IGNORED

No Bobby Reid

6hobbsy66

I noticed Bobby Reid wasnt even in the squad yesterday,does anyone know if he is injured as i thought when he came on last week he looked really good and i went to see the u21 on tuesday night which SOD was at and he was the stand out player,he played in midfield with killkeny but looked a much better player than killkenny,everytime he picks the ball up he looks to be positive in going forward whereas killkenny always goes back or sideways and slows everything down.it just seems strange that all of a sudden hes not in squad again,also heard a rumour and may well only be a rumour that rovers are trying to get him on loan,perhaps that was who john ward was watching at the u21 game.

there are better midfielders in his position at the club, i would be worried if he's starting every game, Bit like Joe Edwards isnt gunna get a look in possibly move on? loan?

Have you watched any games this season?

The guy has like 3 or 4 apps all off the bench. He came on against LCFC who were 4 up and conserving energy. The U21s are a different level. As much as I hope he will turn into a great player for us, he may not be ready. When I see him from the start in a full 90, then i'll compare him to the likes of skuse et al. Is he due a start, probably, should he be hailed as better than our current crop...not just yet

The key is that we don't let him leave permanently this January.

Personally it would sensible to get him on loan to somewhere like Yeovil for the rest of the season, play 15 games and get battle-hardened for League One, because if we are relegated we will be building our side around young players like him.

there are better midfielders in his position at the club, i would be worried if he's starting every game, Bit like Joe Edwards isnt gunna get a look in possibly move on? loan?

Well it would be a struggle for him considering he's recently been sold to Yeovil.

I noticed Bobby Reid wasnt even in the squad yesterday,does anyone know if he is injured as i thought when he came on last week he looked really good and i went to see the u21 on tuesday night which SOD was at and he was the stand out player,he played in midfield with killkeny but looked a much better player than killkenny,everytime he picks the ball up he looks to be positive in going forward whereas killkenny always goes back or sideways and slows everything down.it just seems strange that all of a sudden hes not in squad again,also heard a rumour and may well only be a rumour that rovers are trying to get him on loan,perhaps that was who john ward was watching at the u21 game.

New Manager, fresh eyes and previously demotivated players will suddenly get a boost, Some senior players were pushed to the side due to poor performances, the new manager will give them a chance as no doubt they have upped their game

If Reid is good enough his chance will come again, quite simply he's just not done enough in training yet for the manager to pick him, with performances like Pearson yesterday, it probably won't be too long until he's back.

My favourite thing about Reid is the way he passes a ball, he just looks so natural, puts a bit of spin and bend on his side foot passes and looks to put it in front of whoever he's giving the ball.

When you've watched Marvin Elliot for so long i suppose it's natural to get gooey eyed about a kid who can pick and execute a pass!!!

My favourite thing about Reid is the way he passes a ball, he just looks so natural, puts a bit of spin and bend on his side foot passes and looks to put it in front of whoever he's giving the ball.

When you've watched Marvin Elliot for so long i suppose it's natural to get gooey eyed about a kid who can pick and execute a pass!!

One of my continuing moans at games is the inability of most of our senior professionals to put a simple pass a few yards in front of an oncoming colleague or to continually underhit a pass that he has to wait for it to arrive and so momentum is lost. Surely not that difficult even for our players.

The guy has like 3 or 4 apps all off the bench. He came on against LCFC who were 4 up and conserving energy. The U21s are a different level. As much as I hope he will turn into a great player for us, he may not be ready. When I see him from the start in a full 90, then i'll compare him to the likes of skuse et al. Is he due a start, probably, should he be hailed as better than our current crop...not just yet

Why not? Our current midfield is full of abject failures (apart from Kelly, who it's too early to get a handle on). He's not a little kid, he's nearly 20. And he's looked more than capable of stepping up from the cameos we've seen from him and from his performances in the reserves.

City have just signed Kelly who could turn out to be 'the best attacking midfielder at the club'. I'm not sure that Reid is ready for a relegation battle at Championship level. He's a tad lightwieght imo.

best keep him around for next seasons league one relegation battle then

Archived