IGNORED

Possession

Youngish

I don't know about other parts of the ground, but where I sit in the Dolman there seems to be tremendous hate for any player wishing to keep possession. Unless the ball is passed forward, the whole stand seems to moan. And when the ball is lofted forward, and we inevitably lose it, because we've played a high ball into a 5ft 7in striker, everyone moans then too! Can we allow the players to pass it back once in a while in order to not lose the ball please?

I don't know about other parts of the ground, but where I sit in the Dolman there seems to be tremendous hate for any player wishing to keep possession. Unless the ball is passed forward, the whole stand seems to moan. And when the ball is lofted forward, and we inevitably lose it, because we've played a high ball into a 5ft 7in striker, everyone moans then too! Can we allow the players to pass it back once in a while in order to not lose the ball please?

This. Annoys me so much when I hear people moaning because a pass isn't going forward.

Great shout. I'm in the Dolman as well and some of the shouts today were pathetic. One time when Kilkenny was running on to a throw out from Heaton , he was the furthest player forward and when he turned and passed it back , someone a few rows behind me shouted "Get it forward"

Unreal !!

Most of the frustration I noticed was at either the needless hoofs (defender in lots of space plays it 40 yards in Baldock's general direction) or the lack of movement in the same situation. There are the odd few but generally I thought the crowd was a bit more patient today.

Totally agree. Ipswich were well organised and hard to break down. We needed to keep the ball, be patient and wait for the right ball. Some of our fans are clueless.

Are you serious ?

Yes. Were you at the last game? When I say a bit more patient I am talking about relative to how patient the crowd has been so far this season. I expect there are ADD two year olds that could manage that. I didn't hear too much idiocy around the Dolman today comparatively, expectations seemed to be a bit lower which helped.

it struck me today that far too often there was no players looking for a ball to come to them which resulted in long balls humped up to baldock which is a waste of time.

Ipswich did a good job on keeping things tight but we have to be looking for the ball and moving for players to find the pass. noticed esp. in first half the midfield becoming very tight and packed with no width that stops any real football being played at all.

The first half was dreadfull and their goal was def offside but we did show good spirit and i do feel we deserved the win. But we still lots to do

I believe

It does annoy me when some fans shout 'GET IT FORWARD' at the first sign of a backwards pass, sometimes you have to go back to go forward. Granted at times it gets predictable but the oppisition cannot score without the ball. Heard a bloke behind me today say 'New manager but nothings changed, whats the point' the impatience of some people in the crowd is madness at times.

Has to the thing I find most irritating from fans at a game. I'm not sure I have ever been able to get through ninety minutes of football without someone shouting 'forward' on one of the few occasions we are actually attempting to control possession.

I perfectly accept that at times it appears as if Kilkenny in particular seems to bottle it when faced with an option of playing a dangerous, is slightly more risky, pass, but any effort we make to try and control possession should be applauded rather than criticised.

It does annoy me when some fans shout 'GET IT FORWARD' at the first sign of a backwards pass, sometimes you have to go back to go forward. Granted at times it gets predictable but the oppisition cannot score without the ball. Heard a bloke behind me today say 'New manager but nothings changed, whats the point' the impatience of some people in the crowd is madness at times.

This is what I hear, every game. It maddens me.

I have been getting annoyed with this all season. There are 2 blokes sat behind me in particular that just talk nonsense all the way through. I feel like turning around and telling them to shut up. You can guarantee that it is the same fans that moan about a backwards pass, who applauded Davies 35 yard free kick in the first half that he passed into the Ipswich keepers arms. Clueless fans that have never played the game before.

Agree with almost everything said here, it's so annoying to hear the idiots shout to get it forward at the first opportunity. We gave away so much possession today by lumping it. A few of those I can excuse because there simply was nothing on for the player on the ball = lack of movement from his teammates.

When we kept the ball on the floor I thought we looked OK, not great, but we could create something given the time and better movement. I am perfectly happy to see the ball played backwards, even to the keeper, as that doesn't automatically mean it then has to be launched. If the back four are aware one of them can take a pass from the keeper. The opposition will have to be pressing very high up the pitch to make that impossible all the time.

I'm all for keeping posseision and patient build up but not the passes just end upto Heaton and his hoofing to flipping Baldock countless times! I know it will take time for us to be playing the way O driscoll wants us to play but we won't get anywhere when we pass it on the flank only to pass it back to the CB's and then pass back to the goalie!

To be fair though we did this alot less in the 2nd half . I think whilst Albert is away ( can hope he will come back) , Kelly, Skuse and Kilkenny are going to be crucial to the way we maintain the ball and slowly build up attacks. Felt quite sorry for Baldock had awful service you could just see how hungry he was.

Archived