IGNORED

Well That Confirms It

leadman

no money for new players.

going down.

Thats the spirit! Assuming that is the case thats what happens when you constantly sack managers, I believe you were calling for Dels head? Well, You cant always get your cake and eat it. Besides i've not seen anywhere that there is no money for signings, attracting them may be the difficulty. Even Del said,any transfers may depend on how results go through January.

The only thing we can do (especially those that wanted a managerial change) is get down the gate, add some money to the funds and show some encouragement and pray for a miracle

Leadman and Redoxo,

I have enjoyed our chats in the chat room for the last couple of years. You two are amongst my favourite posters on here, I would love to meet ou both "F2F" someday.

BUT!!!

WTF?!!?!??

What possible use is rendered by giving up?

I am a realist, I know how bad things look right now but ( I say again, WTF?).

Psychology is a wierd and wonderful thing. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that belief is a HUGE part in ultimate success in any venture. Certainly, "we are doomed" has ' self-fulfilling prophecy' written all over it.

The key to success in life (and therefore probably in sport), is BELIEF. Without belief, there is no chance of success, it is essential, it is key, it is EVERYTHING.

The books tell us, that we cannot succeed without belief. How can you believe when faced with such dire performances every week? Easy. Just BELIEVE! Fake it 'til you make it . Lie to yourself. Put on the rose-tinted spectacles, do whatever you have to do,, but be certain of this.

WE ARE NOT RELEGATED UNTIL THE ARITHMETIC SAYS WE ARE! Until then, no matter what it looks like, we MUST believe! No matter what you might think within the private seclusion of your own head, we WILL go down if that is what we believe, it will transfer from the terrace to the pitch, and we WILL generate a self- fulfilling prophecy. OR.

We can decide to,have faith. We can choose to BELIEVE. It doesn't have to be grounded in 'fact' or be 'realistic'. It just has to be a SINCERE belief.

So, howsabout we try a couple of weeks where we, the fans, suspend disbelief for a while and PRETEND we BELIEVE we will survive? Who knows? We might actually conspire to create a different self- fulfilling prophecy?

This post is contentious I know. There will be many of you wanting to take issue with what I am saying. My plea is simple. Belief costs nothing. Please let's have a couple of weeks where we are not surrendering, not caving in to our perception of fate.

In short, I summarise thus:

COYRs

i only wanted dell out after the millwall game.

if you read the transfer update statement, it says the florist guy is coming if hes free, mcmanus sent back cuz hes too expensive, no deal yet for bates, this is all pointing to NO MONEY for new players.

i just cant see what we have is good enough to get us out of the relegation zone.

me being cynical, last years last 8 or 9 game(end of season) improvment came cuz lansdown poped his head in the dressing room and said 20k bonus if we stay up.

i do think last weeks performance sounded better defensivly, me, well id go and try and outscore teams, b****** to it, get the place full and intimidating again,.

next 2 games are just massive, stead and taylor just cant get the nodd at home, balders or/and davis for me,.

comw what may, ill be cheering em on, ONLINE OFFCOURSE

AND BELIEF WILL START WHEN THE PLAYERS START BELIEVING

No deal for Bates because he's been ill since SoD came in I believe. Would you rather we gave him a contract before finding out of SoD actually rates him and wants to keep hold of him?

nope

but we do have dvd players at the gate, im sure some of the coaching staff and senior players could have some input.

without bates its carey,fonts,wilson and nyatanga.

if you read the transfer update statement, it says the florist guy is coming if hes free, mcmanus sent back cuz hes too expensive, no deal yet for bates, this is all pointing to NO MONEY for new players.

i just cant see what we have is good enough to get us out of the relegation zone.

me being cynical, last years last 8 or 9 game(end of season) improvment came cuz lansdown poped his head in the dressing room and said 20k bonus if we stay up.

i do think last weeks performance sounded better defensivly, me, well id go and try and outscore teams, b****** to it, get the place full and intimidating again,.

next 2 games are just massive, stead and taylor just cant get the nodd at home, balders or/and davis for me,.

We just spent 200k on Kelly McManus was on stupid money and bates is bed ridden

Leadman and Redoxo,

I have enjoyed our chats in the chat room for the last couple of years. You two are amongst my favourite posters on here, I would love to meet ou both "F2F" someday.

BUT!!!

WTF?!!?!??

Psychology is a wierd and wonderful thing. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that belief is a HUGE part in ultimate success in any venture. Certainly, "we are doomed" has ' self-fulfilling prophecy' written all over it.

The key to success in life (and therefore probably in sport), is BELIEF. Without belief, there is no chance of success, it is essential, it is key, it is EVERYTHING.

