IGNORED

So'd 'way Of Thinking'

Murraysrightplum

I'm not sure but in the interviews I've seen he's talked a lot about the club needing to have an idea of how it's going to go about things. Rather than telling the manager "we want to be in the Premier League and you've got £x with which to do it" they've got themselves a plan for what sort of player they want to recruit and what things they need to accomplish. I think the recruitment and academy work that's been done over the past year or so (that McInnes must take some credit for) has convinced him that the club doesn't just say it wants to be sustainable and successful, it's actually doing things to make that happen.

He's also talked about getting the small, cost-free things right, such as confidence and players' attitude. He seems very focused on simply doing the day-to-day job right and if that happens then things like promotion take care of themselves in the end.

I liked what he had to say.

"A lot of people concentrate on the outcome rather than the processes. But with the development of Academy and Under-21s, now is time." Seems that he's a big advocate of clubs developing processes and structures with the long term future in mind, which is the way we have been moving recently, what with changes in the academy, scouting and transfer policy.

Compare his 'way of thinking' to Gary Johnson for example. Whilst Gary was successful for a period, he was a manager who clearly gave no thought to the medium or long term future of the club. He took little interest in the academy and rarely utilised it, had an abysmal scouting setup, and he consistently signed players (often older players) whose careers nosedived after leaving us The structure or processes of the club when he left were no better than when he started, and hindered us for a period when he left.

I'm really excited by the appointment of SO'D, on paper it seems a perfect fit to what the club is trying to do, lets hope it turns out that way.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere (too many threads to go trawling through!)

"The club has changed in a sense. In some ways they've come round to my way of thinking," O'Driscoll told BBC Radio Bristol.

Any ideas what he means by this? More ambition perhaps?

Because 15 months ago the board didn't agree with his way of thinking when he applied .

Archived