IGNORED

Players Getting Away With It..... Again?

Club and Country

Look I understand Mcinnes had well and truly lost his way and selections/ formations etc

BUT I for one have possibly more anger with these players than anyone else

Regardless of formations etc. there is no excuse for the complete lack off effort and pride being shown by 90% off our squad

For me, most off our squad should be out the door today, especially Fontaine and Elliot who have seen off there fair share of managers now.,,,

I think he'll go on to be a great manager and we'll look back and say we made a mistake letting him go. The only sure thing in football is if you believe and stick by a manager success always comes even if it takes 5 years and yo-yo ing.

To go on and become a "Great" Manager as you put it he'll have to make a hell of a lot of changes in his Managerial style. Not saying he can't do it but it just didn't work out with us and his inexperience of managing at this level was ruthlessly exposed by other Managers.

Remember is the first half yesterday when foster was about 10 yards from the ball and thier left back was 25yards away and got to the ball before foster on the edge of the box? There's the difference in passion and wanting to play for your club. If they can't be bothered to put the effort in get out of our club.

Look I understand Mcinnes had well and truly lost his way and selections/ formations etc

BUT I for one have possibly more anger with these players than anyone else

Regardless of formations etc. there is no excuse for the complete lack off effort and pride being shown by 90% off our squad

For me, most off our squad should be out the door today, especially Fontaine and Elliot who have seen off there fair share of managers now.,,,

Totally agree. I can name a lot more players other than the 2 you mention.

Remember is the first half yesterday when foster was about 10 yards from the ball and thier left back was 25yards away and got to the ball before foster on the edge of the box? There's the difference in passion and wanting to play for your club. If they can't be bothered to put the effort in get out of our club.

I noticed that too. My mate said how did he (the Leicester player) get that? My answer 'because he wanted it more'. Happened all over the pitch yesterday.

Individually most of City's players are decent enough at Championship level. What the team lacked under McInnes was organization and a settled way of playing. He also confused and dare I say it pissed players off by leaving them out after they've played well.

Words like 'motivation and guidance' are bandied about by many but its up to the manager to cultivate to promote both and from what we've seen on the pitch McInnes failed to do that.

Saw a good tweet earlier, something along the lines of...

You walk into a meeting with your manager at work and they say:

"You've under performed, you put no effort it in, so I'll be off then"

Think that applies here

Absolutely this.

Behave!

Its the job of a manager to get the best out of the players.

Its clear that Del lacked credibility!

Do you think they'd get away with that under COLIN or Di Canio?

Absolutely not this. Del's tactics/formations were becoming odder by the game and the results meant he had to go, but the responsibility for putting effort in belongs to the players and the players only. Who else goes to work and says "I won't bother trying unless my boss is super duper inspirational and I really like them"? Their employer is BCFC, not D McInnes, and they've a responsibility (particularly given the amounts they're paid) to maximise their effort for the cause whoever the manager is. We've an ongoing culture of the players picking the manager and it needs to change.

the same core group of players have been getting away with this since Gary johnsons days. No effort until the management changes, a small upturn in effort, a new contract and bigger wages and then out with the manager and wash rinse and repeat. I wish we could get rid of at least 11 players from this squad. The barrel of apples is rotten and the same worms keep making history repeat.

I believe, as a rule, players need to be moved on after 3 or 4 years as not many seem to retain their hunger and motivation.

Yes there are always exceptions to this, (Ryan Giggs, Steve Gerrard, John Terry etc).

Players (Especially at this club) get too comfortable, earn a generous living, and aren't really expected to perform out of their skin for what they get. There isn't fierce competition for their place in the side and as long as they put some effort in during training, they get the game on the Saturday. Part of the problem had been our failure to produce decent home grown players who are snapping at the heels of the established players.

The one theme which is apparent on every thread on this forum is that just about everyone agrees the next incumbent should insert his big toe up a few arses and scare the living daylights out of under performing players. The nicey nicey approach clearly hasn't worked.

What it comes down to is a good manager with experience will pick out the very types of players we're all talking about and suss them out fast. Millen was obviously "involved" with many of the players and probably had a bit of friendship with them too which got in the way, McInnes was a nice guy and they took advantage of him the second he walked in the door and I wouldn't be surprised if Coppell sussed them out in his short time and realised he couldn't wean them all out with the boards backing.

I think a good manager would come in and within a month or two would suss out all of the players and know the full depth of the issue, then it's down to the board to back him financially to get rid of them all and rebuild but that requires a very confident and experienced manager, or a right b*****d who is willing to be hated. The board need to realise that no player, no matter name, status, length of time with a club etc is bigger than the club itself and if you bring in someone like Coppell, SOD, Warnock etc then you need to back them in any big changes they want to make. They want to sell Carey, Fontaine, Skuse, Elliot etc.... well thanks for your time here lads but it's time to move on. That's the problem in my eyes, the players know the fans are p***ed off with them and they know that managers haven't been strong enough to tell them "sorry but you've got to go" so we're stuck in a position where the players have lost interest but are not willing to give up their cushy job and have become complacent and used to doing as little as possible for a nice hefty pay check.

