad for del-as with keith millen,both nice guys who i have no doubt wanted the very best for city,but sadly couldent hack it...agree with what you say about dels post match comments- for the most part of his tenure came over as media-savvy and got himself over well,but recently has clearly struggled with what to say and how to say it!..sure,he will be hurt by this but will bounce back im sure..all the best for the future,del...long live the king!!

Archived