IGNORED

2 Down, 8 To Go?

Manon

Thought I posted this last night, but must have forgotten in my delirious state.

Been a good start. We now need to win less than half our remaining games.

1.3 points game, to achieve 52 points, and surely safety..

..but where will we get them?

I think we'll enjoy wins against forest, palace, brighton, birmingham, wolves, sheff wed, barnsley.

We'll also draw with cardiff,

Cardiff, Charlton, huddersfield, blackpool.

54 points.

What do you think?

Thought I posted this last night, but must have forgotten in my delirious state.

Been a good start. We now need to win less than half our remaining games.

1.3 points game, to achieve 52 points, and surely safety..

..but where will we get them?

I think we'll enjoy wins against forest, palace, brighton, birmingham, wolves, sheff wed, barnsley.

We'll also draw with cardiff,

Cardiff, Charlton, huddersfield, blackpool.

54 points.

What do you think?

Difficult to tell as not many would of predicted a win last night. I would say i think we are more likely to beat Huddersfield home than Palace away.

Difficult to tell as not many would of predicted a win last night. I would say i think we are more likely to beat Huddersfield home than Palace away.
We've given ourselves a chance. I think it's one of us, Barnsley, Birmingham, Ipswich and Weds to join Peterborough and Huddersfield going down. Huddersfield have lost something like 12 now! They are on a shocking run at the worst time.

I'm not getting too carried away. All that those back to back wins have done is give us a chance. Other teams around us have been winning lately as well, and I'm concerned about the injuries to Skuse and Cunningham. Losing either or both would be a disaster. For a team that are supposed to play good football Warford didn't half go over the top of the ball a lot - not that the ref noticed, of course...

We're in a much better place than this time last week for sure though. It's not impossible.

I'm not getting too carried away. All that those back to back wins have done is give us a chance. Other teams around us have been winning lately as well, and I'm concerned about the injuries to Skuse and Cunningham. Losing either or both would be a disaster. For a team that are supposed to play good football Warford didn't half go over the top of the ball a lot - not that the ref noticed, of course...

We're in a much better place than this time last week for sure though. It's not impossible.

We won't miss Skuse judging by his last 2 performances.

Cunningham though has just returned to top form after his injury and was again one of our very best players last night.

I always fear for him getting injured though, he pulls out of absolutely nothing - very inspirational to his team mates - but the way he plays is always likely to get hurt.

I see him as future Captain material.

Cunningham though has just returned to top form after his injury and was again one of our very best players last night.

I always fear for him getting injured though, he pulls out of absolutely nothing - very inspirational to his team mates - but the way he plays is always likely to get hurt.

He almost seemed reluctant to go in for that tackle i thought.

I am thinking more in terms of our lack of cover in centre midfield. I think that Elliot did very well last night but even then it was clear to me that his movement isn't right. Personally I didn't even think that he'd be capable of playing that much of the game so all credit to him, but he must be in a bit of a state this morning. That still leaves us with Elliot (presuming he's okay), Reid, Kelly Pearson and Morris to pick from, if Kilkenny and Skuse are injured. I wondered if Reid was injured himself given that he wasn't on the bench last night when we only had one midfielder there and three defenders.

It's difficult to say since he went off so early but I think that Skuse started well last night too. It was as complete a team performance as I have seen for some years. I don't think that anyone last night did anything to harm their chances of future selection. Even Pearson and Fontaine played well, I thought.

I thought Cunningham was man of the match last night, superb performance. Tempting to give it to Almunia as well though.

Archived