IGNORED

Brendan Moloney

suprised tht SOD "does" Twitter-doesnt seem to tie-up with his personality..

As far as I aware he doesn't, the quote above was on bcfctweets that Adam Baker does during the Thursday press conference.

You don't have to be registered on twitter to see these tweets.

www.twitter.com/bcfctweets

Brendan Maloney is rank average, league 1 type player. He has had some okay matches, and some crap ones. He is definately not a centre back, far too weak for that. Forest tried playing him on the wing and that was a disaster. Has done okay at full back when there are no other options

On the flip side I believe his loan spells went quite well...

seems to be a lot of Forest fans gutted that he's going (especially on a free) - can't be any worse than Foster surely?

I think its a given that Foster will be at RW now. Great replacement for Albert.......!!!

Maybe in the short term, but I can see Burns gradually featuring more as the season goes on and becoming a genuine candidate to be Albert's natural replacement by the start of next season.

I have scanned through a few Forest forums today and seen no mention of anyone being gutted he is going, a few vaguley annoyed he is going for free.

Well, his career record doesn't make great reading.

At 24 years old a total of just 75 apps. ( 34 of those on loan to 4 lower league clubs) since making his debut 6 years ago.

Not many more than Ribeiro, with all his problems, who's a year younger.

As with all new signings we can only trust the manager, give the player the benefit of the doubt, and hope for the best.

Well, his career record doesn't make great reading.

At 24 years old a total of just 75 apps. ( 34 of those on loan to 4 lower league clubs) since making his debut 6 years ago.

Not many more than Ribeiro, with all his problems, who's a year younger.

As with all new signings we can only trust the manager, give the player the benefit of the doubt, and hope for the best.

I've seen him a few times and think he's a decent enough player.

More of a Bradley Orr type right back, I think.

Tall, a trier and someone who gets up and down the pitch.

With where we are signing players not thought good enough for sides in the top ten is a reality.

As for Ribeiro I know he has had a more injury free season this time around (though is presently out for a month....), I just think our management team got bored of his unavailability.

Edwards can certainly claim to have been available far more often but to have been overlooked, though.

I've seen him a few times and think he's a decent enough player.

More of a Bradley Orr type right back, I think.

Tall, a trier and someone who gets up and down the pitch.

With where we are signing players not thought good enough for sides in the top ten is a reality.

As for Ribeiro I know he has had a more injury free season this time around (though is presently out for a month....), I just think our management team got bored of his unavailability.

Edwards can certainly claim to have been available far more often but to have been overlooked, though.

Encouraging that you've seen him and rate him as above Graham.

I noticed he's over 6ft and see a reasonable height as important for any defensive player these days. We've certainly had our fair share of smaller full backs who get out muscled or out jumped.

Regarding comparisons with Ribeiro. I was a big fan of him as a player, but am not disputing the decision to release him. My concern with Moloney would simply be his lack of appearances despite not suffering similar lengthy injuries as far as I know.

Hopefully he's now found a club where he can be first choice and develop in to the solid championship player SO'D obviously believes he can be.

I didn't see enough of Edwards to really make a judgement - he struck me as small (5ft 8") but a 100% trier who could forge a career in the lower divisions, but probably no more than that. He no doubt deserved a few more chances at City but I'd be very surprised if we ever have reason to rue his departure.

Anyone is better than Foster. On another note I think we will be playing 4 central midfielders regularly and therefore no need for a right winger...SOD plays narrow passing players rather than pacey wingers with width. I'm happy with that just spreading my opinion.

I said that on the team to face Leeds thread and got shot down. :icecream: I dont think he has ever played with wingers? I may be mistaken but just doesnt seem like his style.

Archived