IGNORED

League 1

KeepUpLino

Since SOD has been appointed there's definitely a more positive feel around the place but let's face it, we're down!!! I think it, you think it, SOD thinks it.

We have a team full of useless professionals and a meagre offering of great potential ie baldock, Davies, Cunningham, Kelly, Bryan, burns, Reid... In your opinions, how do you think we should approach next year in league 1?, who should be kept? Who should leave?... If we start preparing now surely we can make a sharp return!!

Approach league one with one aim: promotion.

Play some good football and keep the likes of:

GK: New

RB: New

CB: McFadzean

CB: New

LB: Cunningham

DM: Skuse

CM: Kelly

CM: Reid/New

RW: New

LW: New

ST: Baldock

Sell Adomah and sell/release all the bigger earners to free up funds to revamp a squad that's determined to get promotion at the first time of asking and play some tidy stuff.

Approach league one with one aim: promotion.

Play some good football and keep the likes of:

GK: New

RB: New

CB: McFadzean

CB: New

LB: Cunningham

DM: Skuse

CM: Kelly

CM: Reid/New

RW: New

LW: New

ST: Baldock

Sell Adomah and sell/release all the bigger earners to free up funds to revamp a squad that's determined to get promotion at the first time of asking and play some tidy stuff.

baldock will want to leave, get rid of skuse. Sell our decent players to free up wages, get rid of shite, morris, elliot, pearson, foster, wilson, bates.. keep to our new policy.. and adding a few older players iswell.

With SOD in charge we can certainly challenge in league 1.. but we're not down yet.

baldock will want to leave, get rid of skuse. Sell our decent players to free up wages, get rid of shite, morris, elliot, pearson, foster, wilson, bates.. keep to our new policy.. and adding a few older players iswell.

With SOD in charge we can certainly challenge in league 1.. but we're not down yet.

Baldock might not want to leave, he's not going to enjoy moving clubs for the third time already. Plus he has another 2 years on his contract.

Skuse would be a great player at league one level.

I would hope SOD could persuade a few of our young stars to stay on ie baldock n davies

If we go down I believe a lot of players will be handing in transfer requests, i.e Cunningham, Adomah, and Baldock. We will need to sell and build our team around younger players such as Reid and Burns and must look to achieve promotion within the the first season and come back up stronger and more prepared to avoid another relegation battle.

Baldock might not want to leave, he's not going to enjoy moving clubs for the third time already. Plus he has another 2 years on his contract.

Skuse would be a great player at league one level.

most our players will be good league 1 level.. doesn't mean I want them to stay.. I want fresh faces in, new ideas new different players..

Baldocks a very respected championship player.. says alot when west ham fans wanted to keep him in the prem.. no way will he drop down to league 1

most our players will be good league 1 level.. doesn't mean I want them to stay.. I want fresh faces in, new ideas new different players..

Baldocks a very respected championship player.. says alot when west ham fans wanted to keep him in the prem.. no way will he drop down to league 1

He may not have a choice. He's got another 2 years on his contract. If SOD wants to keep him then he'll have to stay.

If we go down, I would keep :

Cunningham, Bryan, Reid, Kelly, Adomah, Anderson, Davies, Baldock, Burns

If we stay up - the same.

The rest are not good enough, get rid sharpish.

Extreme - Hell Yeah. Drastic measures required.

I do like the idea of building around the youth team.. Albert we can get a tasty £3M from.. davies we can get a bit for iswell.

Players like Kelly i can imagine him being the lynch pin in a lower division. he seems that sort of player.

Since SOD has been appointed there's definitely a more positive feel around the place but let's face it, we're down!!! I think it, you think it, SOD thinks it. We have a team full of useless professionals and a meagre offering of great potential ie baldock, Davies, Cunningham, Kelly, Bryan, burns, Reid... In your opinions, how do you think we should approach next year in league 1?, who should be kept? Who should leave?... If we start preparing now surely we can make a sharp return!!
Just I interested have you seen any matches or training sessions SOD has been in charge of? I certainly have nt given up since seeing the lads at Elland rd and had nt before. But maybe you have a deeper insight into what has gone on in the last week since we have has a new manager?

I would keep hold of Heaton, won't get many better than him in the division below.

Just I interested have you seen any matches or training sessions SOD has been in charge of?I certainly have nt given up since seeing the lads at Elland rd and had nt before. But maybe you have a deeper insight into what has gone on in the last week since we have has a new manager?

No mate i didn't go to elland rd I'm afraid the answers no don't know something you don't!

I predict we will improve greatly this season under SOD but will fall short as we've left it too late, god it would be amazing if we pulled of the great escape but it would take an effort of epic proportion.

No chance of keeping Albert even if we stay up.

True enough. But since it's a thread created from fantasy land I thought I'd play along.

Basically apart from those I've listed, the rest are either out of contract so I wouldn't bother renewing, or they should be told to find another club cuz they're not good enough.

Agree with Jordan - if Adomah wants to leave and ply his trade in the Championship/Premiership then sale him - let most players contracts run down - tell them that they do not feature in our plans and we will look for clubs / loans for them.... if they do not move on they will just rot in the reserves/reserves training so will be in their interest to move on.

Leaving us with Baldock, Anderson, Reid, Skuse, Kelly, Cunningham, McFadzean, Davies (sub), Amdi-Holloway (sub), Carey GK (sub),

624880_Bristol_City.jpg

Bring in new players for 1st team

Goal Keeper

Centre Back

Right Back

Attacking Midfield right/centre

for subs / cover

CB/

DR/C

DL/C

AM/L/R

DM

MC

S

A squad of 21 players (more than enough with the U21's/loans able to play - until we need a full squad to cover premiership/cups/champions league). Which means finding 11 players - which will be a tough call.

The players to go would be

Heaton

Gerken

Foster

Wilson

Fontaine

Nyatanga

Carey

Kilkenny

Pearson

Morris

Elliott

Adomah (for the money)

Stead

Taylor

With those 14 going, we should have cash for some decent players - a lower wage bill, smaller more compact squad.... It also feels like we have never had a good clear out at the club, we seem to accumulate players all the time, and even though we let a few go here and there we never seem to have had a chance to pause and hit the reset button.

BTW: Of the 2 new players - 1 needs to be brave/mouthy/organiser/ we can build the defence around - captain figure, that we can get to stay at the club (aka Carey replacement), and one needs to be a midfielder able to control a games pace / good passing / Vision.

There you go - I'm not asking much am I :icecream:

Don't envy SOD one bit.

Good to know our support has got some fight left in them isn't it!!

Who would be the first ones moaning if the team went out from now on and gave up like some on here have.

I don't mean to bring negativity, ill be there roaring the team on just like you, I really do hope it's not to late ?

Archived