IGNORED

Why Would You Boycott If Manager X, Y Or Z Is Appointed?

Harry

I've read on here today a number of comments from so called 'fans' stating that if XXXXXX is appointed I WILL NOT ATTEND ASHTON GATE until he leaves.

I'm fascinated by this. As much as I appreciate that some people may have a dislike to some of the names in the frame, surely supporting your football team is about being there through thick and thin, regardless of who is in charge.

Here are some examples of things I've read today :

Di Canio - Not going to AG if that Nazi scum is in charge.

Warnock - Not going to AG if that horrible **** is in charge.

Hoddle - Not going to AG if that prejudiced tool is in charge.

Cotterill - Not going to AG if that horrible **** in is charge.

Davies - Not going to AG if that hideous **** is in charge.

Ince - Not going to AG if that clueless idiot is in charge.

Levein - Not going to AG if that useless nobber is in charge.

This has all been said, I kid you not!! It seems there are a number of so called fans who are not prepared to back their club and I am genuinely fascinated as to why this would be? Surely any Manager coming in will only be passing through the club, just like any player, so why would you withdraw your support for your team based on pre-conceived perceptions of a person, rather than giving them a fair crack of the whip?

For me, whoever is appointed, I will give them a fair chance and will back them. I will judge them based on how I believe they are performing for MY club, not anything that has gone before or what odd character traits or beliefs they hold.

I'm genuinely interested to hear from you people who would boycott the ground if a certain person took charge, and why you would do this?

I've read on here today a number of comments from so called 'fans' stating that if XXXXXX is appointed I WILL NOT ATTEND ASHTON GATE until he leaves.

I'm fascinated by this. As much as I appreciate that some people may have a dislike to some of the names in the frame, surely supporting your football team is about being there through thick and thin, regardless of who is in charge.

Here are some examples of things I've read today :

Di Canio - Not going to AG if that Nazi scum is in charge.

Warnock - Not going to AG if that horrible **** is in charge.

Hoddle - Not going to AG if that prejudiced tool is in charge.

Cotterill - Not going to AG if that horrible **** in is charge.

Davies - Not going to AG if that hideous **** is in charge.

Ince - Not going to AG if that clueless idiot is in charge.

Levein - Not going to AG if that useless nobber is in charge.

This has all been said, I kid you not!! It seems there are a number of so called fans who are not prepared to back their club and I am genuinely fascinated as to why this would be? Surely any Manager coming in will only be passing through the club, just like any player, so why would you withdraw your support for your team based on pre-conceived perceptions of a person, rather than giving them a fair crack of the whip?

For me, whoever is appointed, I will give them a fair chance and will back them. I will judge them based on how I believe they are performing for MY club, not anything that has gone before or what odd character traits or beliefs they hold.

I'm genuinely interested to hear from you people who would boycott the ground if a certain person took charge, and why you would do this?

Great post Harry.

I personally would be very upset if we got Robins or Cotterill in. But I would NEVER boycott the club or any games. That's embarrassing. Plus, how could anyone even considering doing such a thing before even giving the new man a chance?

It would be lunacy to just write someone off before we have gave them a fair crack at it. Plus we all need to get behind the new man, whoever it is. Spiraling debts and a stint in league one is something all of us should be doing all we can do to avoid.

Well said. I genuinely believe that one of the factors that holds our club back, sometimes, is us fans.

The attitude around the Gate is trecherous at times. Moaning every mis-placed pass, heavy touch or overhit cross. It filters through to the players no doubt.

There are too many moan-mongerers around. And the forum is no different.

We are in the sticky stuff now. What we need is togetherness. Look at Stoke for an example of what fans can do.

Whoever takes over needs our wholehearted, unpredudiced backing.

I would not want Cotts, but I would probably go, but if his hoofball became too much to bear, I would stop

I have started to see slow improvement from the board. I will probably stay away for the rest of the season, but if the improvements off the pitch carry momentum, I may go back.

People's personal views, I wouldn't take offence!!

Nah, I'm not offended by it fella (I'm not very easily offended), and appreciate it's personal opinion. Just baffles me as to why they would cease following their team due to an outsider? BCFC is not determined by the players and managers passing through, BCFC is US - THE FANS. WE ARE THE CLUB.

I would never stop supporting MY CLUB just because someone I disliked was either playing for or managing us. I just don't understand the mentality and was hoping for some insight into this from those who hold these opinions?

To be honest I'm not sure too many fans would actually boycott AG if the wrong appointment was made - after all, we have all had reason to stay away with some of the rubbish played this season but we've still turned up. How many stayed away under the Osman and Pulis reigns? I remember plenty of crap performances under Osman but never dreamt of staying away.

As fans we know what we like and what we don't, we demand effort and a certain way of playing, and that needs to manifest itself in the manager that gets appointed.

Well said. I genuinely believe that one of the factors that holds our club back, sometimes, is us fans.

The attitude around the Gate is trecherous at times. Moaning every mis-placed pass, heavy touch or overhit cross. It filters through to the players no doubt.

There are too many moan-mongerers around. And the forum is no different.

We are in the sticky stuff now. What we need is togetherness. Look at Stoke for an example of what fans can do.

