IGNORED

Gas New Stadium..the Serious Thread

The Humble Realist

So away from all the sniping between 2clubs n people calling each other inbreds ...what could (stress the word 'could') a new stadium mean for them ....

They will have the best stadium in bristol ..at worse temporarily till we get ours

Best case (for them) theyll get a bit of momentum and hope to build on it n get in championship n beyond ...

Worst case (for them) ...theyl struggle on the pitch n end up in financial mess with a stadium they can't get anywhere near full !

What's interesting is the same could apply for us if we had New stadium...maybe just replacing 'championship ' with premiership in best case purely based on current league statuses n lansdowns money

What's worrying is if we got left behind n they became the team in bristol . That may seem a long way off but things can change quickly in football...just ask fans of Southampton , Coventry n Leicester for the good, bad n the ugly.

Intresting times ahead for bristol football

You need more than a stadium to be successful - we are building the training/academy, scouting, community - all of which should make us the best team in the region in the long term - in the short term, well there will ups and downs, but we are at last building some firm foundations, and have a plan in place - aka Swansea 10 seasons.

It could see them overtake us in medium term if ours doesn't get sorted. Of course, that is a big big if and worst case scenario...they'd have to be well run, not persistently sell their best players etc...not likely.

Yes very best of luck to them BUT i really seriously question the mechanics of the financing behind this , I would really like to know the exact details behind this ( for professional reasons at least as i am in corporate finance and thus need to know more of the intricate details involved ) especially considering BRFC were on the brink of going into 'admin' less than 2 years ago ???????? and are paying loan players around £250 pounds a week !!!

I notice Lulworth scum has quoted my post. All I would say is check your boundaries and congratulations on the council decision. Why BRISTOL city council would be holding our PP registration if our new ground is in Somerset when it is in Bristol is beyond me. Congratulations gas. Passing us? Don't think so!!

Yes very best of luck to them BUT i really seriously question the mechanics of the financing behind this , I would really like to know the exact details behind this ( for professional reasons at least as i am in corporate finance and thus need to know more of the intricate details involved ) especially considering BRFC were on the brink of going into 'admin' less than 2 years ago ???????? and are paying loan players around £250 pounds a week !!!

It's a bit of a puzzle. Selling their ground for Sainsburys will be one part but as you say...maybe their board are investing big in it, who can say.

You need more than a stadium to be successful - we are building the training/academy, scouting, community - all of which should make us the best team in the region in the long term - in the short term, well there will ups and downs, but we are at last building some firm foundations, and have a plan in place - aka Swansea 10 seasons.

In the long term yeah we should be, I'm thinking more medium term if we're at Ashton Gate still. I do lke the ground but revenue generating theirs will have more potential than us. When we get the new ground, plus all the academy stuff easily top side in the region and you know whose to say we couldn't become a respectable established top flight side.

It's a bit of a puzzle. Selling their ground for Sainsburys will be one part but as you say...maybe their board are investing big in it, who can say.

Quite BUT none of their board have the serious ( and I mean serious ) money on an individual basis to finance this , unless they go for a share issue or an IPO or an AIM list to acquire shareholding ( and to be honest who is going to buy stock in a club that is presently bottom of league 2 ? ) to acquire the funding requirement ?????????????????? Sorry but Darlington comes to mind

Quite BUT none of their board have the serious ( and I mean serious ) money on an individual basis to finance this , unless they go for a share issue or an IPO or an AIM list to acquire shareholding ( and to be honest who is going to buy stock in a club that is presently bottom of league 2 ? ) to acquire the funding requirement ?????????????????? Sorry but Darlington comes to mind

Just to add to that , I have recently been involved ( not too many details for obvious reasons ) in assisting a business that has been granted full planning for a plant that will cost in excess of £25 Million to build , however at this juncture has acquired funding that is some £8 million short of its target and is most likely not to fulfill its requirement and thus not happen - Nuff Said !!!

Look , most fans want a new stadium at Ashton Vale, but can do very little to push it forward, we just have to wait for the gears of bureaucracy to grind onward. What point is there in worrying about it , or worrying that Rovers might overtake us.

Good luck to the rovers fans I say, they've had to put up with even more Sh-it than we have over the years.

That they'll ever become THE team in Bristol, Yea Right.

be interesting to see what happens with the floating support in south glos. places like alveston, thorbury etc, are potential catchment areas for either team but it'd be much easier to get to the South Glos Pirates new stadium outside bristol than it would be to get to the gate, for sure

this is a very good point.

