IGNORED

R.i.p Ian Cottle

Rich

Ian's brother Dave has asked me to inform people of the sad loss of Ian Cottle. This happened sometime during saturday night/ Sunday morning, obviously this is devastating news to him and his family.

Ian was so dedicated to his brother and the club, taking Dave to every single match home and away. He was awarded supporter of the year in about 2006/2007 but deserved it every year.

Ian sat behind me and we formed a great freindship, discussing all the usual topics. It won't be the same without him.

Our thoughts are with Dave and the family.

Goodbye mate.

That is very sad news. I had many conversations recently about the disabled facilities at Ashton Gate with Ian. Thanks to his determination we will be seeing a much improved viewing area next season. So sad he will not be there to see it. Deepest condolences from all at City to David and the rest of the family.

This is very upsetting news. Sincere condolences to Dave and Ian's family, friends and work colleagues.

I used to work with Dave and spent 3-4 years in the early 90's going to away games with him. I remember when Ian first started going away with us. I think it was the fa-cup replay game with Liverpool. Since then I think he's been an ever present fixture home and away.

I lost touch with Dave and Ian over the years, but for the last four seasons I've sat close to Ian in the Dolman and chatted to him before most home games. I didn't speak to him Saturday because he was already deep in conversation with a fellow red when I went up towards my seat, and of course there's always next time...

Ian was a great city fan, and a big sports fan, and a lovely bloke (gentle giant). For him to be taken at such an early age is just horrible.

Ian, it was a privilege and pleasure to have known you,

RIP mate.

Archived