IGNORED

Liam Kelly [Merged]

CiderCraig

Completely understandable from his point of view, but he seems willing to knuckle down and impress his new manager. If he's a good player, he'll come through under O'Driscoll. These things happen in football, if SOD can see him as part of his plans then there's no reason why he won't forge a good career here.

My ten pence; dick move on Kelly's part. Smart move when faced with that situation (i.e. asked about the situation) is to keep it brief and diplomatic.

Understandable he feels that way but, last time I checked, both SOD and the board can read, and come of that looks a little bit annoyed at the board's decision.

But... he's young, and if he's as good as suggested it'll be forgot come the first training session.

Think it's fair enough. Doesn't say anything I wouldn't expect him to.

Hopefully he'll knuckle down and try to impress. I have a feeling that he might turn out to be SOD type of player, but only time will tell I suppose.

Totally agree, hard to tell because it's a written interview but I think he comes across very well all things considered.

Certainly no need for the "Unsettled already" tag obviously used to provoke negativity.

Think it's fair enough. Doesn't say anything I wouldn't expect him to.

Hopefully he'll knuckle down and try to impress. I have a feeling that he might turn out to be SOD type of player, but only time will tell I suppose.

Totally agree.

And I would have said the exact same thing.

This is the bit to focus on.

“Now I just need to get my head down and focus on our game against Leeds this weekend.

“I’ve joined a big club and am looking forward to playing a part in improving our fortunes on the park in the coming months.”

Kelly made his Scotland debut in a friendly in Luxembourg in November but revealed adding to his cap tally is no longer top of his agenda as he aims to find his feet at his new club.

The 22-year-old said: “I’m trying not to look too far ahead as it’s about trying to settle down at a new club and becoming familiar with my new surroundings.

“Bristol is a beautiful city and my family home is in Milton Keynes which is only two hours drive away so that’s a big help.

“Playing for my country is a massive thing for me but whoever the new Scotland manager is he will have plenty of players to run his eye over down south.

“There are plenty of guys in the Premiership who will look to impress and I hope to hit the ground running at Bristol as it is a big club and a step forward in my career.

“There is a fantastic pool of players for any Scotland manager to pick from but my priority is to get down to doing a job for my club and help us move up the table.”

He's a young lad and bound to be concerned after the manager that signed him was sacked. He probably doesn't know many people and is feeling a tad isolated and homesick. I'm sure one or two of the more experienced players will take him under their wing.

He'll be fine.

He's a young lad and bound to be concerned after the manager that signed him was sacked. He probably doesn't know many people and is feeling a tad isolated and homesick. I'm sure one or two of the more experienced players will take him under their wing.

He'll be fine.

Jody Morris?

Two points:

1) the record is a tabloid paper, so they'll have played up the juiciest quotes and left out context - there is nothing really in there to justify that "move turned into a nightmare" headline.

2) S O'D is famed for his man management skills so if Kelly is feeling a bit shell-shocked by McInnes's departure before they even got chance to meet, then I'm sure Sean will calm his fears and settle the lad.

Essentially, Kelly is saying he thinks the move is a good thing and he is focussing on beating Leeds this weekend.

• Admin

This was the line that jumped out at me...

"I haven’t even had the chance to speak to him yet.

I arrived at the club on Thursday and only managed one training session on the Friday with Derek".

Are we to believe that a new player attends their first training session with a new club and the manager doesn't speak to him or take him aside for a welcome chat?

Nothing in that article atall.

He will be aware that we have not been doing well. He will have been aware that if things didn't improve, then Del's job would be in doubt (although probably not as quickly as it has all transipred)

The worst thing for him to experience on Saturday was probably the woeful baracking coming from the "supporters" during the game was in play.

Of course people have the right to vent frustrations and anger at such a home result, but when will people get it, that the time for boo's, insults, mocking and sarcastic chanting, is at the END of a half - not smack bang in the middle of it!

It was embarrassing!!

Archived