IGNORED

Motd 2

Eco

Seems Chappers is replacing Colin M next season. Bit of a shame as I quite like Murray, bit off kilter sometimes and not afraid to ask pertinent fan-type questions.

Maybe he's got too much on his plate as he seems to be everywhere these days, although Chapman is as well come to think of it.

I am very happy about this news. Colin Murray is an excellent radio presenter, I think he's great on 5 Live, but on TV he just comes across as annoying. Chappers is a very solid presenter, I like him. I would also like Dan Walker to be given a larger role, perhaps taking over the MOTD reigns from Lineker once he's had enough?

Seems Chappers is replacing Colin M next season. Bit of a shame as I quite like Murray, bit off kilter sometimes and not afraid to ask pertinent fan-type questions.

Maybe he's got too much on his plate as he seems to be everywhere these days, although Chapman is as well come to think of it.

I'm with you - he's a bit different to the usual bland style of "say nothing" presenting.

Think part of the reason is that MoTD2 is effectively a bigger gig in terms of matches than the Saturday version (it's now on beeb1).

Surprised Lineker hasn't been told to do it.... Perhaps he doesn't do Sundays.

Colin Murray has to be the most annoying presenter of them all. He tries too hard to be witty and one of the boys.His Ulster accent irritates me no end. Its only his particular accent that irritates and not the Ulster accent per say. I can't say I'm sorry to be him replaced.

The presenter doesn't particularly bother me too much on either MOTD or MOTD2, the problem is the terrible pundits and analysis (especially on a Saturday). They aren't helped by the lack of available time and the rush to get things prepared before they go on air, but even still the likes of Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer et al offer a pathetic summary of the action.

Contrast the current BBC offerings to Sky and they just look amatuerish.

Colin Murray has to be the most annoying presenter of them all. He tries too hard to be witty and one of the boys.His Ulster accent irritates me no end. Its only his particular accent that irritates and not the Ulster accent per say. I can't say I'm sorry to be him replaced.

Au contraire, I prefer CM's N Irish accent to someone like Ian Paisley or Gerry Adams which are both 'harsh' if you know what I mean.

I suppose it would be boring if everyone agreed with everything !

Agree with this line of thinking regarding most skills in life... more or less saying that Shearer, Hansen, etc. are totals ****s.

Especially agree with: "(The BBC) It is the leaden heavyweights of the punditry sofa who should be in the process of being swept aside in a long-awaited punditry annihilation, a mass-junking of all that old, gruelling heavy-furniture, weathered by cliché, slumped in an attitude of belligerent complacency, silencing rather than starting debate, hugely over-remunerated for a service that offers, essentially, no service."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/blog/2013/jan/22/colin-murray-motd2-bbc?CMP=twt_gu

The presenter doesn't particularly bother me too much on either MOTD or MOTD2, the problem is the terrible pundits and analysis (especially on a Saturday). They aren't helped by the lack of available time and the rush to get things prepared before they go on air, but even still the likes of Hansen, Lawrenson, Shearer et al offer a pathetic summary of the action.

Contrast the current BBC offerings to Sky and they just look amatuerish.

This is absolutely the truth in my opinion.

Garth Crooks anyone? When he's on I turn over and put the radio on, he's an absolute mongtard.

If he was a dog he's be taken out into the snow and shot.

Wow - I got my annual "agree with Robbored" in early this year. Murray was almost as irritating as the tits that present the FL show.

It passed the Adrian Chiles test, that test being that if the individual in question is not Adrian Chiles, they are fine to present sports programmes.

The only expection to this test is of course the Alan Lawrenson test.

Personally I like Colin and I don't think he's going to struggle for work.

Agree with this line of thinking regarding most skills in life... more or less saying that Shearer, Hansen, etc. are totals ****s.

Especially agree with: "(The BBC) It is the leaden heavyweights of the punditry sofa who should be in the process of being swept aside in a long-awaited punditry annihilation, a mass-junking of all that old, gruelling heavy-furniture, weathered by cliché, slumped in an attitude of belligerent complacency, silencing rather than starting debate, hugely over-remunerated for a service that offers, essentially, no service."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/blog/2013/jan/22/colin-murray-motd2-bbc?CMP=twt_gu

Too right.

Hansen is my particular pet hate, whilst it is patently obvious that Shearer is rubbish and Lawrenson looks bored, Hansen somehow convinces people that he knows what he is on about despite clearly doing no research and endlessly repeating the same 5 or 6 phrases for the last nine years.

It is simply a disgrace how much this arrogant fool is being paid by the BBC.

Quite like Chappers but agree its the pundits that need a refresh not the presenter. MOTD2 used to be the better show when it first started because it had better pundits, now it tends to have the same old boys

Quite like Chappers but agree its the pundits that need a refresh not the presenter. MOTD2 used to be the better show when it first started because it had better pundits, now it tends to have the same old boys

I don't think the pundits are too bad but can't understand why they binned one of the better one in Lee Dixon.

I am very happy about this news. Colin Murray is an excellent radio presenter, I think he's great on 5 Live, but on TV he just comes across as annoying. Chappers is a very solid presenter, I like him. I would also like Dan Walker to be given a larger role, perhaps taking over the MOTD reigns from Lineker once he's had enough?

Dan Walker never had a chance of getting the motd2 job. Mainly because he's highly religious and refuses to work Sunday's

Archived