IGNORED

Worst Fans In A While = Watford

Welcome To The Jungle

Quiet, no songs, didn't even clap their team at the start of the 2nd half. Jusy puts it into perspective the AG can be a library at times, but Vicarage Road must be like a nursery at nap time

Maybe it was shock at not being four up at half time, which they might have expected.

Perhaps they were asleep after watching their team spend most of the night passing between centre backs and full backs. Slow, predictable passing, reminded me of us at times!!

However, great to see whining foreigners get physically tested by our team.

They dont like it up em clearly. You have to think though, Vydra had scored 2 goals in 5 consecutive games and gets dropped to the bench? Surely a schoolboy error from Mr Zola? Not that he looked any good when he came on mind, but must surely have started in his current form?! Perhaps were were underestimated by Watford?

Perhaps they were asleep after watching their team spend most of the night passing between centre backs and full backs. Slow, predictable passing, reminded me of us at times!!

However, great to see whining foreigners get physically tested by our team.

They dont like it up em clearly. You have to think though, Vydra had scored 2 goals in 5 consecutive games and gets dropped to the bench? Surely a schoolboy error from Mr Zola? Not that he looked any good when he came on mind, but must surely have started in his current form?! Perhaps were were underestimated by Watford?

I think he regrets now leaving his best 2 strikers on the bench! Interesting it says Watford had 51% possession? Seemed more than that they kept the ball for long spells without creating that much really.

I also heard some Watford fans giving it the big I am "cam on kwiss Harry up, weel be fwee nil up by the time we get in da gwaaand" plastic cockneys.

I always see Watford as a bit of a nothing club - happy clappy, train spotting types. Then we play them and I remember that they just like all other clubs in and around London - arrogant *******.

2-0 up the city!

I always see Watford as a bit of a nothing club - happy clappy, train spotting types.

They are. Utterly bland ******s, a club that is so nondescript it is untrue.

Went on their official website once and it was talking about the Golden Horns, the Golden Boys, I mean for ****'s sake!

Been there so many times and they are without doubt the most soulless club in The Championship.

I over heard some of their fans before the game saying how shit we were and they were expecting to win by at least 4 goals enjoy your trip back to London lads hahaha.

Watford is not in London, it's in Hertfordshire. And even other people in Hertfordshire are embarrassed by it.

Hi

Sorry new poster. (usually a watcher)

My very first City game was v Watford 1995 finished 0-0 and the worst atmosphere I could ever imagine. We were soooo quite the small support from Watford on the day were drowning us out. Things have thankfully picked up since then, so onward's and upwards !!!

• Admin

I over heard some of their fans before the game saying how shit we were and they were expecting to win by at least 4 goals enjoy your trip back to London lads hahaha.

From the moment Zola named his team, it almost appeared that everyone connected with Watford thought all they had to do was turn up and we would roll over. Perhaps under DMc we would have done, but that elitist attitude will be the downfall of them if they make that mistake again this season!

Wonder if that is why East End 'fans' threw objects at them including a full bottle of coke and a coin?

Have not heard this mentioned anywhere else

Felt the AG home crowd tonight made a good atmosphere so pat on the back to not only the EE but the Dolman and Atyeo too!

Have to agree the whole ground was outstanding last night, it is amazing how one good run / strong tackle etc can lift the crowd.

I expect some of the reason the Watford fans were quiet was that with the East End starting the singing it is louder than the noise they make, it happened a number of times last season, where it is almost a battle of the fans and often the opposition fans gave up trying to sing

that makes them the best?

After the misunderstanding of my post yesterday, I have to be as childish as others yesterday and say

WHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHH !

I couldn't believe how many of their fans were leaving on about 70 mins..

Never understand why someone who assumedly had travelled for a few hours leave a game so early, if they have been 3 or 4 down maybe, but obviously they could see that they were never getting out of that game

Very, very harsh. A thousand of us turned out on a cold wet and windy Tuesday night.

Perhaps we don't have so many yoof dem who like to spend the game shouting, gurning and semaphoring at each other across the divide and throwing their bottles of teenage fizzy pop rather than watching the match you've paid £25 to see.

"I always see Watford as a bit of a nothing club" "a club that is so nondescript it is untrue" - Inoffensive you mean? Family club minding our own business and enjoying our football?

"3 stands" - true. we don't like it either. Doesn't help develop atmosphere you can imagine. We'd like some terracing put there. We'll see.

"Slow, predictable passing" - Yes. It didn't go well for us did it? I think the conditions had a lot to do with it. The pitch wasn't great and the wind and rain made the long balls forward hard to defend. Anyway, our football is beautiful to watch when it does work though, which it has done a lot just recently. Did you see this one we got Vs Huddersfield a couple of weeks ago?

"it almost appeared that everyone connected with Watford thought all they had to do was turn up and we would roll over." Yes, I have to admit we did. Our confidence was sky high and we thought we'd do you easy. I personally had a sizeable punt on us to win starting at -1.5 goals. Other people who also thought the same included the bookies (you were 5/2 we were evens) AND most notably your good selves.

I refer you to the first 25 posts on the thread 'Do we stand a prayer of somehow sneaking a draw' thread posted right here on this board in the lead up to the match which was almost universal in its doom and gloom.

No further question yer honour.

Archived