IGNORED

What Happens In Kavos...

Lew-T

Not football related I know, but it's totally madness! Watching it now on channel 4 and it got me thinking what other lads holiday memories did everybody else have??

Years ago I would of guessed a lads holiday would of been a weekend down Weston :laughcont:

Not football related I know, but it's totally madness! Watching it now on channel 4 and it got me thinking what other lads holiday memories did everybody else have??

Years ago I would of guessed a lads holiday would of been a weekend down Weston :laughcont:

Cheeky night in Cabot or Senny's!! Both closed or changed now, Cabot was awesome when I was underage.

I went to Kavos is 2009, it wasn't as bad as the show seems to be making out but that was just as it was getting popular, same with Malia. Messy weeks both of those!

Cheeky night in Cabot or Senny's!! Both closed or changed now, Cabot was awesome when I was underage.

I went to Kavos is 2009, it wasn't as bad as the show seems to be making out but that was just as it was getting popular, same with Malia. Messy weeks both of those!

Cabot and Senny's? Got to say I haven't heard of them, or I might but just didn't take any notice. Where were they to?

• Admin

Cabot and Senny's? Got to say I haven't heard of them, or I might but just didn't take any notice. Where were they to?

The Cabot, which is still there just tarted up a bit now it's a Lloyds bar taken over by Wetherspoons, Senorita's was a shit hole that only young kids or desperate older people went in, again building etc still there but I believe it is an indoor market now??

The Cabot, which is still there just tarted up a bit now it's a Lloyds bar taken over by Wetherspoons, Senorita's was a shit hole that only young kids or desperate older people went in, again building etc still there but I believe it is an indoor market now??

Ahh Lloyds! Quite decent in there to be fair.

Went to Magaluf last year, extremely messy, don't remember much at all!

Will be going to both Malia and Zante this year. :dancer2:

Zante is very laid back compared to magaluf. Nice place. No massive clubs if thats your thing. If you get friendly with any locals or bar staff, get them to take you to a club for the locals. If you aint local you can only get in on invite. Bout 5 mins walk into the island. Its a big mansion probably owned by someone dodgy. Seems to be the one place where islanders with money all go. Not particulaly exspensive to buy drinks but if you wanna get away from typical english louts for a night, its good.

I went to Kavos for 2 weeks with 7 other lads in 1999; haven't seen the tv show in question but while it was fairly debauched back then, I wouldn't have thought it'd make a very funny tv show. There was a club with a swimming pool in it which had (as described by my mate) "little White ghosties" floating in it- use your imagination people. There was also a bar that served a cocktail called a 'Skull ******' which was basically a pint of spirits with a dash of orange juice in the top. I believe it cost around £3.50...

Zante is very laid back compared to magaluf. Nice place. No massive clubs if thats your thing. If you get friendly with any locals or bar staff, get them to take you to a club for the locals. If you aint local you can only get in on invite. Bout 5 mins walk into the island. Its a big mansion probably owned by someone dodgy. Seems to be the one place where islanders with money all go. Not particulaly exspensive to buy drinks but if you wanna get away from typical english louts for a night, its good.

Ah brilliant, thanks a lot.

There's a large group of us going to Zante (10-11) and we're staying in a villa just outside, we were only really going to hit the 'strip' 2 or 3 times, it was mainly just a summer holiday and to see some friends working over there. About 4-5 of us are going to Malia, and that is the one which is where we plan to go overboard on the drinks.

I went to Faliraki in 2000 for 2 weeks just before they started making all the Club Rep TV shows and for the second week Rotherham United's players stayed at the same appartment block. It was a reward for winning promotion from League 2. Players such as Leo Fortune West and Guy Branston were there.

Haha, yep. Only went in. Senny's once, saw a bloke receiving a present from some woman at the bar and decided to turn back around and head to Cabot!

Loved Cabot when we first started 'going out'. Now it's all about DB's.

Went to Kavos last summer and the summer before. Probably will go again this summer due to mates working out there. The programme does make it look worse than what it is but it is mental!

Pretty much done the lot in my younger days

Was in Faliraki in 2001 just as they started filming the Reps program, full of idiots dying to do something daft to get on tv

Zante was lovely, but witnessed the biggest brawl I've ever seen there. Some kid got battered with a stool and staggered out of a bar with his eyeball hanging out. Was fine all week, but when the locals came down to the strip at the weekend it was carnage

Bit too old for all that stuff now - give me a swimming pool, somewhere nice to eat and a beach not too far away, go on hols to chill nowadays!

