IGNORED

Ryan Taylor Out For Season

CamBCFC

Davies also wins headers, he doesnt get enough credit for that side of his game. Was a quality knock down for stead and there was a similar one down to Kelly although Davies was offside. Im happy with any combination of 2 from Stead/Baldock/Davies.

Davies also wins headers, he doesnt get enough credit for that side of his game. Was a quality knock down for stead and there was a similar one down to Kelly although Davies was offside. Im happy with any combination of 2 from Stead/Baldock/Davies.

This!!!! People go on about Taylor and Stead being ball winners - Davies did it time after time today!

Shame to hear about Taylor's injury, though. Wish him well.

This!!!! People go on about Taylor and Stead being ball winners - Davies did it time after time today!

Shame to hear about Taylor's injury, though. Wish him well.

Indeed. Never happy to see a City player injured but hopefully Davies reminded people what a centre forward is today, and just what winning balls and bringing people into play actually looks like. I think we'll do better with him and Baldock than we have with Taylor and anybody.

Presume you don't go to many games, particularly away where Taylor has been great at keeping the ball and bringing others into play.

You presume wrong. Try actually watching how much we retain the ball when it's played to Taylor compared with any of our other three strikers. You will be surprised.

I don’t want any player to get a serious injury but I think this may be good news for City. For all Taylor’s positives he just doesn’t score. IMO he wouldn’t have even got into the positions for Davies’s or Stead’s goals.

As well as a better defence City need goals to stay up. That means perm any combination from Baldock, Stead, Davies and (possibly) burns.

Not out for the season as the OP has stated (not at the moment anyway).

As much as I never like to see a City player injured I still sort of hope he will be out for the season though. He doesn't offer nearly enough to this team and Davies and Stead are both better options. Taylor won't get us out of this mess.

Sad for Ryan, but the enforced change did put lie to this myth that we can't play Davies and Baldock together up front.

Yes, you often get a goal poacher and a provider partnered up front - but that's frequently because many cubs are not lucky enough to have two natural marksmen in their side.

Archived