IGNORED

Team Vs. Watford?

Derk94

I'd like to see:

Gerken; Moloney, Carey, Fontaine, Cunningham; Kelly, Skuse, Pearson, Anderson; Stead, Baldock.

But I think it will be:

Heaton; Moloney, J.Wilson, Fontaine, Cunningham; Kelly, Skuse, Anderson, Elliot, Pearson; Stead.

As a very intelligent leader once said, I have many opinions but I don't always agree with them... Maybe the second option is better anyway.

I'd love to see Davies and Baldock- but I can't see Davies playing two games this close if the two managers we have had this season were both worried about fitness issues. Likewise Carey at the grand old age of 36........

Reckon we will try and pack the midfield and go with one up top. Probably Stead with possibly Anderson making up the numbers in midfield and then getting up to support him. (or possibly Kelly if he really is a box to box).

i think he will go

.................. heaton......................

Moloney...carey......fonts.......Cunnigham

anderson...kelly...skuse....elliot......pearson...........

.....................Baldock............

But i would like

same back 4 and keeper

...Anderson........Kelly......skuse........pearson

................Baldock....Davis..............

HEATON

MOLONEY CAREY FONTS CUNNINGHAM

SKUSE KELLY

ANDERSON BRYAN

DAVIES BALDOCK

Well that would be nice, but as has been noted elsewhere S O'D doesn't seem keen on starting any of the younger player, so I expect to see Pearson cantering down the left like the Scottish donkey he is. I personally would play Nyatanga for Fonts too. He's woeful but at least he might stay on his feet when attempting to tackle a goalbound attacker.

Would like to see Joe Bryan get a start on the left, with Anderson on the right. Failing that I'd have Anderson on the left and Burns on the right. I think Baldock and Davies should start, with Stead replacing Davies as he can't play 90 minutes. Definitely keep the same back 4 and keep Skuse and Kelly in midfield- I'd go 4-4-2.

most posters think carey will play a 2nd game in 3 days, would love to keep a stable back 4 but not convinced

so'd was at pains to point out that watford are a posession team and dominate midfield, so i think we'll pack the midfield and play 4-5-1

heaton

moloney carey/wilson fontaine cunningham

foster kelly skuse pearson anderson

stead

would be my guess, though personally i'd rather play bryan than foster, and use anderson from the right or keep him in behind stead centrally.

still, in sean we trust!

No way will any of Burns, Reid or Bryan start.

Wouldn't be too amazed to see Foster return in front of Moloney with Kelly partnering Skuse and Anderson on the left.

Not sure whether Davies or Stead will partner Baldock but that's how I think he'll go.

Perhaps you could tell us why no way burns Bryan or reid will start

Perhaps its because they are in danger of running at the opposition, or maybe passing the ball to someone in red

Or maybe the rest of the team may struggle to keep up with them

Cant have that can we....

Would spoil everything

Perhaps you could tell us why no way burns Bryan or reid will start

Perhaps its because they are in danger of running at the opposition, or maybe passing the ball to someone in red

Or maybe the rest of the team may struggle to keep up with them

Cant have that can we....

Would spoil everything

Quote from O'Driscoll in that he didn't think this was the right time for them to play, that's why.

Nowhere have I said that I don't think they are decent players, but I don't pick the team and I'll bet you £10 they don't start.

Think we might have to block up the centre of park and stay deep to stop them playing through us

---------------------Heaton----------------------

Moloney-----Carey-----Fonts---------Cunny

---------Skuse---- Kelly-----Pearson---------

----------------------------------------------------

---------Baldock--Davies--Anderson---------

Amlmost 7 outfield players defending, with the three forwards looking to break and swapping positions

........................................heaton......................................

Moloney.............Louise...................Tangs(Cant be any worse than fonts).................Cunningham.....................

.....................................kelly................Reid.........................skuse.................................

...................................................Anderson.....................................................................

..................................................Davies............................................................................

..........................................................................super sam..................................

Id give Anderson more of a free role to create and get in behind watford, I know it probably wont happen but I think its time Reid was given his chance, pearson and elliot have showed they arent up to under 12's 5 aside on a wednesday afternoon let alone championship football. And no way morris is getting a look in.

Interesting stuff a win would normally mean the starting line-up would go unchanged....Except under McInness of course

However with SoD still trying to assess what he has on top of what he has seen and the injury to Taylor I would suspect the team would be something like

Heaton

Maloney

Carey

Fontaine (yes controversial but I think SoD knows he can play and will get another chance)

Cunningham

Anderson

Killkenny if fit (I would take a chance with Reid here as it seems Killkenny is out/however I think he will go for Pearson)

Skuse

Kelly

Stead

Baldock

Foster Wilson Davies Pearson Elliott Gerkin

I would suggest the youngsters will have fire in their belly in midfield, a back four that only conceded one goal on Saturday and with something to prove (not a flash in the pan) and a forward line with a little bit of guile (Stead is a workhorse but also has a good brain!)

The question is are Cunningham Maloney Kelly Anderson good enough to hurt them and will the two CB's have enough pace and cover from Skuse et al

I get the impression that Davies is not fully match fit....for what ever reason!! SoD implied that on Saturday and as such expect him on the bench!

Either way good luck to our boys tomorrow!!

Because the word is he is not 100% match fit...SoD implied as much previously...Mind if he was fully fit then yes!!

OK, I've asked this about 50 times. Why is he not considered match fit?

His last injuries were in 2011 and I personally observed him running about like a very effective blue arse fly for 78 minutes in last Saturday's game.

OK, I've asked this about 50 times. Why is he not considered match fit?

His last injuries were in 2011 and I personally observed him running about like a very effective blue arse fly for 78 minutes in last Saturday's game.

Bearing in mind I'm not a professional sportsman, I can run around a lot for 90 minutes when playing football. However, I couldn't run around for 90 minutes twice in 3 days. McInnes, Derby fans and now SOD have implied that Davies struggles with match fitness- perhaps he's just not that professional a 'professional'?

PS I do think he's a good player and I'd start him tonight; Anderson & Davies playing free roles behind Baldock, with Skuse, Kelly & perhaps Reid operating deeper in midfield. Flood the middle, make them go around but get your 3 most potent attacking players playing close enough to each other to link up

........................................heaton......................................

Moloney.............Louise...................Tangs(Cant be any worse than fonts).................Cunningham.....................

.....................................kelly................Reid.........................skuse.................................

...................................................Anderson.....................................................................

..................................................Davies............................................................................

..........................................................................super sam..................................

Id give Anderson more of a free role to create and get in behind watford, I know it probably wont happen but I think its time Reid was given his chance, pearson and elliot have showed they arent up to under 12's 5 aside on a wednesday afternoon let alone championship football. And no way morris is getting a look in.

Carey's sister/daughter?

I think he'll change his system tonight (he's hinted at it in a newspaper interview) and play 4-1-4-1, and it will be:

Heaton

Moloney Carey Fontaine Cunningham

Skuse

Anderson Elliott Kelly Pearson

Stead or Davies

Think we'll need this... By no means the most attractive side, but we need to fill the midfield as Watford are going to be passing it round for fun.

Would maybe swap Elliot and Skuse round but apart from that, I think this is (as sad as it sounds) is our best team for tonights game.

Archived