IGNORED

U21S Vs Qpr

BCFC101

I thought QPR were poor. Very lightweight and were out-muscled by a fitter and quicker City side. Kilkenny was a class above but then again he wasn't up against much. Same applies to Nyatanga in terms of who he was up against.

Dobie gave the QPR defence problems with his movement and pace.

I wouldn't read too much into last night.

I guess you have to look at it more in the context of the whole league and what others development squads are producing - if QPR were poor (or we made them look it) and we stay near the top of the league then it bodes well in that we have, for this level some of the better talent entering the football player pool - whether they stay with us, or go to lower/higher league teams it's good for the club to have players seeded throughout the football league who have come from our set-up.

You'd have thought QPR - with their resources and access to the schools of West London - would have a good youth scouting network. Still, a lot comes down to coaching and Westonred's report reassures me (again) that our youth players are well-drilled, well-organised and with sky-high self-belief.

If only the first team coaches were half as good!

Archived