People seem to thing, you get a new stadium and thats it....everyone will become the new Swansea or new Stoke.

Its a fantastic start, but unless you get the foundations of the club right, it could spell disaster. Southampton for example, new stadium...but until they got things right behind the scenes, they went backwards. Look at Coventry and Colchester?....and ok, a much smaller club then Rovers, but look where Darlington went

Good luck to them though, Bristol is a shambles as a City when it comes to moving forward. Not only sport, but moving forward full stop.

Good luck to them and I hope it works. I hope we get ours aswell, as if managed properly by both clubs, we could, and I emphasise the word COULD, finally see Bristol football competing with the rest of the country a little better

Add improving community links and links with fans and a manager seeing things long term.

Personally I think the changes we have already made (state of the art training facilities) and are making (better scouting network, new recruitment policy, development squad, improvement of youth system) are far more important than a new stadium.

The g*s must be miles behind us on that front, they are renting some field near Cribbs to train on I think?!

That said, if they got it together on the pitch, and I think they are a long way off that, then clearly they could establish themselves as a Championship club IMO.

North Bristol (specifically S Glos) is going to grow at one hell of a rate over the next 15 years, approx 28,000 new homes to be built! Many of these will be on the doorstep of UWE ie Filton Airfield, Harry Stoke and Northfield so they will have a nice new catchment area to exploit.

So long as they're serving up sh*t football though we have nothing to worry about.

So away from all the sniping between 2clubs n people calling each other inbreds ...what could (stress the word 'could') a new stadium mean for them ....

They will have the best stadium in bristol ..at worse temporarily till we get ours

Best case (for them) theyll get a bit of momentum and hope to build on it n get in championship n beyond ...

Worst case (for them) ...theyl struggle on the pitch n end up in financial mess with a stadium they can't get anywhere near full !

What's interesting is the same could apply for us if we had New stadium...maybe just replacing 'championship ' with premiership in best case purely based on current league statuses n lansdowns money

What's worrying is if we got left behind n they became the team in bristol . That may seem a long way off but things can change quickly in football...just ask fans of Southampton , Coventry n Leicester for the good, bad n the ugly.

Intresting times ahead for bristol football

IT'S NOT IN BRISTOL

The stadium is outside of Bristol.

A little pedantic, but seing as it was the blue few who started all of this "outside bristol" bullshit when we released plans for Ashton Vale they deserve to get some shit for it. Thing is they even got that wrong as our proposed ground sits within Bristol (just).

So long as they're serving up sh*t football though we have nothing to worry about.

And thats what really matters. It all starts and ends on the pitch. If they think this guarentees success then they are deluded.

Given their current predicament, i would of thought news that they are building a sounder infrastructure like ourselves would of been better news for the future.

The stadium is not even built yet, who knows where they will be in a few years time. Would relegation this year but the stoppers on it? There can't be too many teams in L2 or Conf with 20k all seater stadiums.

A little pedantic, but seing as it was the blue few who started all of this "outside bristol" bullshit when we released plans for Ashton Vale they deserve to get some shit for it. Thing is they even got that wrong as our proposed ground sits within Bristol (just).

Well, it's not in Bristol! Not sure how much clearer it can be. It's within the county of Gloucestershire, not Bristol.

Just to add to that , I have recently been involved ( not too many details for obvious reasons ) in assisting a business that has been granted full planning for a plant that will cost in excess of £25 Million to build , however at this juncture has acquired funding that is some £8 million short of its target and is most likely not to fulfill its requirement and thus not happen - Nuff Said !!!

There might be an element of equity financing involved, but, as you say, likely to be limited to what the directors can afford. Bricks and mortar, so asset-backed finance most likley - along the normal commercial property development route? Proceeds from mem + UWE money (?) + external debt finance. Coming up £8M short on a principal sum of £25M is not clever btw.

What would be interesting to see are the revenue (and, hence, attendance) projections - both football and 'other' - to service the interest on any debt finance. Wouldn't mind seeing what we are assuming for AV either!

Mr Higgs , whilst not in Lansdowns league is a very wealthy man , (sold his Cowlin Business for £52M)

and whilst some gashead as giving it the big un , im sure many are still a bit in the believe when its built bracket as we have had many a false dawn before .

Nick Higgs has also said again last night that the new stadium will leaves Rovers with ' Debt Free, there will be no shortfall And the stadium will be Wholly Owned by the FC'

things are looking up but a long way to go!

Archived