Now is the time to get rid of the lazy sods who have lost interest by bringing in someone with the name and experience to stand up to them. Then they have a choice, get up, get on with it and start earning the pay check or get the hell on to another club because the free ride is over. For me this is Warnock, SOD or someone in the mould of Holloway, someone who will demand the best out of the players and if they don't provide then he'll tell it as it is.

I've been banging this particular drum for years for good reason.

The common denominator is influential players who have been around for some time and the next manager will go the same way if he keeps them here.

And jobs for the boys - thats the worst thing that this club could do. Thank them, pay 'em off and kiss 'em goodbye.

Which players?

Only 3, Carey, Skuse and Fontaine. have been at City under Johnson, Millen and McInnes. All the remaining squad are relatively new to the club.

Why doe's this club continue with its jobs for the boys attitude ??? Needs a ruthless clean sweep words and jam tomorrow have been exhausted money for old rope piss taking Jody Morris done nothing since the day he got here.....

Apart from the 2 youngsters and Kelly yesterday not 1 player was fit to be representing BCFC couldn't give a damn which one gets fired out the door.

If anybody honestly believes Derek McInnes is not primarily responsible for the manner (competence, drive, determination, passion, defending, ball-retention, attacking - the bloody lot) of our performances this season then they should really ask themselves why we need to pay a generous salary at all to the guy who picks the team.

As J Lansdown was saying on Friday - managers are not experts at player recruitment - or if some of them are they have not been for us - so what else is there?

If a large number of players repeatedly under-perform the team will be beaten by other teams where large numbers of players perform to their ability or over-perform. We do not (by some measure) underpay for players and we do not (as a rule) recruit players who have not demonstrated ability at other clubs. I refuse to believe any of them enjoy afternoons like yesterday OR that they expected any other result or crowd reaction to it.

Am I really the only one on this forum who has experienced a deterioration in my own performance at what I get paid for which I can only explain by reference to the failures of the organisation I work for. Belief that your own efforts are relevant to the outcome are vital in every walk of life - when your subconscious tells you that the same unpalatable outcome will occur regardless of your own effort, passion and talent it is almost inevitable that your own effort, passion and talent will dessert you. Every successful manager knows this and will have developed effective skills to deal with it. Derek McInnes has demonstrated no such skills and unless he does he will not go on to have a successful career.

The players, on the other hand, will feel in the coming days that a burden has been lifted, will feel better about themselves and will for a short while perform better. Whether that is enough to change results and whether the improvement is sustainable will depend on how much more talented DM's replacement is - and he will need to be quite a lot better!

Absolutely this.

Absolutely not this. Del's tactics/formations were becoming odder by the game and the results meant he had to go, but the responsibility for putting effort in belongs to the players and the players only. Who else goes to work and says "I won't bother trying unless my boss is super duper inspirational and I really like them"? Their employer is BCFC, not D McInnes, and they've a responsibility (particularly given the amounts they're paid) to maximise their effort for the cause whoever the manager is. We've an ongoing culture of the players picking the manager and it needs to change.

i do wonder where the personal pride is with some players-its nothing to do with earning good money to play football,i just dont get that to run out on a matchday and not want to give it everything- should be a "given"..i guess some of em have just had it too easy and have lost perspective.

I've been banging this particular drum for years for good reason.

The common denominator is influential players who have been around for some time and the next manager will go the same way if he keeps them here.

Absolutely. There's a hardcore of players here who've seen off 3 managers now (I'm not counting Coppell as he was barely here long enough to learn everybody's names) in the space of just under 3 years.

All fine and dandy at the start, when it's a new face and they're doing their best to impress, and the results on the pitch are good. The problem comes later down the line, when they decide they don't like the manager, and things go downhill rapidly.

this is spot on my friend!!!! i was amazed at this also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timbo7 ... it's called 'professional pride'.

I worked for an organisation that I thought had many fundamentals wrong. However, I was responsible for myself and a team (larger than 11 footballers) delivering front-line services in a very hostile environment. I would compare my role (and often did) to a football captain. Indeed, I often referred to people as football team players by reference to positions - keeper with safe pair of hands, midfield grafters, magical winger,attacking finisher et al.

As captain I led by example, and motivated the team. We delivered high quality services and were successful.

Compare and contrast to our current bunch of wasters and the lack of any leadership on the pitch.

Archived