IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jordan Tansley

That's the trouble Carey is our best defender but can we play 3 games in a week?

Bang on!

He’s the best central defender by a country mile but there is no chance that he can last to the end of the season without missing a few matches due to injury, gout or misc odd injuries such as dropping a BBQ on his toe. Hopefully SoD has a couple of central defenders lined up as loan signings

He was much improved today. I'm pretty sure he was fouled for the goal, it will be interesting to see the replay. He did made a few key tackles and clearances and although there were two errors it was a much better defensive unit over all. Confidence works wonders, let's try not to destroy it.

I fully agree.

I thought he looked more confident and made several important tackles particularly in the first half.

Had a decent game at Leeds last week as well, by all accounts.

Agree about Marv. He doesn't actually look like a footballer anymore.

Unfortunately watching Marv is like watching a pub team who are short of players and have to play an O.A.P. who had just turned up to watch. It’s an awful thing to say but the truth is there always a point when it’s time for a player to move on. Marv’s time was approx 2 years ago.

Skuse had a stinker today it has to be said, cunningham likewise but both never gave up. Kilkenny was very good and in the first half put in more tackles than any other players. His link up play with kelly looked very promising aswell. Even saw him head it a few times!

Yeah captain fantatstic was again poor today. Some patheitc moments from him.

Kelly's his replacement for me. Although no world beater he got more to his game than Skuse has.

You're serious? Fontaine was truly woeful yet again, I forgot to mention the endless hoofs to nobody that SOD mentioned too.

He's useless.

Yep, serious. Since the captains armband has been taken from him he has looked much better and you can see the confidence returning to his play. He will play a massive part in City getting out of this mess.

we improved when kelly moved into the middle,Fontaine was better...but still cost us a goal and constant hoofing puts us under pressure giving the ball away and i agree the czeck guy upfront will run rings around him Tuesday,but hope im wrong,but at least there was effort and balls shown in the second half today to give us hope COYR

He was much improved today. I'm pretty sure he was fouled for the goal, it will be interesting to see the replay. He did made a few key tackles and clearances and although there were two errors it was a much better defensive unit over all. Confidence works wonders, let's try not to destroy it.

Confidence is what the team needs. 3 points today can have made good feelings in the squad. Only seen one game so far this season. Fonts and the whole team have not been good. With this win hope its gonna change and the points will come. Since the new gaffer came on we have conceded 2 goals in 2 games thats a step in the right direction. As many of you say, Fonts is better when Carey plays. My question is, have we a better player in Fontaines position?

SOD needs to get on the training pitch with Fontaine.. and teach him how to play an affective ball in the game. Not just lump it anywhere.

He was poor once again, you just know whats going to happen when he gets the ball anywhere near him.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No. Give us a clue.

I thought Fontaine, despite appearing more confident alongside LOUIS, didn't have the best of games again today. Distribution being particularly bad. Theres a good player in there somewhere mind.

I thought, although still nowhere near his best, Liam played OK today, especially first half.

A couple of times, as has already been pointed out, he seemed reluctant to make a tackle and he let the opposition forward run too far with the ball, but on the whole he was reasonable enough. Of course it goes without saying that he still appears to be panicking when the ball is at his feet and could learn a lot from Louis about how to play the ball out from the back, but hopefully this will naturaly improve as he (fingers crossed) regains his confidence over the next few games.

If people are talking about passengers, Elliot is your man from today's game. For someone who's job it is to get at the opposition the game just totally passed him by for the 20 odd min he was on. Sadly, after a couple mediocre seasons it doesn't look like he will be getting back to his old self anytime soon.

Confidence is what the team needs. 3 points today can have made good feelings in the squad. Only seen one game so far this season. Fonts and the whole team have not been good. With this win hope its gonna change and the points will come. Since the new gaffer came on we have conceded 2 goals in 2 games thats a step in the right direction. As many of you say, Fonts is better when Carey plays. My question is, have we a better player in Fontaines position?

And this is the problem - no, we don't have a better alternative. Carey/Fontaine is by some distance our best centre back pair. Nyatanga is awful, J Wilson doesn't look good enough when I see him (and is right sided) and Bates is ill. I definitely think we should sign at least one, preferably two centre halves, but until we do we need Fontaine to play with confidence.

And this is the problem - no, we don't have a better alternative. Carey/Fontaine is by some distance our best centre back pair. Nyatanga is awful, J Wilson doesn't look good enough when I see him (and is right sided) and Bates is ill. I definitely think we should sign at least one, preferably two centre halves, but until we do we need Fontaine to play with confidence.

Ok, the Crawley seems no fit so I dont think he is coming in. Dont think its so easy to get 1 or 2 cb in. It will for sure be needed when Carey probably not can play the rest of the games.The thing is Imo is more difficault to bring cb in the team than other positions. OD is the manager and Im sure he knows what to do. Once again what a nice win.

It is a problem, but I wonder if Nyatanga is worse than Fontaine now. Last time he played, he did at least close down and defend, even if his distribution made Jamie McAllister look like Pique.

He probably was. But he stopped to complain, and that's why they scored.

PLAY UNTIL THE WHISTLE.

If people are talking about passengers, Elliot is your man from today's game. For someone who's job it is to get at the opposition the game just totally passed him by for the 20 odd min he was on. Sadly, after a couple mediocre seasons it doesn't look like he will be getting back to his old self anytime soon.

Elliot is finished. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team but that's not his fault. Injuries taking their toll or whatever, he's just not up to it anymore. It's a great shame.

Is Fontaine having a bad season? Oh...

A player who seems to have a decent reputation with other clubs for no real reason. He should be sold in the summer when an adequate replacement can be found.

Is LF having a bad season? **** a duck, my nan could produce better at 86yrs old!!!!!!!

Elliot is finished. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team but that's not his fault. Injuries taking their toll or whatever, he's just not up to it anymore. It's a great shame.

I was watching him quite closely as he warmed up just in front of me prior to his coming on and his joint movements were so awkward they looked like mine feel! - do we ever send players for full-scale biomechanical analysis?

I'm sure we shall keep all current players until seasons end. Then big changes will be made to to contracts ending etc. I do hope we sell Fontaine, nyatanga, foster, j.wilson, Elliot and Taylor. Morris I will pay to have put into retirement but the rest could be built around with a few quality additions depending on our league status. I can see mcfadzean and another new centre back being a partnership for us next season with Cunningham and Moloney on with side. I hope we keep adomah but if we get good money, that will help form the basis of a good first team/squad

Jordan said it best in the opening post. Back off, back off, back off.

At one point in the 2nd half, their striker picked up a ball down the channel, near to the corner flag. Fonts could and should have closed him down before the guy had a chance to get the ball under control and turn. But no, he decided to stay 8 yards back, let him turn and dribble towards him, and then just back away and back away until the bloke was about 8 yards from goal. I was livid!! Screaming at him, DON'T BACK OFF. I honestly believe the bloke has NO CLUE how to defend when someone is running at him.

Archived