IGNORED

An Insight Into Life Without Albert...

formerly known as ivan

I cannot believe what I'm reading here. Some of you are do ****ing fickle, it's unbelievable. I'd guess that 75% of this board have been slagging off Pearson all season, and two games without Albert and people are saying Pearson might be a better pick now?

Please.

Albert at times has been the only bright light in what has mostly been a bloody depressing season. He's been the one reason I've enjoyed going to AG at times. Not only is he a star on the pitch, he's a star off it too. And for people to come on here behind the shield of a keyboard and type, "sell him" with optional addition "the ******", is unbelievable and shows a massive lack of respect, who has recently shown a great deal to the club by saying he's happy here, when most might have looked to force a move.

And to those of you that seem to be implying that our wins have been due to Albert's absence: has it slipped your mind that we now have an intelligent, tactically aware Head Coach at the club? He's well renowned for getting more out of players, instilling a sense of belief and direction, and importantly, organising a side. The prospect of AA in a team organised enough to get something out of him is something that I'm looking forward to.

Albert is for me the best player of the club, and to see people asking for him to be sold at a time when we need every resource we have (especially at a time which wouldn't really leave much time to get a good replacement in) really beggars belief.

Great post.

I cannot believe what I'm reading here. Some of you are do ****ing fickle, it's unbelievable. I'd guess that 75% of this board have been slagging off Pearson all season, and two games without Albert and people are saying Pearson might be a better pick now?

Please.

Albert at times has been the only bright light in what has mostly been a bloody depressing season. He's been the one reason I've enjoyed going to AG at times. Not only is he a star on the pitch, he's a star off it too. And for people to come on here behind the shield of a keyboard and type, "sell him" with optional addition "the ******", is unbelievable and shows a massive lack of respect, who has recently shown a great deal to the club by saying he's happy here, when most might have looked to force a move.

And to those of you that seem to be implying that our wins have been due to Albert's absence: has it slipped your mind that we now have an intelligent, tactically aware Head Coach at the club? He's well renowned for getting more out of players, instilling a sense of belief and direction, and importantly, organising a side. The prospect of AA in a team organised enough to get something out of him is something that I'm looking forward to.

Albert is for me the best player of the club, and to see people asking for him to be sold at a time when we need every resource we have (especially at a time which wouldn't really leave much time to get a good replacement in) really beggars belief.

Well put and right on the ball. I believe that Albert has already learnt from his spell in the ACN. Now let's see what SOD can teach him.

In any case, there's 18 months on his contract so, even if we did need to sell for financial reasons, we could do so after the season's end.

Firstly, I think the comment above by Bowie was just a bit of fun! If not, I think it should be 'flog the ******* *******' at least!

No doubt that Albert is out 'star' player - I don't see many offers of substance for anyone else in the squad? There is a reason for that. Other managers clearly think that, in the right set-up, Albert can do even better things than he does now. I would say that Albert is holding his own at the ACON, and worthy of his place in one of the favourite teams, which isn't a bad reflection on him.

Who knows whether S O'D can get more from Albert? As he has said himself, a lot depends on what Albert wants to do. From everything that I hear Albert say, it seems to me that he would be happy to stay at city a bit longer - although some of his performances have suggested that his mojo has deserted him at times this season.

Personally, I would like to see Albert stay with us til the end of the season at least. This would give the head coach time to work with him, without seriously damaging his market value in the summer, if he chose not to renew his contract with us.

We should all be immensely proud of all the players tonight for a win built on effort, guts and determination, but lets not pretend that we are ever a better team without our Ghanian genius out on the right wing.

There were periods of play where we were basically camped on the edge of our box, but thanks to some fantastic defending (and a sprinkling of luck) we got the win and the clean sheet that we needed. However don't you think Albert's presence would have helped us get up the pitch and release the pressure on our defence? Don't you think his pace and excellent dribbling ability could have helped us counter attack into space that Watford were leaving when throwing men forward?