Lads holiday in Llorete De Mar ended up in 2 near riots v police and germans.

Did Malia with the mrs twice. At the time it was lively and not yet full of teeny boppers. Not sure I'd fancy a week with the lads there, there's not much to do.

didn't think Barcelona was a place to go on lads holidays? was it good?

Saw that Stacey (I would) Dooley on about Shagaluf the other day on the Beeb....

Sure she said over 200 british youths have died in spain over last 3 years due to drink / drugs / violent assaults etc.......

She Interviewed the Shagaluf coroner and he openly stated that he had personaly carried out 60 autopsys on British kids that/ this season alone so it appears numbers are on the up .....basically the clubs & bars dont care they just want your cash hence all you can drink for 10 euros and open drug dealing etc etc ..

Strikes me weird that in 10 years we have lost over 500 of our boys fighting to protect us from terror yet not a dickie bird about 200 kids getting killed on freakin so called Holidays!

Stick to camping in the forest with your scout troupe guys and if your lucky the scoutmasters wife or sister may come along and give you a shadow to watch getting changed in the tent...phwoar...

Not Severn Beach? Mind you, that was full of Gasheads in those days :gasmask:

Llorete de mar im sure is in Barcelona...

Not too far away; you'd probably fly into Girona airport to get there which is often described as 'Barcelona' despite being about 50km away!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloret_de_Mar

EDIT: though to answer your previous question, Barcelona is a brilliant place to go for a weekend with the lads, you just need to know where you're going

Llorete De Mar is indeed not a million miles away from Barca!

Llorete is very very German oriented, or was when I was there! Old bill were well up for a ruck as well. Utterly insane couple of nights when it kicked off. Apparently the year before a riot van got torched by English tourists so anyone English was fair game for a slap.

Barca is well worth a weekender as mentioned above!

Not too far away; you'd probably fly into Girona airport to get there which is often described as 'Barcelona' despite being about 50km away!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloret_de_Mar

EDIT: though to answer your previous question, Barcelona is a brilliant place to go for a weekend with the lads, you just need to know where you're going

I've spent a lot of time in Barcelona, and know it well, and hopefully will spend a lot more time there. It's a great place, Lloret de Mar it definitely isn't!!

Did Ibiza(San Antonio) back in 1997 and introduced myself to little round pills. Faliraki in 2001 when it was at its peak and every bar we went into had more girls than lads! That was a top holiday. Amsterdam with the boys on many weekends over the years. That place destroys me but love the place. Went to Prague on 2 stag weekends and it still goes down with me as being the most overrated place for a piss up. Dark underground bars full of blokes, sleazy place. Bonking Benidorm is my favourite place to go. Busy all year round, cheap and caters for all ages. I've done the club scene there as an 18 year old on the top round and the English square. Done the cheesy Karaoke bars,cabaret bars,sticky Vichy. I love the place, I'd never go with the family though but don't knock the place if you haven't been.

Did Ibiza(San Antonio) back in 1997 and introduced myself to little round pills. Faliraki in 2001 when it was at its peak and every bar we went into had more girls than lads! That was a top holiday. Amsterdam with the boys on many weekends over the years. That place destroys me but love the place. Went to Prague on 2 stag weekends and it still goes down with me as being the most overrated place for a piss up. Dark underground bars full of blokes, sleazy place. Bonking Benidorm is my favourite place to go. Busy all year round, cheap and caters for all ages. I've done the club scene there as an 18 year old on the top round and the English square. Done the cheesy Karaoke bars,cabaret bars,sticky Vichy. I love the place, I'd never go with the family though but don't knock the place if you haven't been.

Haha I have also been to Benidorm! In terms of success rate with the ladies, it was the best by a mile. Not the greatest place to go, but a cracking time with the lads. I have also done, Ibiza, Magaluf, Salou, Faliraki and Kavos.

My last lads holiday was to Ibiza in 2010 and afterwards I retired with immediate effect from any more lads holidays! I don't know how I ever managed to go out on the lash every night for a week or two!

They are definitely making Kavos out to be a lot worse than what it was when I went. My best one's were Benidorm and Faliraki for sure. Great times and some cracking memories!

Watching what happens in Kavos kind of makes me want to roll back the years!

Archived