IGNORED

Interest In Albert

Fuber

It's not difficult to understand. If the deal isn't done by transfer window ending you can still loan players after so they'd pay the fee, take him on loan till the end of the season and then sign him officially in the summer.

Or am I being too smart and over complicating things?

It's not difficult to understand. If the deal isn't done by transfer window ending you can still loan players after so they'd pay the fee, take him on loan till the end of the season and then sign him officially in the summer.

Or am I being too smart and over complicating things?

completely understand just can't see the club loaning Albert out we need all the help we can get

Keep him until the summer and then see what Div we are in. If we go down he will want to leave but if we stay up I think he will want to stay. He seems to love the City and with a new improved contract, you never know.

Unless of course someone comes in with £3m, then City will sell regardless.

Truth hurts what?

Funny comment to make. I assume its because Im in disagreement?

Ok I'll give you Albert can't get a cross in but you can't argue he scares the opposition defence.

How many of them do you see surrounding him trying to give him minimal space. Whilst that happens there is space created elsewhere. Hopefully SOD will point this out.

If and when we get someone to replace him then sell him at profit but until then when he gets back we will need him in this fight to stay up

Truth hurts what?

Funny comment to make. I assume its because Im in disagreement?

Ok I'll give you Albert can't get a cross in but you can't argue he scares the opposition defence.

How many of them do you see surrounding him trying to give him minimal space. Whilst that happens there is space created elsewhere. Hopefully SOD will point this out.

If and when we get someone to replace him then sell him at profit but until then when he gets back we will need him in this fight to stay up

not a patch on scotty in his pomp

even mark gavin could put a cross on a sixpence

agree about surrounded etc and good player running with ball but that's it !

Whatever your views are on Albert, I think they key point is in the last few words of the Sky article:

"....and he has 18-months left on his current deal."

If a good offer comes in the board are going to find it difficult to refuse as they don't want him to leave for nothing in 18 months. No matter how much he likes playing for City, he's a professional footballer who has to consider his career, from a financial and a playing perspective. Combine this with the affect agents have on players and the chances are he is going to leave City at some point in the near future. Hopefully this will not be in the January window.

when was the last time he put in a good cross if any

good at going past players but rarely an end product

sorry but sell

Completely agree with you Butler.

We all love a dazzler, that's why we go down to watch our beloved team at the end of the day. In hope of being bedazzled. Albert is one of the few over recent years who have been able to offer this.

I've been guilty of being blinded by this myself in the passed but the reality is he has one good game in five. Okay, there are mitigating circumstances for this:

- Opposition doubling up on him

- Over dependance on him to get us out of a hole ... 'Give the ball to Albert'

- No other outlet... one of the reasons Bolasie has excelled at Palace is that Zaha is on the other side. Bolasie naturally gets more space. We dont have that (Anderson perhaps, but has had limited chances... oh wait.... WE had Bolasie too!)

It's easy to forget that he was a non-league player only four years ago and he has come on leaps and bounds. But he really isnt the world beater people say he is. I've seen him have more stinkers than great games. The rest fall under the 'average' bracket, with a couple of mazy runs getting the crowd off their feet and winning a corner or a throw-in deep in opposition territory. He needs the ball at his feet to be effective, so he can run at players. To play the ball in front of him is often fruitless. He's not your sort of winger to run onto a through ball and whip in a teasing cross. End product is a constant cause for debate.

I can't help but feel that the end of the road is nigh, when it comes to City and Albert. He's 25 now. Time to move on if he is to live up to the hype that surrounds him. I would take 2mill any day if it meant we could go out and sign a decent centre half and centre mid. Cos it's that easy right!?!!!

I genuinely hope the boy has a good Nations Cup, he is a great lad.

And if it helps add a few digits to his asking price, all the better.

Only has 9 assists and 5 goals to his name, the next in line of leading assists.. is 2 assists! I do admit I think he can become a better player then he is by actually making runs and not always wanting it ball to feet but can't deny his quality.

Although I think if we get a hefty bid we'd be stupid not to take it , I wouldn't blame Albert if he didn't sign another contract extension when since he's been here we've been fighting relegation all the time.

Only has 9 assists and 5 goals to his name, the next in line of leading assists.. is 2 assists! I do admit I think he can become a better player then he is by actually making runs and not always wanting it ball to feet but can't deny his quality.

Although I think if we get a hefty bid we'd be stupid not to take it , I wouldn't blame Albert if he didn't sign another contract extension when since he's been here we've been fighting relegation all the time.

I'm quite sure he'll be a better player when he gets back from Africa - there's nothing better for a player's development than playing with and against real class...

You forget Swansea, Bolton, Middlesbrough & Palarse, as except for Swansea they have no cash, & Swansea would have gone for him by now.

There is NO WAY that BCFC will loan AA to anyone unless they pay 2.5m - 3m up front.....and that isn;t going to happen.

As someone else said, Sky filling empty sports pages.

BCAGFC

Albert is a good player, great feet quick and able to beat players, very good at tracking back and doing his defensive duties. Crossing from open play and set pieces needs a lot of work, not up to premier league standard. We have probably developed him as much as we could.

With his contract ending in 2014, the end is close. He's not going to sign a new contract, if he does he's got rocks in his head. He deserves to play in prem and even if we do stay up, I cannot see us geting promoted next year. He's 25 and getting close to his prime. He should be sold in the summer, £2.5m and above will be a good deal for us.

Can't believe people wanna sell. Haven't scored a goal in the two games we've played without him. Only little bit of creativity we have left in this side!

8 assists (fifth best in league & 6 more than any other city player.) & 5 goals (third highest in our team)

If we sell, it should be summer, no way we should sell in January.

Archived