IGNORED

Liam Fontaine

Jordan Tansley

I thought Fontaine was better today, particularly aerially. He certainly seemed more positionally alert as well. That said he got skinned on the outside at least twice but overall today was one of his better performances this season.

The only difference between this performance and previous ones is how many of his awful mistakes were punished.

Didn't win a header second half, didn't make a challenge all game.

Has to go

I thought Fontaine was better today, particularly aerially. He certainly seemed more positionally alert as well. That said he got skinned on the outside at least twice but overall today was one of his better performances this season.

Just because it wasn't as woeful and shoking as it they have been does not mean he is immune to any cauplability and does not mean he merits a place in the team and cannot be replaced. He's still weak, cannot lead and we can no longer count on him to stand up and be counted and give his all like we can with Carey. He's cost us soo many points this season (he's not the only one of course) no longer the player he once was.

Has he been banned from making a challenge? Back off back off back off.

The bloke is gonna cost us more than he already has if he doesn't take a bit of responsibility.

Carey. Now that's a defender, absolutely collosal today. Needs to play every week.

if we/Fontaine backs off the way we/he has all season on tuesday night it could end in double figures. They are on a roll and are lightning quick, not a good time to be playing them.

Today he was appalling. A player totally lacking in confidence! Carey was very good, our best centre back by milessssss. Anderson, Davies and Kilkenny all had decent games.

Maloney's run down the right side in the first half was quite good as well!

Today he was appalling. A player totally lacking in confidence! Carey was very good, our best centre back by milessssss. Anderson, Davies and Kilkenny all had decent games.

Maloney's run down the right side in the first half was quite good as well!

*cough* to be honest, I thought Killa was wasted space, need to be shot of him, one decent over the top through ball to Baldock an hour in was his only credit today.

*cough* to be honest, I thought Killa was wasted space, need to be shot of him, one decent over the top through ball to Baldock an hour in was his only credit today.

He put in some decent tackles and rarely gives the ball away, I think SOD will stick with him.

Agree with this. I think we'd be best served playing Kelly in the middle with Skuse and get someone to fill in on the right. We were improved today but still not particularly good. The three points keeps us alive and let's hope it'll be a springboard. We'll need to play significantly better on Tuesday night.

On a sad note, how bad/unfit did Marv look when he came on? He looks finished to me, and a real shame it'd be too. He seems to have never really recovered from injury.

Agree with this. I think we'd be best served playing Kelly in the middle with Skuse and get someone to fill in on the right. We were improved today but still not particularly good. The three points keeps us alive and let's hope it'll be a springboard. We'll need to play significantly better on Tuesday night.

On a sad note, how bad/unfit did Marv look when he came on? He looks finished to me, and a real shame it'd be too. He seems to have never really recovered from injury.

Agree about Marv. He doesn't actually look like a footballer anymore.

I agree Jordan

I cannot work out how bad Liam has become

When McInnes came in Fontaine was sound - that was 15 months ago and i cant believe how his game has worsened in that time

One of our biggest problems this season is the fact that our first choice centre backs are the same 2 as we had inthe 2007/8 season -and thats almost 6 years ago i dont think you will find any club in any league still relying on the same players in these crucial positions for that long

Shows u how shocking our player recruitment has been over the last few years

We need to win 7 more games to have any chance of staying up and i guarantee that if Fontaine plays the majority of those then we will be relegated

My only hope is SoDs judgement hes taken 2 weeks to suss Foster and Pearson hopefully he will do the same with Fontaine and Kilkenny

I'm amazed anyone can point the finger at Kilkenny and overlook the contribution of Skuse. Kilkenny was bossing and leading our midfield today. If anyone was a passenger it was dear old Cole.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. I'm not a Bristolian either, so there's no inherent bias. I don't think that Skuse was great today either but he did improve when Kelly went more central, that's the way to go in my opinion.

Reid definitely needs to be making squads now though. I don't know if he was injured today but he surely now represents a better option than Pearson, Morris or Marv?

I'm amazed anyone can point the finger at Kilkenny and overlook the contribution of Skuse. Kilkenny was bossing and leading our midfield today. If anyone was a passenger it was dear old Cole.

I agree. Me and everyone I went with today all agreed Kilkenny had a good game. Maybe he's just become a bit of a scapegoat. Maybe people don't understand his contribution or don't understand football. Maybe both! He was one of our better players today.

Me and everyone I went with today all agreed Kilkenny had a good game. Maybe he's just become a bit of a scapegoat. Maybe people don't understand his contribution or don't understand football. Maybe both! He was one of our better players today.

He did and your penultimate sentence is spot on.

Dont think any of you lot were at the game today. Fonts had a very solid game and he and Carey are far and away the best central partnership we have. Kilkenny also worked very hard and kept the ball moving all game even if he had to go sideways/backwards at times. That was the best defensive performance of the season at home.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. I'm not a Bristolian either, so there's no inherent bias. I don't think that Skuse was great today either but he did improve when Kelly went more central, that's the way to go in my opinion.

Reid definitely needs to be making squads now though. I don't know if he was injured today but he surely now represents a better option than Pearson, Morris or Marv?

I certainly agree with you on the second point Michael. I'd like to see Reid feature much more and as for Pearson, Morris and Marv, I imagine it's only a matter of time before they disappear.

I suspect O'Driscoll will go with experience for the rest of this season, which in general I agree with, Hopefully Reid's time will come,

Dont think any of you lot were at the game today. Fonts had a very solid game and he and Carey are far and away the best central partnership we have. Kilkenny also worked very hard and kept the ball moving all game even if he had to go sideways/backwards at times. That was the best defensive performance of the season at home.

You're serious? Fontaine was truly woeful yet again, I forgot to mention the endless hoofs to nobody that SOD mentioned too.

He's useless.

He was much improved today. I'm pretty sure he was fouled for the goal, it will be interesting to see the replay. He did made a few key tackles and clearances and although there were two errors it was a much better defensive unit over all. Confidence works wonders, let's try not to destroy it.

Archived