IGNORED

Davies

Ciderstreet

Lacks pace, cant seem to finish 90mins

Played for the full 90 minutes in the last home game without a problem. Made one very good run on the ball from our half too. Had to, as he had next to no service.

I agree with Graham C. I'd partner him or Baldock with Taylor. We are never going to win games with just the big men up front.

I understand the concept - I'm merely suggesting that with our squad of players, the concept doesn't seem to be applicable. If we had the sort of midfielders that would run onto balls that Taylor/Stead hold up, then great, I would be all for it. But we don't.

The fact that these holding strikers don't have anyone to provide for, both from midfield and attack, leaves questions to be asked of what their worth is (I'm not suggesting they don't contribute to the team in general, but from a perspective of scoring and providing goals).

Therefore if we're playing strikers that are inept infront of goal and don't have any team mates to feed the ball onto, why not play someone that, given the chance with the ball at his feet, is a lot more likely to score. If Davies already has the ball at feet, there's no need for him to hold the ball up. The same argument can be applied to Sammy.

What you've said is correct, but there lies the problem we don't have the midfielders to get in behind (maybe Kelly) but we also don't have a strong enough midfield just playing a central two and playing two strikers. O'driscoll has said though that he likes his team to be fluid, so lets wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. He might surprise us.

It's a fitness issue. His knee's are shot to pieces. Can only be used sparingly so will properly never get a good run in the team. Rumoured that he does not train with the rest of the squad, this would suggest light training or possibly no training at times to save him for match days. Bought as and impact player, but needs better service than our midfield have offered so far. Also rumours of personal problems. So this maybe effecting this demeanour.

We could really do without more baseless speculation like this. Why are people so quick to believe and spread damaging rumours about our own players? His knees aren't shot, and he doesn't have any personal problems. He's just not often picked when we play one up front. Sometimes the simple answers are the right ones.

We could really do without more baseless speculation like this. Why are people so quick to believe and spread damaging rumours about our own players? His knees aren't shot, and he doesn't have any personal problems. He's just not often picked when we play one up front. Sometimes the simple answers are the right ones.
Sorry if I have upset you Nibor. Your are correct and in my post i did state that these are just rumours. I have heard through fellow city fans. And in no way do I wish for them to be perceived as damaging.

It is interesting that after months of criticism of DM for not starting Davies (one of the few things I didn't criticise DM for), a new manager (head coach) does the same thing and suddenly we can all see the player's limitations.

As has been clear since his arrival, Davies seems destined to be another victim of the "Bristol City can't attack and defend in the same match" curse.

This persistent failing has seen the back of three managers and we can only hope SO'D can find a solution. If he cannot, I fear that yesterday's defensive defeat away from home will be duly followed by an attacking defeat at home next week.

And Davis is really "pulling" up tress in the chapionship! Goals tell the story, pitman is a far better goal scorer than Davis. He maybe lazy, but saved our asses plenty of games last season. But it can be said, if Davis doesn't start getting games, it will be hard to stay up.

What Davies is doing is irrelevant within this context....your saying Pitman is the answer, yet he is hardly starting in league 1, let alone Championship football.

The guy was average, that's why he is in league 1. End of.

Archived