IGNORED

Killa

Fuber

With the number of posts in the Fontaine thread about Killa, just decided to make something a bit more separate and see what people individual opinions of the bloke actually are.

For me, v Ipswich, was pretty wasted to be honest, was either a bystander when Tractor Boys had the ball when it almost rolled past him a couple of times, decent on the ball but doesn't put himself about quite enough, don't get me wrong Skusey had a horrid time in the first half and just seemed to have an off game until Kelly came more central (he was lost playing RM out of position), who made more foward passes than Killa did in the second half than the latter did for the better part of the game, a few we're pinpoint, a few over hit, but the kind of thing we need; If Albert doesn't leave this transfer window, I'd be quite looking forward to a team like the following:

---------------------------Heaton---------------------------------||

Moloney-----Carey--------------Fonts-------Cunningham||

----------------------------------------------------------------------||

Adomah----Skuse--------------Kelly-------------Anderson|| )- In a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 kind of line up.

----------------------Davies---------------------------------------||

-------------------------------Baldock----------------------------||

I personally think he needs to be given more of a chance... Due to all the inconsitency in the team over the past 12 months I think all the players are a bit confused as to what they should be doing!

So let SOD get some routine into them and I think Killa could come good. He certainly has the ability in him, its just whether SOD can get it out of him finally, which i believe he can. He is what Baldock needs to score goals and he is capable of doing it, just needs to find his form.

So hopefully if SOD keeps him playing he'll be an important player for us

I watched Killkenny yesterday with a little more interest - he's come out and made a PR play for a place in the team (mistaken in my view, he should keep quiet and train hard) so now he has to deliver.

He still strikes me as massively over rated - Leeds fans may rate him, but why? he's a 'sideways' player, with the odd attempt at a forward ball, and I watched him a couple of times avoiding the challenge, but choosing to point and shout at someone else to pick up the man he should have, and could have marked. - that habit, alongside his gobbiness - is what really irritates, pointing and ordering others to do his work, accepted we played a lot of direct stuff yesterday, but he looked ineffective and offered little defensive or offensive threat.

he strikes me a player who probably would flourish in a foreign league where no one really gets stuck in, where he can lazily 'stroke it about' - but that doesn't do it for me.

Interestingly i thought for the brief spell when Kelly got involved, his early, fast, diagonal balls through to Baldock where 10 times more dangerous - killkenny cannot do that, he seems to need the time and space (to then play it sideways) he slows the game down, and at the moment thats a luxury we don't have or need. we need the pace back in our game

and as an aside, anyone who fosters the nickname 'killa' (a bit like Ince calling himself the 'guvnor') who is 3 foot nothing seems a little delusional! ;)

He's just a bit average at what he does really.

Comparisons with Lee Johnson are perfectly valid IMO. Similar players. The main positive for both is they are always looking to receive the ball and take responsibility.

Both also have similar negatives: lack of pace, rarely tackle, limited passing range, lack of goals, lack of creativity.

Pretty one dimensional players.

Just to add; Leeds fans absoloutly love Killa and he actually turned down a contract there to come to us so certainly has the ability, no one can doubt that

I think u need to talk to the Leeds fans everyone I've spoken to and the season ticket holder who works for us rates him as a league 1 player at best

Yesterday Kilkenny did the job that Skuse, in theory, is supposed to do. He drove the midfield forward, did the talking and provided the leadership. He took responsibility.

Honestly, how anyone can pinpoint him as the midfield weak point after yesterday is beyond me.

Not beyond me. The ballboy saw more action in the first half than Kilkenny. Slight improvement in the second half, but he's far too lightweight to offer any sort of defensive capability really and is either brushed aside by attakers or flinches out of contact.

In short, he's a luxury player we just can't afford in the side at present. S O'D will soon find out Kilkenny is not the midfield distributor he hopes he'll be.

PS: I agree Skuse was dire.

Can't say I'm a great fan of Kilkenny. Although I think we have to play 3 in the centre of midfield, and the 3 we played yesterday are the best we have. Marv's legs have gone, and don't even get me started on his passing. And personally I don't rate Pearson at all, I don't see what he offers to the team.

I think u need to talk to the Leeds fans everyone I've spoken to and the season ticket holder who works for us rates him as a league 1 player at best

Obviously missed the leeds reports from last week stating how they could do with him in their team now, Marching on Together forum plenty of comments on how they failed to appreciate him until he was gone.

Most Important point is that OUR manager rates him highly and has wanted him a number of times at previous clubs.

I thought he was good yesterday, with Kilkenny its less about the indivdual and more about the way the team play, for example he would look the worst player on the pitch playing for Stoke, but i remember when watching Brighton tear apart Newcastle, "stick kilkenny in the middle of that brighton team and what a good player he'd look". Looks to be forging a good understanding with Kelly aswell which could be promising.

I thought he was good yesterday, with Kilkenny its less about the indivdual and more about the way the team play, for example he would look the worst player on the pitch playing for Stoke, but i remember when watching Brighton tear apart Newcastle, "stick kilkenny in the middle of that brighton team and what a good player he'd look". Looks to be forging a good understanding with Kelly aswell which could be promising.

K & K midfield pairing. Better not stick Krans in there too !

One noticeable thing about Kilkenny is he likes to point a lot. Thats about it really

I don't mind this at all when you consider the shocking lack of intelligent movement around him. It requires 2 players to successfully complete a pass and he must be frustrated at the non existent movement around him as when people move into position he passes it to them. He can see things that his team mates can't and that must be frustrating to say the least.

wont be Reid after this from SOD in todays news:

O'Driscoll added: "Young Wes Burns has been terrific and he gives us another option, while Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan look outstanding players in training.

"But this is probably not the time to throw them in.

Oh dear. They look terrific - but now is not the time to play them. :facepalm:

As opposed to Pearson who looks awful, but apparently is the preferred option.

Archived