The books tell us, that we cannot succeed without belief. How can you believe when faced with such dire performances every week? Easy. Just BELIEVE! Fake it 'til you make it . Lie to yourself. Put on the rose-tinted spectacles, do whatever you have to do,, but be certain of this.

WE ARE NOT RELEGATED UNTIL THE ARITHMETIC SAYS WE ARE! Until then, no matter what it looks like, we MUST believe! No matter what you might think within the private seclusion of your own head, we WILL go down if that is what we believe, it will transfer from the terrace to the pitch, and we WILL generate a self- fulfilling prophecy. OR.

We can decide to,have faith. We can choose to BELIEVE. It doesn't have to be grounded in 'fact' or be 'realistic'. It just has to be a SINCERE belief.

So, howsabout we try a couple of weeks where we, the fans, suspend disbelief for a while and PRETEND we BELIEVE we will survive? Who knows? We might actually conspire to create a different self- fulfilling prophecy?

This post is contentious I know. There will be many of you wanting to take issue with what I am saying. My plea is simple. Belief costs nothing. Please let's have a couple of weeks where we are not surrendering, not caving in to our perception of fate.

COYRs

Remind me never to go into the chat room.

In every season since 2005 the team at the bottom of the table on this date in the season were relegated at the end of that season.

That's some record to break.

Possible, but highly improbable.

See you Saturday!

In every season since 2005 the team at the bottom of the table on this date in the season were relegated at the end of that season. That's some record to break. Possible, but highly improbable. See you Saturday!
Agreed Paul, highly improbable. But until it is actually impossible, I cannot see the point of surrendering.

Going Down?.........

So what.....give me the highs & heartbreaks of being a Bristol City fan all my life over supporting a team that have nothing to do with me or my heritage anyday.........

Have to admit that deep deep down I am secretly quite looking forward to L1 if it happens.....there always felt more of a fun day out at away games in L1 or even the old 4th when we were in the basement...

Anyway it ain't over till it's over so relax , make some noise and enjoy it.....you never know....stranger things have happened as they say....

Leadman and Redoxo,

BUT!!!

WTF?!!?!??

COYRs

total it,s all there

see you down there sat.

Going Down?.........

So what.....give me the highs & heartbreaks of being a Bristol City fan all my life over supporting a team that have nothing to do with me or my heritage anyday.........

Have to admit that deep deep down I am secretly quite looking forward to L1 if it happens.....there always felt more of a fun day out at away games in L1 or even the old 4th when we were in the basement...

Anyway it ain't over till it's over so relax , make some noise and enjoy it.....you never know....stranger things have happened as they say....

Got to be honest, I agree with this.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the ride and was in dreamland at Wembley thinking how close we were to getting into the Prem.

But my journey with City started properly in the old 4th division, and as FOD says, days out were more fun then, maybe because we were playing (or trying to) good football in amongst the hoofers, and we were seen as quite a big club then, where as now we are a small club with a low average turnout that can boast that 40k turn out at Wembley for the Paint Pot trophy equivalent.

But, we aren't down yet!

Which part of "Bates is ill" do you not comprehend ?

Leadman and Redoxo,

BUT!!!

WTF?!!?!??

COYRs

Fantastic post! I'm preparing for division one next season, but this has cheered me up. There is always hope. Why don't you apply for a job as a motivational psychologist at City. You would be worth at least 10 extra points.

In every season since 2005 the team at the bottom of the table on this date in the season were relegated at the end of that season.

That's some record to break.

Possible, but highly improbable.

See you Saturday!

But did the teams that were bottom on this date have a game in hand? Potentially we could be 2nd bottom.

Fantastic post! I'm preparing for division one next season, but this has cheered me up. There is always hope. Why don't you apply for a job as a motivational psychologist at City. You would be worth at least 10 extra points.

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. Henry Ford

I too just logged on here and then went frantically searching for a club statement.

My views are that I can't believe SoD would have come to us if his hands were completely tied, ie no more money. The board have always been supportive of managers in the past regarding money. They know what situation we are in and with anything in life you can't do much without spending. Okay we know we have to tighten things up and at least they have now appointed a manager who is likely to do that.

I think it's a good thing Sod has come out and said McManus is too expensive, sounds like he knows the 'going rate' and we weren't getting good value. Maybe if the player had made a huge difference he might be saying otherwise. Same with the other player on a free, he has experience of who is available and for what, maybe there are better players out there for a fee if we are thinking of spending?

I'm not all doom and gloom, we have the club in an experienced pair of hands now and I'm sure the board will back him financially or otherwise.

After all we will finish the season where we deserve to be!

Archived