Whoever takes over needs our wholehearted, unpredudiced backing.

i totally agree monkeygoblin, i of course have preferences and there are a few i would not be happy with but i am a supporter of BCFC and will back whoever is in charge. even if one of the few i wouldn't be happy with gets the job.

Nah, I'm not offended by it fella (I'm not very easily offended), and appreciate it's personal opinion. Just baffles me as to why they would cease following their team due to an outsider? BCFC is not determined by the players and managers passing through, BCFC is US - THE FANS. WE ARE THE CLUB.

I would never stop supporting MY CLUB just because someone I disliked was either playing for or managing us. I just don't understand the mentality and was hoping for some insight into this from those who hold these opinions?

I think it's more the view that the club never takes the fans views whose club it is into any consideration therefore making them feeling separated from it, I kind of understand where many people are coming from, a total feel of hopelessness at times

Tis time for all of us to pull together, whoever is appointed it will be a hard job, if not impossible to sustain our present championship status, we need to stand off and let the powers that be make the appointment, and we as fans need to back him or her at least to the end of the season no matter what results befal us, we have all beeen here before, and no doubt will be there again, enjoy the ride and keep smiling ( the "her" bit was meant to make you think........) :ill: any suggestions ?

Warnock for me. The guy has made a career sending out teams that kick, punch, elbow and essentially cheat their way to any success they have. I wouldn't want my money backing that sort of approach, so my support would go into hibernation. If the only way we can get success is to play like a Warnock team I'd rather find something else to do with my Saturdays. I'd still want the team to do well, and I'd probably still watch them if they were on TV but I wouldn't put any money into the club.

When I buy shares I don't buy tobacco companies, and it's for a similar reason: I'd rather not support those companies and I'd rather not profit from the damage their products cause.

Not trying to convert anyone else to my point of view - it's just where I personally draw the line.

I think it's more the view that the club never takes the fans views whose club it is into any consideration therefore making them feeling separated from it, I kind of understand where many people are coming from, a total feel of hopelessness at times

But that's the way it's always been fella. Fans don't hold power of appointment within their own football clubs. We don't decide who sits on the board, who the board appoints or who the manager signs. We turn up and support, and only then, if we don't like what we see can we refrain from attending or voice our discontent. I don't understand the philosophy of some to write people off before giving them a chance.

Warnock for me. The guy has made a career sending out teams that kick, punch, elbow and essentially cheat their way to any success they have. I wouldn't want my money backing that sort of approach, so my support would go into hibernation. If the only way we can get success is to play like a Warnock team I'd rather find something else to do with my Saturdays. I'd still want the team to do well, and I'd probably still watch them if they were on TV but I wouldn't put any money into the club.

When I buy shares I don't buy tobacco companies, and it's for a similar reason: I'd rather not support those companies and I'd rather not profit from the damage their products cause.

Not trying to convert anyone else to my point of view - it's just where I personally draw the line.

Ime dazed and confused, gonna have a fag and a think, will be straight back.... :ill:

Would you reconsider your position if Warnob ended up being an astounding success and took us to a play-off final, on the verge of the Prem? In such a hypothetical situation, would your morals stand up, or would your love for your club re-establish itself and you'd head on up to Wembley with the other 38,000 of us?

Just curious?

I'm struggling to think of anyone whose appointment would make me boycott Ashton Gate.

George Osbourne? Martin McGuinness? Abu Hamza? The Indian Bus rapists??

Seriously, I don't think there is anyone in football that could turn off my support - even Holloway, who would actually do a bloody good job.

I would find it very difficult - maybe impossible - to show support for

Di Canio (with his facist views) at Ag but even worse would be Hoddle

with his unpleasant, obnoxious views on the disabled,

No problem with anyone else

However it won't be a problem as neither of those two will be either considered

by the Lansdowns or will any interest will be shown in BCFC those two scumbags, thankfully.

Would you reconsider your position if Warnob ended up being an astounding success and took us to a play-off final, on the verge of the Prem? In such a hypothetical situation, would your morals stand up, or would your love for your club re-establish itself and you'd head on up to Wembley with the other £38,000 of us?

Just curious?

Interesting question, and quite difficult to answer unless it actually happened.

But I'm quite stubborn, so it's possible I'd stick to my guns - unless Colin had reformed and we'd got there playing thug-free football.

We always lose playoff finals anyway.

But that's the way it's always been fella. Fans don't hold power of appointment within their own football clubs. We don't decide who sits on the board, who the board appoints or who the manager signs. We turn up and support, and only then, if we don't like what we see can we refrain from attending or voice our discontent. I don't understand the philosophy of some to write people off before giving them a chance.

Football fans are a funny breed, people love a good moan and football is made for moaning. Inlets you support Man U of course :)

Used to be. Moaner in the Dol now

Dont knock it TRL, you attend, you have every right to have a moan, we all did, hence this thread, now we all need a possitive reaction from our glorious leaders, whoever they are, to be honest i find it quite exiting, trying to miss the abysse by the odd point, tis almost better than going for promotion in a wierd way, but that's me i guess,....enjoy

Archived