Tonight we played a team that has scored the most amount of goals in the league and we sat back, defended superbly and got a win. In games like this we may not need Albert as much as we do the the majority of the rest of the time. However if we are to get enough points over the rest of the season to secure our Championship status than I think holding onto Albert is crucial.

How many other players do we have that truly worry the opposition?

How many other players in our squad have the ability to score a goal or create a chance out of nothing?

If we sell Albert in the next two days and SO'D still manages to build a team that stays up than I will be shocked.

Well put and right on the ball. I believe that Albert has already learnt from his spell in the ACN. Now let's see what SOD can teach him.

In any case, there's 18 months on his contract so, even if we did need to sell for financial reasons, we could do so after the season's end.

Christ two wins in a row and all of a sudden some people think we don't need Albert. Knee jerk

Glad to see I'm not the only one at least!

Gamble on it. I hope we keep him.

In the sense that if we go down, we loose, if we stay up, we have a player who is definitley Championship quality. See what SoD can dowith hi on the training ground and stick an 18/24 month extension on him at the end of the season.

We can perform without Albert, if Albert gets double marked all game surely that's like playing against 10 men if we can play like last night. Less of them to put the pressure on and an emergency outlet up the pitch, we missed this last night near the end.

AA's lack of tracking back will change, O'Driscoll just won't let him play like that.

Having said all that, I can see Reading turning their attentions to Albert if Ince negotiations completely halt.

Albert careering up the wing and losing the ball, eventually, has left our right side exposed on a number of occasions, he puffs and pants to get back before spring up field again, I would prefer the solid look about the team at the moment, I would keep Albert, on the bench, impact sub when the time is right.

One of the only things that makes me not want to cash in on interest and bank the money for a rebuild is that SOD could well be the coach to really help Albert develop a proper footballing brain.

If he added intelligence to his game he'd be one of the most talented players to grace our club in donkeys.

At no point did I say we are better off without him but surely people can see we are more of a team at the moment? Yes this ia mainly down to sod but he has clearly come in and got the players playing how he wants without the need of having our star man in the team.

I along with everyone else wondered where wins would come from this month without having Albert around but look how we have played without him. Defensively we have been a million miles better with Anderson in the wing, or Kelly last Saturday.

Albert seems to be a victim of his own ability where most the team just think its a case of getting him the ball and seeing what happens. Without him everyone else has had to take more responsibility.

One of the only things that makes me not want to cash in on interest and bank the money for a rebuild is that SOD could well be the coach to really help Albert develop a proper footballing brain.

If he added intelligence to his game he'd be one of the most talented players to grace our club in donkeys.

He would have to find Albert's first. That could be tricky.

If we can possibly keep him, we should.

It makes no sense whatsoever to offload our best players if we don't have to - and he is one of the best.

He'll come back from that tournament a more experienced and better player and will enhance our team immensely when he gets back. To see some saying he's "average" (whatever that means) or "he doesn't track back" is laughable. Up until now all the players have been under average and none have been tracking back - thats why we are in the shite. Two half decent games and all of a sudden we don't need Albert and everything is dandy.

Well, it aint dandy, we are still in the shite and we will remain in the shite for the foreseeable future and we need players like Adomah to help us get out of it.

Couldn't put it better myself - and I've tried ;)

Thing is it's a gamble either way - reading between the lines of both Albert and the club's comments, I suspect that it's tacitly accepted (or at least thought likely) that Albert isn't going to sign a new contract so I think we do need to cash in now or in the summer if we're not going to have a repeat of the Maynard situation.

I don't think anyone in their right minds would disagree that if we sell him we're more likely to go do down but we have won two games without him and, if he does stay 'til the summer, the selling price is going to be way lower because there's only a year left on his contract (especially if we get relegated anyway). I'd like to think SOD is keeping all options open and has something lined up if we do get an offer we can't refuse but I don't think we should sell unless it's a really good deal and we have the money, time and agreement to sign a good replacement and players that'll strengthen the squad elsewhere too. Otherwise I think we have to keep him for the Summer. But I think, if we do that, we will be lucky to get anything above £1.5 million for him as clubs'll know we have to sell or risk losing him for nothing...

Archived