IGNORED

Kilkenny Training With Reserves.

pride of the west

After Woolford left McInnes said that he'd told "two or three" other players that they could leave this month.

At the time my guess was that Nyatanga, Morris and Kilkenny were the players involved, considering that none of them were making the match day squad, this comment confirms that Kilkenny must have been one of them.

Clearly a change of manager and a change of opinion regarding NK..

Clearly a change of manager and a change of opinion regarding NK..

I think it's probably the typical clean slate - everyone gets a chance.

I suspect Neil Kilkenny is very expensive, so whilst we might as well use him since we've got him I wouldn't be surprised to see the manager try and move him on in the summer regardless.

I suspect Neil Kilkenny is very expensive, so whilst we might as well use him since we've got him I wouldn't be surprised to see the manager try and move him on in the summer regardless.

Sure Kilkenny is OOC in the summer.

Unreal - training with reserves ?

Just sums up DM's lack of experience - we will probably go down but I am glad DM is OUT OF OUR CLUB!

What do you mean? When a player falls out of favour at a club this kind of thing happens a lot!

Like you, I am glad Del is gone, but I don't see how putting Killa in the reserves shows a 'lack of experience'

In a recent 'Questions and Answers' session on Twitter, Kilkenny said quite a few times how sometimes he is too honest and that some people don't like to be told the truth.

With him training in the reserves I think it's pretty obvious that he said something to McInnes which didn't go down well.

I know that is just putting two and two together but it seems pretty clear.

In a recent 'Questions and Answers' session on Twitter, Kilkenny said quite a few times how sometimes he is too honest and that some people don't like to be told the truth.

With him training in the reserves I think it's pretty obvious that he said something to McInnes which didn't go down well.

I know that is just putting two and two together but it seems pretty clear.

Spot on Dave, im geussing the same - something said !

i also beleive mciness was telling the press etc players were injured when they were not, just a hunch i have

Everyone except Joe Edwards it would seem!

I also suspect Neil Kilkenny is very expensive but based on his past interest SO'D is unlikely to try to move NK on in the summer if the miracle happens - otherwise he will need to go with just about everyone else.

Everyone except Joe Edwards it would seem!

His move was already decided and he'd made his mind up.

I also suspect Neil Kilkenny is very expensive but based on his past interest SO'D is unlikely to try to move NK on in the summer if the miracle happens - otherwise he will need to go with just about everyone else.

Depends who else he wants and how much he can save by doing so.

Kilkenny was excellent yesterday and can see him staying at Ashton Gate.

Just sticking my nose in, but as a Leeds fan his performance yesterday was a carbon copy of those when he played here. Lots of pointing, lots of shoulders dipped, some lovely ten yard balls, but a doddle to play against, even for our lumbering midfield.

probably because Kilkenny can't play football at this standard

He played in a better Leeds team than ours at this level and has played well for us at times. He can clearly play at this level i think he just needs to be in the right sort of team (one with strong/mobile players around him) which we have not been.

At least he makes some noise on the pitch. A bit more character from some others would help.

Just sticking my nose in, but as a Leeds fan his performance yesterday was a carbon copy of those when he played here. Lots of pointing, lots of shoulders dipped, some lovely ten yard balls, but a doddle to play against, even for our lumbering midfield.

Aye, that's Killa.

I am hoping if he continues to play, SOD finds a perfect place for him. One thing he does is keep possession, something we miss. I still don't rate the bloke, but maybe there is a plan in SOD's head

Ironic that a couple of match reports I read, stated how much you could do with him right now?

We were discussing that in the pub yesterday. Rose tinted spectacles was the conclusion.

Kilkenny is a divisive player. He looks like he's got so much in the locker, but so rarely produces it. But when you're watching the 123 year old Michael Brown and the stunning talent of David Norris (who did not make the team yesterday because we've signed an Everton youngster on loan) you tend to become dewy eyed.

The answer is in the question really. The threads on here about him reflect those which were on our forums when he was at Leeds. That tells you more than anything really.

Of the midfield that went up from League One Snodgrass, Howson and even Bradley Johnson are playing in the Premier League. Kilkenny never even got a sniff of interest from anyone higher up. Football folk aren't as stupid as we paint them, and the lack of approaches tell the true story.

We were discussing that in the pub yesterday. Rose tinted spectacles was the conclusion.

Kilkenny is a divisive player. He looks like he's got so much in the locker, but so rarely produces it. But when you're watching the 123 year old Michael Brown and the stunning talent of David Norris (who did not make the team yesterday because we've signed an Everton youngster on loan) you tend to become dewy eyed.

The answer is in the question really. The threads on here about him reflect those which were on our forums when he was at Leeds. That tells you more than anything really.

Of the midfield that went up from League One Snodgrass, Howson and even Bradley Johnson are playing in the Premier League. Kilkenny never even got a sniff of interest from anyone higher up. Football folk aren't as stupid as we paint them, and the lack of approaches tell the true story.

Question. Did he ever play in a central midfield 2 for you? And how did he do?

Question. Did he ever play in a central midfield 2 for you? And how did he do?

Yes he did, and he was outmuscled consistently. He is slow and has no physical presence.

That's fine if you have other strings to your bow. But he scored around 10 goals in 120 odd starts, and contributed 18 assists, many of which were in the early rounds of the League Cup against lower league opposition.

What is his selling point? Not goals, not assists, not tackling, not pace. If he's a playmaker solely then his output has to be higher than it is.

The bloke is a total over expense, shirks challenges, doesnt score any goal, moans constantly and blames player around him for his own failings.

Derek was right to banish this little weasel to the reserves exactly the type of player that has been bleeding the club dry over the past few years. Terrible signing really can't stand the bloke.

Does worry me that SoD wanted to sign him.

We need a team full of impact players, as GJ said 'people who can influence a game'.

Killa is just one of about 15 in the squad who just lets the game pass them by.

Let's hope SoD is a quick learner 'cause we can ill-afford a three month period where he sizes up the squad. Del eventually iidentified the passengers - unfortunately it was 6 months late.

Archived