IGNORED

Why Would You Boycott If Manager X, Y Or Z Is Appointed?

Harry

Interesting question, and quite difficult to answer unless it actually happened.

But I'm quite stubborn, so it's possible I'd stick to my guns - unless Colin had reformed and we'd got there playing thug-free football.

We always lose playoff finals anyway.

Ha ha, true.

Fair play fella - strong morals.

Not bothered whos "in charge" certainly wouldnt boycott for ANY reason, whatever division; will get there when I can, as I`ve always done.

Completely minus skint atm so will be a while before the next visit though :(

Well said. I genuinely believe that one of the factors that holds our club back, sometimes, is us fans.

The attitude around the Gate is trecherous at times. Moaning every mis-placed pass, heavy touch or overhit cross. It filters through to the players no doubt.

There are too many moan-mongerers around. And the forum is no different.

We are in the sticky stuff now. What we need is togetherness. Look at Stoke for an example of what fans can do.

Whoever takes over needs our wholehearted, unpredudiced backing.

Good post.

I've said this for ages.

Many of the "supporters" at Ashton Gate and on here have got what they deserve.

Essentially it's an identity thing. Seeing Bristol City Football Club managed by a scumbag like Colin or a gas ***** like Holloway would change it from "we" to "they" for me. I despise those people, how could I support them?

Negativity breeds negativity, try a whole new approach, change yer avatar and be nice to people, who knows ? he he he

Well said. I genuinely believe that one of the factors that holds our club back, sometimes, is us fans.

The attitude around the Gate is trecherous at times. Moaning every mis-placed pass, heavy touch or overhit cross. It filters through to the players no doubt.

There are too many moan-mongerers around. And the forum is no different.

We are in the sticky stuff now. What we need is togetherness. Look at Stoke for an example of what fans can do.

Whoever takes over needs our wholehearted, unpredudiced backing.

You don't talk to many fans of other clubs or go on their forums, I take it?

City fans are like other fans in my experience; the same proportion are negative, over critical or plain clueless, as you'll find anywhere.

And as for Stoke - the Oatcake can be a pretty poisonous forum at times - it makes OTIB look like the Church Times. Try googling to see the sort of comments that greeted the second appointment of Tony Pulis there!

I've read on here today a number of comments from so called 'fans' stating that if XXXXXX is appointed I WILL NOT ATTEND ASHTON GATE until he leaves.

I'm fascinated by this. As much as I appreciate that some people may have a dislike to some of the names in the frame, surely supporting your football team is about being there through thick and thin, regardless of who is in charge.

Here are some examples of things I've read today :

Di Canio - Not going to AG if that Nazi scum is in charge.

Warnock - Not going to AG if that horrible **** is in charge.

Hoddle - Not going to AG if that prejudiced tool is in charge.

Cotterill - Not going to AG if that horrible **** in is charge.

Davies - Not going to AG if that hideous **** is in charge.

Ince - Not going to AG if that clueless idiot is in charge.

Levein - Not going to AG if that useless nobber is in charge.

This has all been said, I kid you not!! It seems there are a number of so called fans who are not prepared to back their club and I am genuinely fascinated as to why this would be? Surely any Manager coming in will only be passing through the club, just like any player, so why would you withdraw your support for your team based on pre-conceived perceptions of a person, rather than giving them a fair crack of the whip?

For me, whoever is appointed, I will give them a fair chance and will back them. I will judge them based on how I believe they are performing for MY club, not anything that has gone before or what odd character traits or beliefs they hold.

I'm genuinely interested to hear from you people who would boycott the ground if a certain person took charge, and why you would do this?

Good post.

I would still go regardless of who is in charge.

Seems a bit silly not to support your team just cos you dont like/rate the manager. I lost the love & faith in Mcinnes weeks ago but still been to every home game (POTD) thus far plsu a couple of away days.

I dont like Steve Cotterill in fact i think he's arrogant nasty **** but fully believe it's a arrogant nasty **** we need right now. It's horses for courses.

Following on from Monkeygoblins excellent post many on here not wanting Cotterill also tells me even more so hes the right man for this job.

Out of interest who do you want Harry???

I would find it very difficult - maybe impossible - to show support for

Di Canio (with his facist views) at Ag but even worse would be Hoddle

with his unpleasant, obnoxious views on the disabled,

No problem with anyone else

This sums it up perfectly for me.

However Pulis' spell in charge coincided with me living away from Bristol for the only two years that it has happened and I still travelled down from Worcester for every single home match.

So if I'd watch us whilst we were managed by a Welsh, gas, long ball loving scumbag it's unlikely I'm going to boycott, is it?

Out of interest who do you want Harry???

D'ya know what? I'm gonna sit myself firmly on a comfortable fence of my choosing.

I was a big advocate of Del and ultimately I was proven to be wrong, so what the hell do I know!!!

What I do know for sure is, whoever it is, I will be down there supporting MY club. As should everyone else.

D'ya know what? I'm gonna sit myself firmly on a comfortable fence of my choosing.

I was a big advocate of Del and ultimately I was proven to be wrong, so what the hell do I know!!!

What I do know for sure is, whoever it is, I will be down there supporting MY club. As should everyone else.

Snap, couldnt give a toss at the mo, gotta let the dust settle then look at it in the cold light of day, in the meantime we need some strong leadership from within the club before the new man/woman is in place, lets just relax n seee what happens, untill then we can only dream (if thats the right word) btw, del was and still is the right man but hey !!

• SC&T Board Members

I think principles have to come into it at some point and personally I would be unable to support a Nazi-saluting fascist... whether I could find some way to support the team in spite of having such a manager, if that ever happened, I don't know. Hopefully it never will.

I think principles have to come into it at some point and personally I would be unable to support a Nazi-saluting fascist... whether I could find some way to support the team in spite of having such a manager, if that ever happened, I don't know. Hopefully it never will.

That's a no then ?

Negativity breeds negativity, try a whole new approach, change yer avatar and be nice to people, who knows ? he he he

What negativity are you talking about? It was an interesting question that was posed. There are a certain small number of people I never want to have anything to do with our club. There's nothing negative about that.

I've read on here today a number of comments from so called 'fans' stating that if XXXXXX is appointed I WILL NOT ATTEND ASHTON GATE until he leaves.

I'm fascinated by this. As much as I appreciate that some people may have a dislike to some of the names in the frame, surely supporting your football team is about being there through thick and thin, regardless of who is in charge.

Here are some examples of things I've read today :

Di Canio - Not going to AG if that Nazi scum is in charge.

Warnock - Not going to AG if that horrible **** is in charge.

Hoddle - Not going to AG if that prejudiced tool is in charge.

Cotterill - Not going to AG if that horrible **** in is charge.

Davies - Not going to AG if that hideous **** is in charge.

Ince - Not going to AG if that clueless idiot is in charge.

Levein - Not going to AG if that useless nobber is in charge.

This has all been said, I kid you not!! It seems there are a number of so called fans who are not prepared to back their club and I am genuinely fascinated as to why this would be? Surely any Manager coming in will only be passing through the club, just like any player, so why would you withdraw your support for your team based on pre-conceived perceptions of a person, rather than giving them a fair crack of the whip?

For me, whoever is appointed, I will give them a fair chance and will back them. I will judge them based on how I believe they are performing for MY club, not anything that has gone before or what odd character traits or beliefs they hold.

I'm genuinely interested to hear from you people who would boycott the ground if a certain person took charge, and why you would do this?

FFS Harry stop being rational.

Archived