IGNORED

R.i.p Ian Cottle

Rich

Firstly, I would like to thank Rich for starting this topic for me, and thank everyone who has taken the time to post comments of support, they are appreciated by all his family.

Ian was my brother and I am going to miss him greatly.

On Saturday he attended his 939th consecutive Bristol City fixture, a record he was very proud of and for the last 7 years he had taken me to a large number of football matches in my wheelchair, note this would include every appearance by Louis Carey.

Our Football Club is lucky to have supporters prepared to demonstrate that level of loyalty and commitment.

So Saturday a new era begins with our new manager and an empty seat in the stands.

Thank You again for your kind wishes.

Up the City

David Cottle

Firstly, I would like to thank Rich for starting this topic for me, and thank everyone who has taken the time to post comments of support, they are appreciated by all his family.

Ian was my brother and I am going to miss him greatly.

On Saturday he attended his 939th consecutive Bristol City fixture, a record he was very proud of and for the last 7 years he had taken me to a large number of football matches in my wheelchair, note this would include every appearance by Louis Carey.

Our Football Club is lucky to have supporters prepared to demonstrate that level of loyalty and commitment.

So Saturday a new era begins with our new manager and an empty seat in the stands.

Thank You again for your kind wishes.

Up the City

David Cottle

Hi Dave, sorry to hear of your loss, puts our clubs struggle into perspective

939 - how many seasons is that? Fantastic record

There may be an empty seat at AG, but I'm sure Ian will have a special seat reserved wherever he watches from in the future

All the best to you and yours fellow Red

Ady

I was so sorry to hear this news about Ian, I often chatted to him at the end of the game down by the Dolman exit, the last time being Saturday. He seemed so well and I am stunned by this news. My sincere condolences go out to Dave and his family. Ian was all that is good about following Bristol City and his enthusiasm to follow the club was second to none- I will miss him greatly- from Adrian Matthews (Trowbridge)

Hi, once again Thank You for all your best wishes.

I would also like to place on record, my Thanks to David Lloyd, and all at Bristol City for their assistance and kind words in what has been a very difficult time for Ian's family.

Ian's funeral has now been arranged for 12 o'clock Thursday 31st January at the Top Chapel, Haycombe Cemetery, Whiteway Bath, with the burial at 1pm, this is today recorded on the thisisbath website.

Up the City

Dave

Dave,

Just a quick note to let you know...... you and your family have my support in these sad times.

I & my family recently lost another great 'Bristol City FC' supporter... in that instance it was my Father.

I, like many on the forum, truly understand what you and your family must be feeling/ going through.

It is never easy, but time does heal and Ian lives on in our hearts, so will never really die.

UP THE CITY!

AND SHINE ON IAN!

Plus...... SHINE ON MIKE PARSONS!

From The Heart

David

Dorset_Cider

You can't get P.M's so I have posted this instead..... hope you do not mind.

Hi, although I was not present at Saturdays game, I have heard from a number of supporters that a minutes applause was held in respect of Ian and a fellow City supporter who had also passed away.

Thank You to all who participated, Ian was a proud supporter of Bristol City and his family are honoured that our Club and its supporters have acknowledged his achievements in such a way.

Enjoy the game tonight.

Dave

The minute's applause before the Ipswich game was very moving and well deserved. I'm sure that we are all in awe of Ian's incredible dedication to the team we all support.

Well done to the club too. They are frequently lambasted on OTIB but hat's off - they have and are doing the right thing on this occasion.

Finally, well done to the Post for finally proving its dependence on OTIB to fill its sports page. Never before have I seen direct quotes (including my own) lifted from this site and used in an article. When it's read aloud tonight in local nursing homes by their ageing readership, expect a Murdoch-esque type apology from the Post editor for any offence caused by my username!

"Rudolf Hucker wrote ..." - do you think that the Post know what they've printed?!

Archived