IGNORED

Cheap Option Managers For The Board To Sign.....

Mr Mosquito

Well, Tinman was a cheap option, Millen was a cheap option, and McInnes was a cheap option appointment. No offence to them - especially Tinman as he was a legend - but why has this club got a recent history of not appointing a calibre proven manager at Championship level? OK, Steve Coppell could have hit it off here but he seemed to be in a hurry to leave almost as soon as he was appointed.

I just get the idea that we'll be seeing a cheap option appointment again that'll see us relegated and cemented in Div 1 for the best part of a decade again. 20 games left, we don't need another cheap option manager if we're going to have any chance of staying up. Dalgleish and Warnock are the two I'd be chasing down to manage this club. Or else it's a cheap option manager again - but who?

Well, Tinman was a cheap option, Millen was a cheap option, and McInnes was a cheap option appointment. No offence to them - especially Tinman as he was a legend - but why has this club got a recent history of not appointing a calibre proven manager at Championship level? OK, Steve Coppell could have hit it off here but he seemed to be in a hurry to leave almost as soon as he was appointed.

I just get the idea that we'll be seeing a cheap option appointment again that'll see us relegated and cemented in Div 1 for the best part of a decade again. 20 games left, we don't need another cheap option manager if we're going to have any chance of staying up. Dalgleish and Warnock are the two I'd be chasing down to manage this club. Or else it's a cheap option manager again - but who?

But would a manager with a wealth of experience join a club with a board like this???

Dalglish?

Are you absolutely off your rocker? Or am i missing the point and there's someone else out there with that surname?

That is singularly the most insane thing i have ever read on here.

Blackburn Rovers signed Kenny Dalglish in 1991, whom he led from the old Div 2 to win the Premiership title in 1995. My point is that if Steve Lansdown and Co want some real success and kudos then sign a capable manager. I wrote that we should sign Neil Warnock when Coppell walked out but I got shot down in flames for suggesting that as well. Simple really, sign a top calibre manager and give him a decent budjet or remain an also ran football club as we currently are.

Blackburn Rovers signed Kenny Dalglish in 1991, whom he led from the old Div 2 to win the Premiership title in 1995. My point is that if Steve Lansdown and Co want some real success and kudos then sign a capable manager. I wrote that we should sign Neil Warnock when Coppell walked out but I got shot down in flames for suggesting that as well. Simple really, sign a top calibre manager and give him a decent budjet or remain an also ran football club as we currently are.

No. Your point was sign Warnock - fair enough.

Or Dalglish = off your rocker.

If you can find me a more ridiculous post today then I'll apologise.

Dalglish?

Are you absolutely off your rocker? Or am i missing the point and there's someone else out there with that surname?

That is singularly the most insane thing i have ever read on here.

Have you not read his posts before, then?

I'm only surprised he didn't suggest Joe Stalin or Oliver Cromwell, put him on ignore.

No. Your point was sign Warnock - fair enough.

Or Dalglish = off your rocker.

If you can find me a more ridiculous post today then I'll apologise.

Why not Kenny Dalglish? Can you explain your reasoning? He's certainly worth approaching for the job of manager even if he only agrees to a 20 game tenure so as to help keep us in this division.

This cheap option thing is a nonsense. The board have never appointed a manager because he was cheaper, it makes no sense since the manager costs a fraction of the football budget and have so large an effect.

A decent manager can make a football club and a poor manager can break a football club. Too many poor managers over the years have seen us out of the FA Challenge Cup in round 3 in 6 successive years, we've also struggled for the past 3 seasons in the second tier of English football. Clubs in this division that genuinely want to progress and want Premiership football appoint capable managers - it's as simple as that.

A decent manager can make a football club and a poor manager can break a football club. Too many poor managers over the years have seen us out of the FA Challenge Cup in round 3 in 6 successive years, we've also struggled for the past 3 seasons in the second tier of English football. Clubs in this division that genuinely want to progress and want Premiership football appoint capable managers - it's as simple as that.

So you agree that the idea that the board go for cheap managers is nonsense then?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11713/8394767/David-Flitcroft-named-Barnsley-manager Flitcroft appointed Barnsley manager - that's definitely the cheap option for them. Although, it could be said they had no other option. Two of their targets turned them down and they have someone who's won 2/3.

They're making the same mistake we did when appointing Millen. Not done necessarily because he's cheap but out of a kind of misplaced loyalty

So you agree that the idea that the board go for cheap managers is nonsense then?

Well, oppointing cheap option unproven managers seems to have cost this club far more in lost FA Cup gate receipts and lost season ticket sales than if they'd signed a top proven manager to start with.

Well, oppointing cheap option unproven managers seems to have cost this club far more in lost FA Cup gate receipts and lost season ticket sales than if they'd signed a top proven manager to start with.

They have never appointed a manager because he was a cheap option. Oh and Coppell? You don't have pick some weird points to make sometimes.

Why not Kenny Dalglish? Can you explain your reasoning? He's certainly worth approaching for the job of manager even if he only agrees to a 20 game tenure so as to help keep us in this division.

Kenny Dalglish would be great, would raise the profile, but I think he's just been appointed club ambassador by Liverpool so wouldn't be available.

Kenny Dalglish would be great, would raise the profile, but I think he's just been appointed club ambassador by Liverpool so wouldn't be available.

Oh well, I didn't know that, Kenny Dalglish would have put a few thousand on our attendances and would have got the media buzzing around Ashton Gate. We still haven't appointed a manager as great as Harry Thickett in the 100 or so years since he left. Back to being a provincial backwater club I suppose.

im hoping-probably against hope,that the board have learnt from the glaringly obvious previos mistake and will this time around go for tried n tested at this level-surely they see that the "cheap option"doesnt always work out so cheap in the end?.speculate to accumulate.

im hoping-probably against hope,that the board have learnt from the glaringly obvious previos mistake and will this time around go for tried n tested at this level-surely they see that the "cheap option"doesnt always work out so cheap in the end?.speculate to accumulate.

In my lifetime I've seen Brian Clough win the top flight at Derby then he went on to take over Div 2 Nottingham Forest and bring them promotion and top flight glory. Kenny Dalglish won the top flight for Liverpool then he took over at Div 2 Blackburn and won them promotion and a top flight title. The managerial talent is available at a price to really get this club moving up the league. From when we were in Div 1 - 12 years ago - we've seen Wigan, Stoke and Reading leave that third tier of English football to now be playing in the Premiership - it can be done.

What's that noise I hear?

........... Oh it's the sags laughing on their board at suggestions from our fans that we go for Dalglish. :facepalm:

Some people need to get a grip. We have a good laugh at the saddos north of the river when they come up with some of their regular deluded suggestions, but this one is right up there with them I reckon.

Don't give them the opportunity to brighten their sad lives at our expense folks!!!

What's that noise I hear?

........... Oh it's the sags laughing on their board at suggestions from our fans that we go for Dalglish. :facepalm:

Some people need to get a grip. We have a good laugh at the saddos north of the river when they come up with some of their regular deluded suggestions, but this one is right up there with them I reckon.

Don't give them the opportunity to brighten their sad lives at our expense folks!!!

Ahhh, but the Gas have never been a top flight club in their entire history - we have. The Gas don't know what it feels like to see their club in the top flight of English football and playing the best in the land week in, week out. Let the Gas aspire to nothing as they have for the past 120 odd years.

Archived