IGNORED

Louis Carey

steviestevieneville

Who was the lunatic who posted on here a week or so ago that they "hated" him?

Louis was 36 in the week and may not have too much left in the tank, but if all our back four had defended all season the way he did today we'd be outside the bottom six.

Impressed with Moloney, too.

Fantastic performance from Louis today, and in fact he's been reliable all of this season. I'm surprised he hasn't started more. The fact that he's still our best defender at his age is admirable.

How many games away from the record is he now?

Completely agree was outstanding as he has been in most of the games he has played in. Also seems to give confidence to players around him.

Think he is less than 10 games away from most appearances.

Louis was 36 in the week and may not have too much left in the tank, but if all our back four had defended all season the way he did today we'd be outside the bottom six.

I suspect that lunatic has been sent to bed without any supper ;)

And 36? Three years younger than Ryan Giggs.

Great game from Louis today.

At one point second half he had to come to the rescue for the pathetic Skuse and Fontaine. Both fannying around not communicating wiith eachother neither taking responsiblity. In comes our true captain to clear our lines. Need to keep LC fit.

And in the first half he absolutely ripped into Skuse and a few others for not tracking back, Cole looked scared to death. The man is Mr Bistol City. Hope he breaks the all-time appearance record this season, he deserves to. Born leader.

And in the first half he absolutely ripped into Skuse and a few others for not tracking back, Cole looked scared to death. The man is Mr Bistol City. Hope he breaks the all-time appearance record this season, he deserves to. Born leader.

My childhood hero was John Atyeo, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see Louis beat his appearance record. The man has been a tower of strength for more years than I care to think of, and is still doing the business.

After all, Big John will still have the goals record - I don't see Louis threatening that :)

Yeah saw that.

He (Skuse) walked away flapping his arms in the air feeling hard done by. DO YOU JOB MAN then the manager wont feel the need to give you a bollocking in front of everyone then. Few of the players had a pop at Skuse too after SOD has his say.

very true!!!!

My childhood hero was John Atyeo, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see Louis beat his appearance record. The man has been a tower of strength for more years than I care to think of, and is still doing the business.

After all, Big John will still have the goals record - I don't see Louis threatening that :)

Well said. JA would be proud to lose his record to Louis.

Yeah saw that. He (Skuse) walked away flapping his arms in the air feeling hard done by. DO YOU JOB MAN then the manager wont feel the need to give you a bollocking in front of everyone then. Few of the players had a pop at Skuse too after SOD has his say.
SOD missed the first goal he said because he was shouting at the midfielders who had forgotten instructions given to them minutes before!!

Still our best defender IMO. Did everything you could possibly ask of again today. I just pray he will be ok for tuesday. LOUIS! LOUIS!

I agree , but there is the problem. Our best defender should have been replaced 3 years ago,

Glad he's here now though !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkeh is the clown you are talking about! Strange that he hasn't commented on this thread..! Fool!!

The defender who should be replaced is Fontaine. He showed a tiny improvement today - won a few headers, and even dribbled the ball up the field once. But ultimately, he's still scared to death to tackle and gets turned and beaten over and over.

Louis, by contrast, looked extremely composed and as ever, had the heart of a lion. How quiet tonight are those here who said he didn't deserve a contract extension for the last two years!

As he's aged, his positioning has got better to compensate for his speed going. This season is probably his last in the first team, but as I'm sure S O'D realises, how important is he going to be in the last matches!

Archived