IGNORED

Brendan Moloney

I don't think we've seen the last of Foster.I think SoD will like the effort he puts in and will put him in a more forward role with Moloney behind him. I don't think SoD likes out and out wingers from the comments about his preferred formations. So losing Albert may not be a problem to him, he can't play him if he's not here.

I don't think we've seen the last of Foster.I think SoD will like the effort he puts in and will put him in a more forward role with Moloney behind him. I don't think SoD likes out and out wingers from the comments about his preferred formations. So losing Albert may not be a problem to him, he can't play him if he's not here.

Didn't Foster play a similar 'more forward' role when on loan at Rangers?

Nah get Foster out & Maloney in at RB.

I would also give Mcinnes expensive strike force a run in the team together. Great pre season planning their wasting majority of his transfer budget on 2 strikers who he couldnt even fit or play in his preferred 451 formation :grr:

Heaton

Maloney Carey Fontaine Cunningham

Kelly Killa Skuse

Anderson

Baldock Davies

Nah get Foster out & Maloney in at RB.

I would also give Mcinnes expensive strike force a run in the team together. Great pre season planning their wasting majority of his transfer budget on 2 strikers who he couldnt even fit or play in his preferred 451 formation :grr:

Heaton

Maloney Carey Fontaine Cunningham

Kelly Killa Skuse

Anderson

Baldock Davies

Agreed!

As solid a line up as we could field tomorrow. I hope to see a rejuvenated front two!

Didn't Foster play a similar 'more forward' role when on loan at Rangers?
You could be right. With that and our new managers style of play and him saying about giving players roles they are comfortable with I think Foster will be playing, at least until we know our future. I think when Foster joined we were told he could play RB/LB and midfield, think that is part of the problem with players like this. Their versatility doesn't always help them master a position. This is a slight concern when I read Moloney offers much the same?

You could be right. With that and our new managers style of play and him saying about giving players roles they are comfortable with I think Foster will be playing, at least until we know our future.I think when Foster joined we were told he could play RB/LB and midfield, think that is part of the problem with players like this. Their versatility doesn't always help them master a position. This is a slight concern when I read Moloney offers much the same?

This.

....Fosters got little choice but to put in a lot of effort, surprised he can move at all with all the 'fans' on his back.

If SO'D sees something in him & sees fit to play him then as long as he's pulling on the red shirt perhaps everyone should try supporting him?

With a bit of encouragement from the stands & forum, self belief & confidence could play a part and maybe, just maybe, Foster will pleasantly surprise a few of us - maybe - but it's worth giving the guy a chance as long as SO'D thinks so too, doncha think?

Foster is the new Brian Wilson. Decent squad player as he can play almost anywhere to an average standard. Shouldn't really be starting tho.

So not a great footballer but a classic song writer with one of the best Bands of all time , God Only Knows but Wouldn't It Be Nice if he came up with some Good Vibrations ;-)))))

....Fosters got little choice but to put in a lot of effort, surprised he can move at all with all the 'fans' on his back.

If SO'D sees something in him & sees fit to play him then as long as he's pulling on the red shirt perhaps everyone should try supporting him?

With a bit of encouragement from the stands & forum, self belief & confidence could play a part and maybe, just maybe, Foster will pleasantly surprise a few of us - maybe - but it's worth giving the guy a chance as long as SO'D thinks so too, doncha think?

Absolutely agree wholeheartedly there squire.

So what are we looking at then?..

reading from the left.. Cunningham, Fontaine, Carey, Moloney to start ? or perhaps Foster may step inside pushing Carey to the bench ?

Some say he can play all over the park, some say he is literally all over the park, and some might say he should head to the nearest park on match day.

All I know is that he's called THE..... Versatile.

Haha, I actually don't think Foster is as bad as people like to make out, he's prone to panicking in possession though...

But, he'd get murdered through the middle. Carey should definitely start, best defender at the club.

So not a great footballer but a classic song writer with one of the best Bands of all time , God Only Knows but Wouldn't It Be Nice if he came up with some Good Vibrations ;-)))))

With the different positions he has played, you can understand why he wrote "I Get Around". His ball on to the crossbar which resulted in our penalty at Forest last season was the catalyst for our revival. Let's hope he can "Do It Again"

Archived