IGNORED

Ivan Sproule On Sky Sports 2

The Saturday Boy

Ivan Sproule just scored 1/3 of the goals he scored in 119 games for us, in one match over there, any game in which Ivan Sproule scores 2 can't be of a decent standard.

He scored a hat-trick against Glasgow Rangers once upon a time. Had his moments.

Another derogatory comment. As though you are playing at some ridiculously high level of football? I at least have the advantage of watching SPL, Championship and Permiership football (being a Blackburn Rovers fan as well as St Johnstone) and I can assure you the SPL is not a level below the Championship (except Dundee, who are Blue Square).

Have a wee look at some of these clips from the weekend:

Nigel Hasslebaink scoring a great team goal for St Johnstone:

Gary Mackay-Steven showing a suepr piece of individual brilliance

After signing a pre-contract with St Johnstone, Richard Brittain scores a beauty for Ross County:

Few others:

The SPL is nowhere near as bad as you make out.

Loved Johnny Russell's hat trick, Michael Higdon's wasn't bad either.

only Celtic could at a push get some wins down south and would find it hard to get up in the first season

:liar:

That would be Celtic, last 16 of the Champions League, who beat Barcelona, that would struggle to get up in their 1st season of the Championship? It's no wonder your league is so highly thought of, you guys blow your trumpet pretty convincingly. You do have to step back a little and listen to what you say though - it's mildly amusing.

I do see what you are saying regarding Scottish peoples perception of our own game. That, I'm afraid, is down to Scottish mentality. Everything is shit and everything is better elsewhere. The weather, our national team, our food, our health. Everything. The reality,however, is always somewhere inbetween. And that, in my opinion, is that the SPL is nowhere near as bad as is made out and the Championship isn't as good as everyone makes out.

They're probably about the same. What you do have perhaps is greater strength and depth and that is facilitated by huge finances. That over the course of a 40+ game season could really tell.

Archived