IGNORED

Lj

Eco

He'd do a better job in our central midfield than any of our current ones. I await the abuse

I cant imagine you would get to much abuse for that obvious statement, with him in the side we did better - the stats don't lie!

I know its a team game but some players make a team tick.

So much better than given credit for. He was actually a good reader of the game, good passing ability, not shy to have the ball, picked up the ball from back four and had a good set piece on him believe it or not he could tackle too during a successful time for the club...he was slated for his Dad being the manager. Anybody shortsighted enough to suggest he was never a good player I'd question your football nous.

So much better than given credit for. He was actually a good reader of the game, good passing ability, not shy to have the ball, picked up the ball from back four and had a good set piece on him believe it or not he could tackle too during a successful time for the club...he was slated for his Dad being the manager. Anybody shortsighted enough to suggest he was never a good player I'd question your football nous.

You were doing well until you said 'good set piece'. 5 years of DINK into the box. Crikes

+1

He was always blamed for all our faults, regardless of how well he played. Our ineffective midfield's failings were lumped on his shoulders

I remember him having a blinder vs WBA on the telly just before GJ got the sack

Funny how many on here put on their rose tinted specs when discussing his Dad, yet slate off Lee

Good luck to him, whatever he does

I watched his last game v Motherwell and he was very very quiet in central midfield and was taken off. It was a poor game (as most Scottish games are!) also Kelly played in that game and he didn't stand out at all, only that guy who went to from Well to Sheffield utd recently for "a big move" was any good. Although the right winger was good, pace good ball control but final delivery as rough. As y can tell it was my first Scottish game after being here for nearly 5 yrs and I won't be in a hurry to go back.

+1

He was always blamed for all our faults, regardless of how well he played. Our ineffective midfield's failings were lumped on his shoulders

I remember him having a blinder vs WBA on the telly just before GJ got the sack

Funny how many on here put on their rose tinted specs when discussing his Dad, yet slate off Lee

Good luck to him, whatever he does

Well said.

An underrated member of our most successful side in many years.

Good luck to him.

Good luck to him, he always tried his best & for that you can't fault him.

Shame he couldn't, tackle, shoot, pass forwards or obviously head a ball.......or track back.....

This was my biggest gripe.

People seem to rate him purely based upon the fact that he was in our team who reached the playoff final, not based on anything he did on the pitch.

From me, it's best of luck LJ, but I'm never ever going to suggest he was anything other than average at best.

Had he not got injured in the season we got to the play offs we would have gone up automatically.

didnt he just get replaced by Nick Carle?

The final nail in his and GJ's time here was bringing him on in the play off final imo. Was going to do nothing to the game, GJ just wanted his son to get out on the big field.

I've never understood people that thought he was any good, you can look at stats and say look how many games we won with him, we might have actually won more without him and our success with him was because of other players around him.

If you travelled away to watch City while he was here you would have seen the number of times he went walkabout when we were under pressure. He was physically and mentally out of his depth.

I can only think that fans of Junior have never actually played the game themselves, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine is that he was very poor and was only playing cos of Daddy.

Nick J will pop up any minute !

:laugh: this is true.........

You're not wrong there!

Started a handful of times in a year, hasn't even been making the squad lately. There was a lovely thread devoted to LJ on their forum a while ago......

Archived