IGNORED

An Insight Into Life Without Albert...

formerly known as ivan

I like what I see.

First off I love albert and think he is a great player but we are way to reliant on him when in the team.

I don't think its a coincidence we have played better without him. The last two games we have shown how much more of a team we are without him and on the last two performances I would take Anderson over Albert.

Think it really is time to cash in and strengthen in other areas with the cash.

I like what I see.

First off I love albert and think he is a great player but we are way to reliant on him when in the team.

I don't think its a coincidence we have played better without him. The last two games we have shown how much more of a team we are without him and on the last two performances I would take Anderson over Albert.

After tonight I'm sure Albert would get in the side. He certainly doesn't have the stamina to track up and down as both Pearson and Anderson did. He might be a luxury O'Driscoll might not want.

I like what I see.

You're taking our better organisation under S'OD and our previous over reliance on Adomah and making connections that aren't there

Don't judge us on two games. Fed up of short term reactions.

As for Bowie, he writes as much rubbish as David.

Couldn't agree more about the poster who's hijacked the name of a music legend , but don't disrespect the man himself.

we need to keep him til end of season at least , lets not get carried away too much .... but money talks and Palarse have it

At the moment they do.

For me cash in on his ACON performances now, if we go down we will be more at the mercy of a lower offer, his agent will unsettle him re-his image in the 3rd division and if he asks for a move we probably won't get as much.

IMO.

That is a fair comment.

However if he got them playing well without Albert surely its best to get some funds in to build the squad in terms of quality?

We looked defensively organised throughout tonight but in the first half particularly a better attacking outlet would have alleviated some of the pressure that we consequently brought on ourselves. I doubt S'OD would bring in players permanently in the short time before the window shuts anyway judging by his comments already about the loan market

Flog the ******

get a grip.

have you ever begun to think how good albert could be ?

with a real coach,giving him real direction. if he goes it will be on the 31st,with little chance of bringing anyone in.

and i dont think sod will,at that stage.

it beggers belife that you want him gone.

can you imagine full house the last couple of games down the gate,and theres albert steaming down the line,with an end product!

yes flog the f....r!

We should all be immensely proud of all the players tonight for a win built on effort, guts and determination, but lets not pretend that we are ever a better team without our Ghanian genius out on the right wing.

There were periods of play where we were basically camped on the edge of our box, but thanks to some fantastic defending (and a sprinkling of luck) we got the win and the clean sheet that we needed. However don't you think Albert's presence would have helped us get up the pitch and release the pressure on our defence? Don't you think his pace and excellent dribbling ability could have helped us counter attack into space that Watford were leaving when throwing men forward?

Tonight we played a team that has scored the most amount of goals in the league and we sat back, defended superbly and got a win. In games like this we may not need Albert as much as we do the the majority of the rest of the time. However if we are to get enough points over the rest of the season to secure our Championship status than I think holding onto Albert is crucial.

How many other players do we have that truly worry the opposition?

How many other players in our squad have the ability to score a goal or create a chance out of nothing?

If we sell Albert in the next two days and SO'D still manages to build a team that stays up than I will be shocked.

Letting Albert go is a tricky one, attack wise he scores a few for us and sets up a few as well. Defensively he is awful for us, hardly ever tracks back and leaves the rb with no cover.

No surprise last 3 games that when we've played a solid shape without him we've looked defensively more sound. Tricky one for the board and coach to decide on.

I cannot believe what I'm reading here. Some of you are do ****ing fickle, it's unbelievable. I'd guess that 75% of this board have been slagging off Pearson all season, and two games without Albert and people are saying Pearson might be a better pick now?

Please.

Albert at times has been the only bright light in what has mostly been a bloody depressing season. He's been the one reason I've enjoyed going to AG at times. Not only is he a star on the pitch, he's a star off it too. And for people to come on here behind the shield of a keyboard and type, "sell him" with optional addition "the ******", is unbelievable and shows a massive lack of respect, who has recently shown a great deal to the club by saying he's happy here, when most might have looked to force a move.

And to those of you that seem to be implying that our wins have been due to Albert's absence: has it slipped your mind that we now have an intelligent, tactically aware Head Coach at the club? He's well renowned for getting more out of players, instilling a sense of belief and direction, and importantly, organising a side. The prospect of AA in a team organised enough to get something out of him is something that I'm looking forward to.

Albert is for me the best player of the club, and to see people asking for him to be sold at a time when we need every resource we have (especially at a time which wouldn't really leave much time to get a good replacement in) really beggars belief.

I too would like SoD to work with him,if he doesn't get the chance I think we will always be wondering 'what if'. He has to stay at least until the end of the season. If we are relegated I wouldn't blame him for walking away and surely he'd have a better options of clubs.

You never know, we might have the next Zaha with a bit of professional coaching. We might be in a position for big money this time next year (subject to contracts etc). I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to sell until all options have been covered.

I agree Albert is a great player but only going forward. Defensively he is a nightmare for us, he hardly tracks back and helps his fb out. People have been saying how awful our rb have been but they all have had Albert in front of them.

Would love him to stay at the club and hope O'Driscoll can bring best out of him for he is a definates threat for us going forward. Just hope it's not at the cost of leaking goals.

I think the role Albert seems to have had for Ghana during ACON. For me, he's played much more centrally for them and seems to have done well. Could this be a clue to how he could fit in to SOD's formation going forward?

To be honest, I think if we get an offer of £2.5 million+ we should sell; I think he's a great player but the money raised could bring us in 2 or 3 quality players to make us competitive. Plus, with Anderson in the squad and Burns coming through, we may not have to replace him directly

Archived