IGNORED

Neil Kilkenny

Super

If this guy would stick his foot in occasionally, I could may be accept his flaws but he is the biggest tackle dodger I have seen in a long time. Not ideal in a relegation battle but I'm sure it will be a clean slate for everyone.

Maybe. Kilkenny tends to hold on to the ball a bit too long and pass in the direction he's running in. That could improve - but also he's very, very expensive so if there's an opportunity to move him on it might happen.

The key thing will be getting players to want the ball and move more rather than passing. At the moment everything static, tentative and fearful. If we can change that, the passing becomes much much easier.

Kilkenny, like Foster will be wetting himself now that City have a new manager. O'Driscoll has already said in two interviews that the character of a player is as important as their ability and its well know that Kilkenny is a whinger. Can't see that going down with SoD.

Killa for me disappears too much in games, and as for his passing, lets just say i've hardly seen him make a defence splitting pass. Too many go across the midfield, or backwards.

If he can look up more, and try to pass up the pitch, we may have a player on our hands then but till then he's part of the dross that has got us in the mess we are in right now.

Kilkenny, like Foster will be wetting himself now that City have a new manager. O'Driscoll has already said in two interviews that the character of a player is as important as their ability and its well know that Kilkenny is a whinger. Can't see that going down with SoD.

Agreed. SOD will see right through Neil 'It's all about the money, money' Kilkenny, be surprised if he plays again for us this season.

Agreed. SOD will see right through Neil 'It's all about the money, money' Kilkenny, be surprised if he plays again for us this season.

You might be right, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the opposite turned out to be the case.

I had a conversation a while ago with a close neighbour of Kilkenny, who is also a football fan and a sensible guy, though not a City supporter. He told me that NK had said two interesting things to him about the situation at AG. One was that Bobby Reid was a brillaint young prospect who should, in his opinion, be in the starting XI, but who does not altogether see eye to eye with McInnes. (This was before the sacking).

NK also said he found it hard to get regular games himself under DMcC because the way that he (NK) had been brought up to play the game and the way that the manager wanted the team to play were not compatible.

Make of it what you will. It's ironic in the light of it, though, that Del picked Reid in the squad only hours before he was fired and even brought him on as a sub when things were desperate. As to NK, most of us at some time or another have seen players transformed by a change of manager. I think that whatever his shortcomings, he is still the best passer of the ball that we have in the current squad and God knows we could do with one. O'Driscoll's teams have traditionally always played good, passing football and I doubt that will change. Perhaps he will bring out of NK something that the last manager could not.

Interesting one. We shall see.

You might be right, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the opposite turned out to be the case.

I had a conversation a while ago with a close neighbour of Kilkenny, who is also a football fan and a sensible guy, though not a City supporter. He told me that NK had said two interesting things to him about the situation at AG. One was that Bobby Reid was a brillaint young prospect who should, in his opinion, be in the starting XI, but who does not altogether see eye to eye with McInnes. (This was before the sacking).

NK also said he found it hard to get regular games himself under DMcC because the way that he (NK) had been brought up to play the game and the way that the manager wanted the team to play were not compatible.

Make of it what you will. It's ironic in the light of it, though, that Del picked Reid in the squad only hours before he was fired and even brought him on as a sub when things were desperate. As to NK, most of us at some time or another have seen players transformed by a change of manager. I think that whatever his shortcomings, he is still the best passer of the ball that we have in the current squad and God knows we could do with one. O'Driscoll's teams have traditionally always played good, passing football and I doubt that will change. Perhaps he will bring out of NK something that the last manager could not.

Interesting one. We shall see.

Well, that's a given, surely!

O'Driscoll tried to sign Kilkenny twice whilst at Doncaster :yes:

http://www.football.co.uk/leeds_united/kilkenny_still_on_rovers_radar_rss113047.shtml

great find !

If they were chasing him then i would wager we will see more of killa for sure.

he did mention on twitter the other week openly admitting he wasnt good at tracking back as he wasnt quick enough

I believe so, yes. And we tried to sign Stead before too.

Not sure what you're like in midfield but wouldn't surprise me to see him go in for Richie Wellens. Don't think he's getting games at Leicester but he was immense under SO'D and there's a lot of mutual respect I think.

Not sure what you're like in midfield but wouldn't surprise me to see him go in for Richie Wellens. Don't think he's getting games at Leicester but he was immense under SO'D and there's a lot of mutual respect I think.

Wellens is a quality footballer

Can Wellens play a bit or is he a grafter in midfield?

Archived