IGNORED

Really?

Danny P

I've just read some of the comments on the bbc website under the story of Derek's sacking, one person said 'without SL this club would be dead'. Fair shout he got us to the championship but does anybody really believe the club would be dead without him? I think it's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard!

I've just read some of the comments on the bbc website under the story of Derek's sacking, one person said 'without SL this club would be dead'. Fair shout he got us to the championship but does anybody really believe the club would be dead without him? I think it's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard!

Its not ridiculous at all. Without Steve Lansdown financial support City have continued to struggle as the club have over almost its entire history and very likely have gone to the wall. The club is not as successful as his money should have made it simply because of the various managers that have been appointed have all failed to take us into the PL. Johnson got close but ultimately City didn't make it. No-one else has got close.

City have the lowest ticket prices in the Championship, one of the lowest attendances but one of the most expectant fanbases. The money has got to come from somewhere and it ain't coming from us.

Youre missing my point completely. How does anyone know for sure we would be dead, we've survived without him before and surely would have continued to survive without the colossal debts that he has built up with many many costly mistakes.

People seem to forget that the league one days were really not that bad. The club was alive and had a real sense of unity back then, we won games 5-0, took over 2,000 away on a regular basis, even had derby games before the sags became shite. Happy times for me and a lot if others I've spoken to.

Apart from the first season in the championship how many other seasons can we say we've been that happy with the way things have gone down the gate?

Archived