IGNORED

Birmingham City - Administration

Ben4BCFC

Apologies if I'm slow off the mark, but news spreading around twitter is that Birmingham have about ten days to find six million or else they enter administration and suffer a hefty points deduction as well as losing a lot of players. Many fans think it'll be the end of Clark as well as the end of their Championship status.

Can't find anything about it online as an official report but seems too much talk for it to be complete horsemuck.

I hate to see any club go into financial trouble and potentially go bust/fold, but could a point deduction for Brum combined with all their troubles, and potentially leaving them filling one of the relegation spots, give us that little bit more hope in staying up? Could they be our Pompey of 2013...?

Just some of the tweets...

https://twitter.com/EdFitter/status/292614753824681984

https://twitter.com/mike_farrell95/status/291315077859143682

https://twitter.com/Dean084/status/293329539235475457

https://twitter.com/barton1875/status/293332005154856961

https://twitter.com/nick_spooner/status/293326673833758720

https://twitter.com/iSabreman/status/292670177668132867

I hate to see any club go into financial trouble and potentially go bust/fold, but could a point deduction for Brum combined with all their troubles, and potentially leaving them filling one of the relegation spots, give us that little bit more hope in staying up? Could they be our Pompey of 2013...?

"our" Pompey of 2013...? Care to elaborate..?

It's not like Pompey's points deduction kept us up last season!

If it is true then their saving grace is that they have an asset they can realise for £6M in the keeper Jack Butland

My guess would be (again, if true) that buying clubs would force a hard bargain and they would not get even near that value, especially if Birmingham were pushing for a larger than normal percentage of the fee to be paid upfront

They're desperate to offload Zigic & King.

Wouldn't mind Zig but not on his current 55k a week salary

They tried to sell Zigic to Villareal last week but the Spanish club said no thanks when they realised he was on what they called a "Man U style salary"!

They tried to sell Zigic to Villareal last week but the Spanish club said no thanks when they realised he was on what they called a "Man U style salary"!

I fear the same could happen to QPR when they get relegated. Haven't they just signed someone on a Zigic-esque wage, plus all their other mercenaries wouldn't have come cheap.

"our" Pompey of 2013...? Care to elaborate..?

It's not like Pompey's points deduction kept us up last season!

I probably didn't word that particularly eloquently. I meant the 'our' in reference to how Pompey weren't 'ours' last season but Barnsley's. Maybe this year we could benefit from someone else's downfall, in this sense, potentially Birmingham. Apologies.

If they had 10 points deducted right now it would help, but we would still be knee deep in it.

True, but they would be shafted with a manager who gives the impression of not being all that and this coupled with having to sell if decent offers come in for their better assets of which Zigic is not one. He is the definition of a financial liability.

I probably didn't word that particularly eloquently. I meant the 'our' in reference to how Pompey weren't 'ours' last season but Barnsley's. Maybe this year we could benefit from someone else's downfall, in this sense, potentially Birmingham. Apologies.

I will gratefully take that at the moment!

Should not even be thinking about this yet,and not relying on another clubs misfortune.We should just be concentrating on getting another 20-30 points

I think if we only get another 20 points, then this is exactly the sort of situation that we are going to need to concentrate on!!

Are you serious? 55k for a Champ player? There was no break clause? beggars belief the people running these clubs who sign up to these contracts without one. Dear oh dear.

Back on topic... yes it will fill a releg spot and help us along nicely... and do I care?... urmmmmm.....

Not a jot. Foreign owners get no sympathy from me when they run clubs like a 4 year old understanding how finally not to poop his pants... its messy at first and then they think its all under control not realising it takes time.

Think it started with a chinese guy, think he was from Hong Kong not sure, he put a lots of cash in Brum. Then I think he was jailed for taxes. Not sure but I know they had economic trouble since they came in this leauge. Minus 10 points for them should our odds getting better to survail. Not a good situation for Birmingham, but as a City supporter I will not cry if its true. The mainthing is that we shell play in this leauge next season.

Are you serious? 55k for a Champ player? There was no break clause? beggars belief the people running these clubs who sign up to these contracts without one. Dear oh dear.

My mate worked with a bloke ITK at Birmingham the other year and he said contracts were cut by 50% if they were relegated and doubled if they were promoted. That was under Gold & Sullivan and obviously quite devisive among the players as some took the 50% pay cut and others moved on quickly both times they went down recently.

Obviously a good season in the Premiership and that was hurled out the window when Zigic was offered to the club by his agent, which I believe is the case.

for £55k a week, should his agent be sent down for fraudulant activity?

My mate worked with a bloke ITK at Birmingham the other year and he said contracts were cut by 50% if they were relegated and doubled if they were promoted. That was under Gold & Sullivan and obviously quite devisive among the players as some took the 50% pay cut and others moved on quickly both times they went down recently.

Obviously a good season in the Premiership and that was hurled out the window when Zigic was offered to the club by his agent, which I believe is the case.

for £55k a week, should his agent be sent down for fraudulant activity?

Bit strong to suggest that is or might be the case squire.

With what you may know or suggest it seems to me the Agent should be given a whopping great big bonus by his client and I suspect he has already received it.

One of my managers is a Birmingham season ticket holder and he said to me before Xmas if the dont sell these 2 there in trouble not only for that reason but reasons deeper into the club.

Didn't mention it on here when he told me as I was peed off with everything, now with optimism and belief in our new manager I'm hoping we get out the sh£&e with a but of help from a team getting dicked 10 pts

One of my managers is a Birmingham season ticket holder and he said to me before Xmas if the dont sell these 2 there in trouble not only for that reason but reasons deeper into the club.

Didn't mention it on here when he told me as I was peed off with everything, now with optimism and belief in our new manager I'm hoping we get out the sh£&e with a but of help from a team getting dicked 10 pts

chris burke = quality

Archived