IGNORED

Ref Today

redad

I wasn't there so I can only guess. Was he one of those who is so determined to prove that he's "brave" and "not a homer" by giving everything to the away side?

Having done quite a bit of umpiring, I do recognise the temptation, particularly when you're starting out.

To be fair there were some decisions, such as the Davies dive, that he managed to get right where some other refs might have got wrong, but there was a lot more wrong decisions than right (Cunningham was never a foul, let alone a yellow card, and the Orr handball which I saw from the EE but he didn't from a few yards away).

To be fair there were some decisions, such as the Davies dive, that he managed to get right where some other refs might have got wrong, but there was a lot more wrong decisions than right (Cunningham was never a foul, let alone a yellow card, and the Orr handball which I saw from the EE but he didn't from a few yards away).

I thought Cunningham's was definitely a foul, he clipped the player which caused the ball to come loose, with it being not far from the box its understandable why a yellow was also awarded.

Think the ref was not keen to give free kicks to the attacking side

A couple of times players pushed n shoved and ending up fouling each other...ref decided no one fouled at all!

Pushed and shoved? Baldock was wrestled off the ball at one point. The porker in yellow was about 10ft away.

I thought Cunningham's was definitely a foul, he clipped the player which caused the ball to come loose, with it being not far from the box its understandable why a yellow was also awarded.

Yeah could be the case, from where I was stood in the EE it looked like he cleanly got the ball.

...not great by any means, but he got a lot more right than the crowd around me in the Dolman. Some people just have to moan....

Like there goal. The whole Atyeo end of the Dolman was sure he was offside but on the tv last night you could see he was level.

Archived