IGNORED

Watfords View - From Watford Os.

Robbored

Agree a good footballing team was undone by one that finally got organised.

I know it wasnt the champions league final but Watford looked like a frustrated barcelona (complete with a fat Messi lookylikey up front) while we played like a well drilled Chelsea set up to frustrate the more skilled opponants.

What Watford fans don't seem to realise is that their new owners bought the club as a means of developing players for Udinese. All their loan players have to play matches in order to achieve this aim, I'm sure Zola was told to make sure all players on loan get some matches under their belt, he probably thought the best time to play some of them was against the bottom club. The Watford fans are slating him for changing things but I don't think it was his decision, I'm not sure Watford's new owners are bothered about promotion, it might suit their cause better if they stay in the Championship.

Watford looked a very good side, probably the best I've seen at the Gate this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go up this year. Good reports linked by the op too.

I agree with this. I think Watford were easily the best side at AG this season. I particularly liked their 41 (Foriestieri???).

It's nonsense to say they had no end product. We made sure they had no end product with a fantastic performance.

I agree with this. I think Watford were easily the best side at AG this season. I particularly liked their 41 (Foriestieri???).

It's nonsense to say they had no end product. We made sure they had no end product with a fantastic performance.

Agree. Reminded me of Swansea a little. But like them and the great Barcelona if plan A doesn't work they have no plan B. SOD's tactics were A1. And yes, their no 41 was a threat all evening but we dealt with him very well. Great game to watch. Worth every penny. Bring on Saturday.

Exactly - it wasn't just the pich it was the squally wind too. That's what made high balls so unpredicatable and hard to judge. I think it played some part in the first goal.

Yes, I'm sure other teams will have noted with interest the job you did on us last night. The lesson won't be lost on them.

That's the problem though, cold wet windy games, ahh the great British weather is the great leveler and as Corporal Jones probably said "Johnny Foreigner, don't like it up em".

Here's a thought for you boys, why not employ Graham Taylor as head coach for games where the weather is rainy or windy?, best of both worlds mate, don't thank me just have that one on me.

Archived