IGNORED

Sod Interviews To Player

Lewie

This is a relatively minor point given our current plight but does anyone else think that SOD comes across quite irritably & rudely towards the lads doing the website interviews?

I know the standard of interviewing isn't exactly Paxman but SOD must understand that these lads are part of our club and deserve slightly better from him? Those interviews are also his main communication to the fans so it's important to recognise that and treat them accordingly. Don't mind him coming across like an arse to outside press but BCFC press are surely different. I know it's very early days yet but I hope he warms up to this part of his job.

Like I said, a minor point but just wondered if anyone else had thought the same? To be fair, he could use the interviews whistle the hits of Kajagoogoo for all I care if he keeps us up!

He makes no secret of not enjoying the media side of the job and hates inane questions. I'm sure the people doing the interviews will learn how to ask interesting questions quickly enough. I'm sure anybody working in media has a thick enough skin to take it too :)

He makes no secret of not enjoying the media side of the job and hates inane questions. I'm sure the people doing the interviews will learn how to ask interesting questions quickly enough. I'm sure anybody working in media has a thick enough skin to take it too :)

Yes! We're all bored with the mundane cliches rattled out week in week out. Ask a stupid question...... And all that

Beanheads long enough in the tooth to realise this.

Impressed with SOD he may not enjoy the media aspect but he's honest and articulate for a northerner

I daresay that O'Driscoll would enjoy more pressing and interesting questions and the guys that work on Player will come to learn that inane questions don't get much of response from him.

One of the age old criticisms of Player has been the safe and docile questions all the interviewee's get asked. Now there's an opportunity to be a tad more forthright in what they ask. I get the impression that O'Driscoll would respond well to that.

Been here less than a week and people picking holes already.

Some of our fans really baffle me.

I did say it was only a minor point mate. Just wondered what others thought that's all. Not my intention to pick holes at all. As ever, it'll be what happens on the pitch that matters in the end. Hope that's not too baffling.

I daresay that O'Driscoll would enjoy more pressing and interesting questions and the guys that work on Player will come to learn that inane questions don't get much of response from him.

One of the age old criticisms of Player has been the safe and docile questions all the interviewee's get asked. Now there's an opportunity to be a tad more forthright in what they ask. I get the impression that O'Driscoll would respond well to that.

Fair point mate.

To be fair the interviewing technique has been awful since adam baker stopped doing it!

Asking the same questions twice! Not taking any notice of the answers just reeling another one off the list.

Almost at times prompting the player or manager to say the right cheesey things the fans wanna hear.

Balls to that SOD is here to do a job it's a serious business and he's taking no prisoners!

Fair play to him

Spot on

Ha I thought it was great, was getting so fed up of the McInnes interviews - more so because of the crap line if questioning.

They are certainly going to have to buck their ideas up or they could be in for a tough time!!!

Derek McIness was a dream for a young interviewer. Polite, enthusiastic, articulate and always gave time and full answers regardless of how inane a question was.

I guess we now have a better coach and a lesser interviewee - I'll settle for that.

With some decent questions the interviews become more insightful and certainly less cliched and predictable. There will never be polished spin from SOD and he seems honest and straightforward. The lad doing the interviewer does tend to do questions like "well, regardless of the 4-0 loss and being bottom of the table there were quite a few positives to take out the game weren't there?'

I don't want to be too hard on someone learning his trade but I think Adam might get a better interview. For the first time I noticed that part of the middle of the interview was even cut! SOD has a good rule of treating players how he would like to have been treated as a player and maybe he could cut a young lad learning his trade a bit of slack. If Adam and co want to follow a safety first approach then they can't go wrong with 'what was your view on the process today?'

Reporter on RB asked him " So towards the end of the game you put on plenty of attackers - especially at the end of the game?"

SOD (exasperated) " Well at 1-0 dowm with 15 minutes to go I'm not going to put a defender on"

Previously SOD had said " We took a lot of positives from the game, we did most things right, we defended as a team,were more organised, and reacted well when we lost the ball, we tried to get forward & create when we had possession"

RB Reporter " So what positves did you take from the game?"

Not surprising he gets PO with these questions

Reporter on RB asked him " So towards the end of the game you put on plenty of attackers - especially at the end of the game?"

SOD (exasperated) " Well at 1-0 dowm with 15 minutes to go I'm not going to put a defender on"

Previously SOD had said " We took a lot of positives from the game, we did most things right, we defended as a team,were more organised, and reacted well when we lost the ball, we tried to get forward & create when we had possession"

RB Reporter " So what positves did you take from the game?"

Not surprising he gets PO with these questions

Haha I like his response fair play. Lazy questions

Forget SO'D.s interview technique, i'm more concerned about the fact a ghost appears in 2:13 of the O'Driscoll video. Can clearly see him just appear and just wonder off about 10 seconds later. I certainly won't be sleeping tonight :ph34r:

I noticed this, was very very odd! also another one in the top right corner!

Derek McIness was a dream for a young interviewer. Polite, enthusiastic, articulate and always gave time and full answers regardless of how inane a question was.

I guess we now have a better coach and a lesser interviewee - I'll settle for that.

With some decent questions the interviews become more insightful and certainly less cliched and predictable. There will never be polished spin from SOD and he seems honest and straightforward. The lad doing the interviewer does tend to do questions like "well, regardless of the 4-0 loss and being bottom of the table there were quite a few positives to take out the game weren't there?'

I don't want to be too hard on someone learning his trade but I think Adam might get a better interview. For the first time I noticed that part of the middle of the interview was even cut! SOD has a good rule of treating players how he would like to have been treated as a player and maybe he could cut a young lad learning his trade a bit of slack. If Adam and co want to follow a safety first approach then they can't go wrong with 'what was your view on the process today?'

Questions like "is it a lack of consentration for the 4 goals you've conceded" annoy me iswell.

listend to his pre-match interview with radio bristol and its somthing he clearly doesnt want to do!.so long as he gets it right on the pitch we shall all be happy to accept Sod aint madia friendly....

Gordon Strachan is my favourite football manager for talking to the press. I wonder if he will tone it down now he is a national team manager.

O'Driscoll comes across as totally focused and business like to me and I am very happy with that. He has been honest that he doesn't like the media side of things although he knows he has to do it. He looked so awkward in the photos on bcfc.co.uk on the day after he was appointed, why did they get him to pose like that, did they really mistake him for a male model?

Considering that player is only available for those who can afford to pay for it, I couldn't care less how SOD speaks them.

It's hardly expensive - you could have just suggested to a family member that you would like it for Christmas - instead of Shower gel/socks/boxer shorts one could have been years player instead....... unless you were desperate for smellies or new pants ofc......

I get mine from my sister each year -

In someways I agree with the op. it doesn't bother me but it won't help him when we are under pressure from fans and press.

I don't think we'll see many appearances at Q&A's either and judging from some of the inane questions from some fans it could be for the best.

I read in one of the many articles about SO'D when he attended a press conference after a 6-0 defeat he mumbled something about waiting for the stupid questions. Two questions in a reporter asked him "how disappointed are you?". He stretched his arms out said "this much" got up and left the presser.

Like I said, this is him but I'm sure some will use it as a stick to beat him with if things don't go to plan

Archived